weekly Nog's WK 52 Favourite shot 2023

Lovely bit of history and character there :)
Cheers Dave
Looks like a well-loved instrument with a lot of history to it.
Thanks bill, yes it’s a good reminder of her teenage years
Very appropriate and nice lighting.
Cheers, used a couple of DIY/camping lights with a warm light setting
Liking the hippy look of the guitar, and love all the writing on it.
Thanks Dave, you would have loved her bedroom wall before we decorated again

As you can see I don't use photoshop much, have found pic doesn't look too bad if you close your eyes though. To end on a positive note it can only get better- hopefully :)

cowdog.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

Last edited:
It works and covers the tech which has not been easy for most of us. Nice one :)

Reactions: nog
Week 26 watching

Happened to be walking around Caernarfon Castle when this weeks theme was posted so first couple of pics from there

Middle tower is the watch tower, fellas with cross bows would keep watch from the tower
DSC02141.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

Lady Justice, pic taken from the castle walls
DSC02112.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

DSC02157.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

Charley watching me take a pic in the conservatory
DSC02244.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

Last edited:
I love your chosen shot.. great reflections in the eye. Lady Justice looks blindfolded??

great image with impact Keith.
Thanks Peter, I was a bit surprised how well it came out as it’s a big crop, should have tried to remove the hair in front of eye but I’ve not recovered from using Photoshop for the composite last week
I love your chosen shot.. great reflections in the eye. Lady Justice looks blindfolded??
Thanks Helen, yes it is a blindfold, so not watching, but thought it was a bit related to the theme- bit of a stretch I know. The statue is on top of the old court just outside the castle, level with the walls of the castle which was quite handy. Originally she had scales in her right hand, still has a sword in her right hand. The blindfold is meant to represent impartiality.

I had to look it up on wiki:

“Since the 16th century, Lady Justice has often been depicted wearing a blindfold. The blindfold was originally a satirical addition intended to show justice as blind to the injustice carried on before her,[5] but it has been reinterpreted over time and is now understood to represent impartiality, the ideal that justice should be applied without regard to wealth, power, or other status. The earliest Roman coins depicted Justitia with the sword in one hand and the scale in the other, but with her eyes uncovered.[6] Justitia was only commonly represented as "blind" since the middle of the 16th century”

Last edited:
Lovely close-up on the eye.

Some really good shots Keith. I chuckled when I read your compositing commentary...I can relate...

Lovely close-up on the eye.
Thanks Martin, it’s helps when he stares at me waiting to go for a walk
Echo the above comments. The eye image is my favourite and the reflection is great.
Thanks Adam
Some really good shots Keith. I chuckled when I read your compositing commentary...I can relate...
Thanks bill, yes I get a bit lost in photoshop, must try harder
Good set of images Keith like them all, love the close up of your dogs eye.
Cheers Dave

The two objects pictures are related in a way, tennis ball and the plastic watering can.
DSC02275.jpg by Keith, on Flickr
DSC02276.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

Few weeks ago, Nel dropped the tennis ball in the watering can and spent sometime trying to get it out herself. She came in the house and we noticed she was not happy at all, went to water plants a bit later and found why she was not happy. Her teeth are ok :)
DSC02274.jpg by Keith, on Flickr
DSC02273.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

Liking the closest of each of the two there. Makes it hard to tell what they are at first look.

Good detail and impressive cropping ability too.

The picture of the reflection in the dog's eye is fantastic though! Great detail in the fur, and the eye, with a super clear reflection!

Last edited:
Great set Keith. I think that I like the middle two shots the best and the tennis ball shot the best of those two (it reminds me of the Grinch...)

Liking the closest of each of the two there. Makes it hard to tell what they are at first look.

Good detail and impressive cropping ability too.

The picture of the reflection in the dog's eye is fantastic though! Great detail in the fur, and the eye, with a super clear reflection!
Thanks Graham, the high mp of the Sony helps a lot with cropping, I was quite surprised/ happy with the eye shot- Charlie’s eyes being a lighter colour help as well, our other dog has very dark eyes.
Great set Keith. I think that I like the middle two shots the best and the tennis ball shot the best of those two (it reminds me of the Grinch...)
Thanks Bill, never thought of the grinch. :)

Great back story. I prefer #1 myself but #2 looks like a creature wearing braces :LOL:

Week 28 unsightly

Bit late this week:oops: :$
Council offices, not a bad building I suppose, but the people living just across the road from it have different opinion as they used to have view of the castle on the hill. The building is called "The Kremlin" on strava
DSC02391.jpg by Keith, on Flickr
View they lost
DSC02389.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

Also council related, Denbigh hospital closed in the 90s and after being left to rot by various developers is finally being developed. Tin roof is temporary I hope
DSC02396.jpg by Keith, on Flickr
DSC02393.jpg by Keith, on Flickr
Nurses home
DSC02394.jpg by Keith, on Flickr
DSC02395.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

Nice architectural set there. Back story always adds to the images.

For the theme of unsightly, I like the last one best, overgrown grass, broken windows, holes in the roof of what once was - and could be again - a fantastic building. Love the hills over the rooftop too.

Nice architectural set there. Back story always adds to the images.

For the theme of unsightly, I like the last one best, overgrown grass, broken windows, holes in the roof of what once was - and could be again - a fantastic building. Love the hills over the rooftop too.
Thanks Graham , I agree the last pic was best suited to the theme. there are long term plans to restore the buildings but they will be surrounded by new builds. Chose the council office for the theme as I know someone who lives in that area and how strongly they feel about the Kremlin.

To be fair, I've seen many worse buildings, especially council offices, but bang on theme given the view they've lost!

A handsome chap Keith :)

Very pretty shot. I like the composition with the bottom of the bush he's hiding under. The shade adds to the image.

Week 30 Windows
Another week another castle :) , inner walls so there would have been windows there a few years ago
DSC02561.jpg by Keith, on Flickr
Denbigh Abbey
DSC02583.jpg by Keith, on Flickr
Local British Legion has set up a memorial display in a window, gives details of the local men lost in WW1. Sad how many were lost from the same streets in a small town.
DSC02588.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

Bit of a face going on there Keith :)

Catching up on my comments. Don't know where the time went...

Unsightly, not the most welcoming or pretty of buildings, for sure
Pretty, a beautiful shot
Windows, I think that I like the Denbigh Abbey shot the best, great colours and texture

A nice set. I'm leaning towards #2 with the contrast and colour of the brickwork.

Bit of a face going on there Keith :)
Yes Dave, the architects think of everything don’t they
Catching up on my comments. Don't know where the time went...

Unsightly, not the most welcoming or pretty of buildings, for sure
Pretty, a beautiful shot
Windows, I think that I like the Denbigh Abbey shot the best, great colours and texture
Thanks Bill, nearly used unsightly for the windows shot. Yes I like the abbey shot but went with the castle as prefer the blue sky- bit of a rarity last few weeks
A nice set. I'm leaning towards #2 with the contrast and colour of the brickwork.
Thanks Helen (y)

Two nice shots for the theme Keith :)

Back