Noise Reduction - What do you use?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

As the question really, if thats okay? Firstly I apologise if its in the wrong forum section, was going to put it in Tutorials and Guides then thought errrrm its none of those!

So in terms of plugin/program which one do you use and how good is it?

Ed :)

I use Imagenomics Noiseware plug-in for Adobe Elements etc.

It works for me (y)

Used to use Neatimage, but went through a phase of processing everything. Never really use it now as I've learned to use any grain to add to the pictures....especially in B&W.

I dont use anything. I used to with my Fuji S7000, but since having the Canon I can honestly say I have never used any type of anti-noise plugin or whatever.

Excellent, thanks for that. I shall look into this. I have a couple of captures that could do with a slight "removal of noise" :)

I have found that I prefer not to use anything at all also. I dislike the effect that anti-noise programmes give. I guess it's a matter of personal taste!

Janice said:
I dont use anything. I used to with my Fuji S7000, but since having the Canon I can honestly say I have never used any type of anti-noise plugin or whatever.

My Nikon seems to handle it quite well but I've been covering a few night events where I've been trying to use natural light instead off the sb800. I'm really pleased with the results, how both camera and lens handle in low light conditions but I seem to be very critical as a photographer and want to get these captures spot on.

Again thanks :)

i generally use the volume switch if things are too noisy ? ;)

Sometimes use noiseware, but as has been mentioned sometimes noise adds to the picture, and the noise reduction can affect the picture in an adverse way too !

Noise reduction software built into Rawshooter Premium :)

Noise ninja here. But Unless you're shooting at iso1600 it's not really that necessary. Unless you want super-clean images. The pay-off though is that you will lose a lot of fine detail.

These are 2 100% crops from a shot before and after noise ninja. Just to show the softening effect it can have......

nn1.jpg
nn2.jpg

Back