Noob here! After canon lenses!

Name
Jordan Norris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys and girls,

I'm Jord, a 25 year old retail assistant from Tamworth, Staffordshire.
Tried forums before and never got my head around them so may have to bare with me at first.
I purchased my first DSLR back in June this year and have been practicing as much as possible ever since.
You see, in 38 days, my girlfriend and i will be on a one way flight to Bangkok about to embark in our ultimate dream. We plan (roughly) 6 months around South East Asia, then on to Australia to purchase a campervan and see what happens, go with the flow!
With this trip rapidly approaching, I'm in need of a couple of lenses. After some research and advice from a friend who's pretty ace behind the camera, I've decided on:
Canon(or other brand) 50mm F1.8.
Canon(or other brand) 18-300 F3.5-F6.3
I am however open to suggestions, opinions of more experienced photographers than myself.
I have a budget of £500. And I'd like to stick firmly to that budget!

Thanks in advance!

On a tight budget these look like good choices. Try buying used to save more money. I’d also suggest taking a tripod for when you need longer exposure eg night time, plus a flash. Look forward to seeing the results :)

:welcome: to the forum Jord, sounds like the dream holiday, enjoy (y)

Sigma do the 18-300
What camera body do you have and what other lenses? That would probably need to dictate what lenses would be best. I'm not sure you'll need a long lens for memories. In Thailand I shot over 2500 photos of which only 88 were with a 70-200 lens, everthing else was with my 24-105.

Do you plan on traveling light? I'd get a battery charger that chargers from a usb type connector and a battery bank. Then you can use the same charger for your phone, to charge the bank, have a power source for phone or camera if required.

Have you planned Thailand yet from Bangkok. There's plenty of people who could give you hints on what to see.

Last edited:
Hi Jordan, And welcome aboard TP."Enjoy".

Back