North Staffs potential meet up event

Away motor racing on this weekend so can't attend which is a shame.
Anyone who hasn't already been to an F&C meet they are really enjoyable days with fellow enthusiasts - I highly recommend going along.

Not sure as yet, I'll have to check my shifts when we get back.

Not sure yet either. I have a vague notion I'm supposed to be doing something that weekend but I can't remember what it is!

Probably a family related obligation which is why I've tried to erase it from my mind!
Father's Day is on Sunday, so maybe that's it
EDIT: cancel that, I thought it was this weekend you were taliking about. :asshat:

Last edited:
I would prefer Saturday.

Sunday is reserved for witnessing the continued outbreak of the old English disease.

I'd prefer Saturday too, and I think the forecast is currently for sunnier weather on Sat, but can go with Sunday if the majority vote goes that way. :)

A full English breakfast (well, brunch!) sounds good to me. I'm hoping the Ektachrome I've ordered might arrive in time for the meet-up too.

Bacon'n'cheyse oatcayke fer mey! Think they get them from shop in Milton made properly with yeast , so much better than the ones made in the factory just up Loomer Road using baking powder

I'm stuffed for both days so you'll have to enjoy the beer and fry ups without me :beer:

Bacon'n'cheyse oatcayke fer mey! Think they get them from shop in Milton made properly with yeast , so much better than the ones made in the factory just up Loomer Road using baking powder
I'm afraid I'll have to bring some Cheshire decorum across the border with me, and ignore the oatcakes on the grounds that the only cake fit to serve with breakfast/fry up is the potato cake. In my opinion, oatcakes have all the culinary appeal of a sheet of slightly singed blotting paper! :hungover:

I'm stuffed for both days so you'll have to enjoy the beer and fry ups without me :beer:
Sorry you can't attend Suz.

I'm afraid I'll have to bring some Cheshire decorum across the border with me, and ignore the oatcakes on the grounds that the only cake fit to serve with breakfast/fry up is the potato cake. In my opinion, oatcakes have all the culinary appeal of a sheet of slightly singed blotting paper! :hungover:

Sorry you can't attend Suz.

Never mind the Cheshire decorum (whatever that is) Cheshire cheese goes better with oatcakes . :giggle:

Never mind the Cheshire decorum (whatever that is) Cheshire cheese goes better with oatcakes . :giggle:
Cheshire cheese is best served as a thin slice on top of a hot buttered crumpet that has been lightly smeared with strawberry jam. However, that has to be served on a cold and frosty winter afternoon with a mug of hot tea to appreciate it fully... hopefully this weekend will be a + degree C or two out of season for that little treat! :)

Last edited:
Sorry folks but I'm working both days this weekend....... again(n):grumpy:

So what's the meet-up plan then chaps? Is it going to be the caff at noon as suggested?

Caff at noon it is. Camera bag over packed! Including some factor 30 sun cream recalling my burn at Astle Park last year. Also a couple of co-codamols in case back has a relapse.

Turned up early, good walk up the hill so having a cuppa and resting back while checking camera. That mug looks small against the Eos 3!20190629_110559.jpeg

Another very pleasant F&C locals meet-up with Simon and David today, with a surprise guest appearance from Andy and Janet (who found us in the beer tent, where else!), which was nice. Hope everyone got home safely and here's to the next one. (y)

Home to homemade doner kebab (well done by daughter) now getting on the right side of a mug of tea before putting my Dad's taxi cap on.

Astle Park Traction Engine Rally (near Chelford in North Cheshire) was suggested as everyone seemed to enjoy it last year. It's the second weekend in August https://outdoorshows.co.uk/astle-park-traction-engine-rally/

Once again, we can pick our day subject to majority availability of F&C people and the weather forecast. @Andysnap suggested a foray into Shropshire too, with Blists Hill Victorian Village at Ironbridge being one of the suggestions, and some time in September being mooted for that. Hopefully @Fraser Euan White, @sirch, @niko, @srichards and some others might be able to join us for one of those?

It's a good few years since I last went to Blists Hill so if I'm free I'd be up for that

Love the extreme distortion on that disposable camera; it's made that camera holster looks like a rucksack! That's probably where the disposable camera got its name from... people see the results and throw them away! Unless it was Saturday's warm weather that's melted the lens?! :giggle:

My two films went off today, fingers crossed they get there, turn out ok, and get back!

Last edited:
Back