Nikon Z FC - An Open Thread

In case anyone else needs one, I was looking for a decent cover/case for my Z FC with lens attached. I was after something that just covered the camera and lens whilst in the tail bag of my motorcycle or when I just want to throw it in my standard rucksack etc.. I found this LensCoat BodyBag and took a punt. It's the perfect fit and good quality, too. Other reviewers have said it also works well with the Z6/7/9 etc.. with small lens attached.

LCBB.jpg

Last edited:

Nicely done. Trying to decide if I want a 16-50 for my ZFC. Cheap as chips used, they appeal but do enjoy using the ZFC with the 28mm.

Yep. I use my Voigtlanders (21/1.8 and 35/1.2) more and the Jupiter 3 (50/1.5) but for landscapes the 16-50 is great and much lighter and smaller than the Voigtlanders. Worth having, especially for the price.

I keep toying with the Zfc and 16-50mm as a lighter alternative to my A9ii but the lack of grip keeps putting me off. Sad as it sounds but one of the draws for the Zfc is the style, it has be my favourite looking digital camera I think but a lot of the grips such as the small rig and official Nikon GR-1 ones spoil the lines of the camera for me. I was wondering if anyone's tried the stick on ones like the link below and can comment on how good/bad it is please?

I keep toying with the Zfc and 16-50mm as a lighter alternative to my A9ii but the lack of grip keeps putting me off. Sad as it sounds but one of the draws for the Zfc is the style, it has be my favourite looking digital camera I think but a lot of the grips such as the small rig and official Nikon GR-1 ones spoil the lines of the camera for me. I was wondering if anyone's tried the stick on ones like the link below and can comment on how good/bad it is please?

I have the Small Rig one with mine and it works brilliantly. It also provides you with a tripod mounting plate simultaneously.

Sold my Z6 today. But all the offers on the Zfc have ended

Now weighing up Zfc or Z30

I have the Small Rig one with mine and it works brilliantly. It also provides you with a tripod mounting plate simultaneously.

Same for me. The Smallrig grip transforms the camera.

In other news picked up a used 16-50 from LCE this week - under £150 and Silver too, result! View attachment 361989
I’m sure the grip makes the handling better but do you not find it spoils the lines of the camera?

Back