Northants / Bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's loads of pubs in nothampton. If it's a meal you want, there's sixfields, that might have somet. I think there is a frankie and bennies, and what not

there must be some mid wayish,

It seems as though Northampton it self is a midway point
for those that have shown an interest, I don't that area particually well.
I can have a grub round in cyberspace, unless anyone has any idea's before we start to go around in ever decreasing circles?

I also tend to agree with photostar

There's a load of pubs dotted all over the shop, just needs someone to nail one down

think its just over the road from the station at the end of avebury/midsummer boulevards ?

Junction of Grafton Gate / silbury boulavard
The station lays back on Elder gate Just behind grafton gate

They sell cheap wine in Bergerac too but I'm buggered if I am going all that way for a pint of it :LOL:

If Northampton is more central for everyone I'm sure we can find something nice that will suit, PUB!!! :beer: pub is always good, so, any suggestions on a location?

there are two or three 'Buddies' in n'ton, not a pub but reasonable prices burgers etc,

as for dates, Saturday eve's are good for me as i work late most fridays.

:coat: ok, maybe not then? :D

come on guys!!!!!, or are you all down the pub sussing them for good beer:LOL:

:coat: ok, maybe not then? :D

come on guys!!!!!, or are you all down the pub sussing them for good beer:LOL:

It was a good idea at the time :(
I am still up for it though (y)

If it purly Northampton / Bedford & MK
MK is in the middle & I can try and sort something out down my end BUT there are others in North Northants how do they feel about travelling to MK? :shrug:

Silk Road is an excellent suggestion if people want to travel to MK, I live there so easy for me, but I'm also happy to travel to Northampton.

In Northampton, there is a good bar on the Wellingborough Road called 'Corkers' which just happens to be next to a very good Indian Restaurant called Mem Saab. However, if we are going on a Saturday, we'll have to book well in advance. My partner (Gaynor) would come too so more ladies to even out the numbers. It can be a bit noisy though in the bar, but as there haven't been many suggestions so far, thought I would at least suggest something.

Jas

if in northampton is probably best to choose somewhere out of the town centre for easier parking, the queen eleanor is pretty good ? and easy to find/get too.

Is this the link you meant Ian?
http://www.pub-explorer.com/nhants/pub/queeneleanorwootton.htm

Just off the A508 before hitting N'ampton I beileve?
Out of town is good for the reasons you mentioned (y)
Lets do it!
What about the week-end before bank holiday week-end ie Sat 19th May 7:30- 8pm
or the week end after B-H Sat 2nd June same time
Chris

yeah thats the one, i put the map link up to point people to where it is ! :)

Its easy to find and has a biggish car park, not sure if you have to book for large groups, but once we have a confirmed number and date it shouldnt be hard to find out ! :)

I think im ok for either of the dates you mentioned, will see what the consensus is ! :)

yeah thats the one, i put the map link up to point people to where it is ! :)

Its easy to find and has a biggish car park, not sure if you have to book for large groups, but once we have a confirmed number and date it shouldnt be hard to find out ! :)

I think im ok for either of the dates you mentioned, will see what the consensus is ! :)

Ah sorry missed the point of the link :bonk: Going on the intial reaction / replies I think we are looking at about 10 I don't think that would be classed as a large group?
One other thing how should we / will we recognise each other? Just a minor detail :) any suggestions?

ah good point, theres the what do we all look like thread somewhere ! ;) ill see if i can dig it out ! lol

no one sticks ther real mugs on those things do they? :D
We could all have a camera haning around our necks and just pretend we are a bunch of Japanese tourists of course :LOL:

Queen Eleanor is within walking distance of my house, so the location suits me!

I can currently do both dates mentioned by Cobra. :)

huh there's always one :D move the location quick :LOL:
Right thats 3 of us then?

Folks,
can't make the 19th (will be at Wembley even though I don't support either team), but am ok for 2nd June.

Go with the majority once others respond. If I miss this one, I'm sure there will be others.
Jas

2nd June is good for me and The Queen Eleanor sounds like a good place to get together (and I put my real fizzog on 'what do you look like posts :p )

Folks,
can't make the 19th (will be at Wembley even though I don't support either team), but am ok for 2nd June.

Go with the majority once others respond. If I miss this one, I'm sure there will be others.
Jas

I Hadn't thought about that Ok then lets make it the 2nd of June 8pm
Any objections folks?

Should be ok for me. LB wont make it though. I think she's going to see Spamalot! Kinda fits really, as that all she does here anyway! :p

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I Know you can't please all the people all the time but how about interested parties posting the dates they CAN'T make and a pattern should develope where we can get everyone there at the same time? just another thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back