no longer used

Worth £6000 or cost £6000? very unlikely to be appreciating in value, keep what you need and lose the albatross is my feeling

mike
Cost.
Be lucky if I could sell it for half that.

I'll most likely put it all up on here in 2019.
"Brand new 100-400 anyone?"

Its all relative to if you need to sell regardless of how much the gear is worth £200 is a lot to some and just a small amount to other's everyone on here will have a different view as we all have different amounts of spare cash .

Rob.

Its all relative to if you need to sell regardless of how much the gear is worth £200 is a lot to some and just a small amount to other's everyone on here will have a different view as we all have different amounts of spare cash .

Rob.
That is true.
I don't need the cash but I don't need the gear either.

I have a basically new 5d4 with less than 150 shots on it sat in the bottom of my wardrobe.
If I thought I could get much for it I'd sell it today.

The only reason I'm keeping it is I can't bring myself to lose a shed load of cash.

You lose the cash when making the purchase, not when you sell it. Hence you should shop around and not feed the sharks left and right. And you should also plan purchases carefully so you don't end up with depreciating luxury items that you don't need or even want nor can afford.

When I bought my mk3 it has made many times over that amount and it probably will do another until the day I upgrade it. My bag would be far too expensive to afford as an acquisition trophy to put on the shelf

I'll most likely put it all up on here in 2019.
"Brand new 100-400 anyone?"

Guys I'm really gratefully for you taking the loss when I can buy my gear and cars half price or less. I will be likely shopping for those very same items some time next year so who knows... [for the record I am not making an offer or any of that at this point].

I bought mk3 new not long when it came out and it paid for itself. It was quite reasonable from HDEW to start with actually (I'd feel so s*** if I paid 3k for it!!!), but I'd hope I'd still get something for it as its fully functional in every single way.

If you don't strictly need the cash I'll gladly take a Canon 100-400 off your hands to free up some space ;)
If I win the lottery you can have it for free.
Until then, it will appear as a bargain here in 2019.

Merry Christmas all.

I’m not familiar with that camera, but I think photography students often look for cheap DSLRs at the start of the academic year.

The way I view it, is that I’ve really enjoyed using all my gear, so even though it has lost in value, that has been the cost of enjoying myself. It’s far better than drinking or gambling it away.

Is your house full of old CRT tube TVs, VHS video recorders, etc.? If not, then why should you be tripping over redundant camera kit and bleating about it?

Mine is, but it didn't stop me taking my old D70 and kit lens to LCE (along with other stuff) who gave me money for it.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but what would be some worthwhile places to sell gear in the UK? I'm not from the UK, so excuse the ignorance :)

Don't want to hijack the thread, but what would be some worthwhile places to sell gear in the UK? I'm not from the UK, so excuse the ignorance :)

Private selling, probably eBay, Facebook, this site, avforums, gumtree, pre-owned etc. There are some brand specific forums too, some more active than others.

In terms of selling to used dealers, MPB, ffordes, wex are worth a try.

ive got a Canon 5D4 sitting in a cupboard that hasn't been touched since May. i feel really guilty about it but i think it will have to be sold off soon.

I'll give you £200 for it right now squire!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Private selling, probably eBay, Facebook, this site, avforums, gumtree, pre-owned etc. There are some brand specific forums too, some more active than others.

In terms of selling to used dealers, MPB, ffordes, wex are worth a try.
I've sold a couple of lenses to Cameraworld in the past, good if you're not far from one of their shops and you like to deal face to face. I've seen lenses advertised locally on gumtree but most sellers want near new price and I don't believe they every get it.

Thanks! I'll give London Camera exchange and the others a try! Are there any facebook groups where people sell them? I don't really know how that process works really. How do you sell things on there?

cnkIm6U.jpg

Not worth selling even with a 29171 shutter count , no one wants a D300 camera with all this now, so just lying about in my office
If you wanna get rid of the AA battery box p.m me a price

Back