Wales North Wales Slate Mines

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
the North Wales slate mining area has just been given world Heritage status, I wonder if this will change anything for leisure users of those areas, in particular i'm thinking of Dinorwic - will someone try to cash in I wonder?

I have little doubt that it will encourage a certain amount of the packaging of experience, as has been done already to some extent - but will be surely get used as a marketing tool, and why not? Maybe it'll divert a bit of footfall from areas that are already under pressure, & bring some income to places that have suffered loss of employment since the decline of the slate industry.

It's good that the landscape of industrial heritage can be respected & appreciated ...

I have little doubt that it will encourage a certain amount of the packaging of experience, as has been done already to some extent - but will be surely get used as a marketing tool, and why not? Maybe it'll divert a bit of footfall from areas that are already under pressure, & bring some income to places that have suffered loss of employment since the decline of the slate industry.

It's good that the landscape of industrial heritage can be respected & appreciated ...

I'm not suggesting it's a bad thing. I think it's fantastic that it has been recognised for what it is, after all that area played such a huge part in so many lives, not just in Wales.

Ye gods we don’t need any more staycation tourists heading in . The A55 is already at capacity most days on Monday afternoon it was a constant stream of cars packed to the brim with tents etc or towing caravans .. constant updates about accidents and watch for speed camera posts on faceberk .. roll on the winter and back to normal

Ye gods we don’t need any more staycation tourists heading in . The A55 is already at capacity most days on Monday afternoon it was a constant stream of cars packed to the brim with tents etc or towing caravans .. constant updates about accidents and watch for speed camera posts on faceberk .. roll on the winter and back to normal

The A5 is also quite bad too, too much traffic from Slopsbury and then when you hit Llangollen you get the Zombie tourists walking aimlessly into traffic and the motorcycles playing lemmings on the Horseshoe Pass....

Back