weekly Nortdog's TP52 For 2014 - Week 27 Rich

Dreamy - I like this one. An early morning scene with some lovely colours and nice lighting. Using a longish exposure is spot on for this type of shot. Also the foreground rock is vital to making this work

Vertical - More great light and more use of rocks in the foreground. I even like the positioning of the crescent moon. Nice one.

Texture - Wow. That's a superb shot. The focus is absolutely perfect as the detail in the eye is incredible. What was the setup for the shot? More than just a macro lens I guess

Rich - Maybe a little too much movement - but not by much - for my eyes. I do like it though. I'd probably crop a bit of the left hand side to emphasise the space the car is moving in to

Texture - stunning shot the detail in the eye is superb

Rich - I can see a connection with the theme but the processing and slow pan doesn't really work for me. I do however like the car, and I can see a slight abstract feel to the image so I can get what you were looking to achieve.

Hi Adam :)

Dreamy - Definetly worth getting up for, a lovely spot, great minds with the dreamy water thought, the horizon lookas a difficult one to work out love the colours you have caught on this, the silky water reflects the colours nicely, and them shiny rocks are are spot on - great image (y)

Vertical - There is that great sky again !! - an interesting shot, I'd prefer a bit more prominence on the lighthouse for the theme, but still as an image it works nicely for me, 3 main elements a couple of which are on the thirds, some foreground interest, wonderful light bringing out some good detail... like it :)

Texture - Wow that is a little beast... love the detail on this, liking the angle and colours are real nice too, super macro shot (y)

Rich - For a catch up shot that was taken before the theme was announced... more of a pre-shot :D I quite like it, I think it's the colour I like, the badge is very recognisable, maybe a tiny bit more focus would improve it but a nice different image :)

Hope you had a great break !!!!
Nice spot DK thought I'd use some of my hol shots seen as I spent ages editing them all, also to try an not get that far behind!

Dreamy - I like this one. An early morning scene with some lovely colours and nice lighting. Using a longish exposure is spot on for this type of shot. Also the foreground rock is vital to making this work

Vertical - More great light and more use of rocks in the foreground. I even like the positioning of the crescent moon. Nice one.

Texture - Wow. That's a superb shot. The focus is absolutely perfect as the detail in the eye is incredible. What was the setup for the shot? More than just a macro lens I guess

Rich - Maybe a little too much movement - but not by much - for my eyes. I do like it though. I'd probably crop a bit of the left hand side to emphasise the space the car is moving in to
Thanks peter, the set up for this was just my kit lens reversed using a mounting ring, a tripod and a remote shutter. The only other thing was I used mirror lock up.

Back