Nostalgia is it a thing of the past?

Never mind, the ownership value of a pair of X-Ray spectacles was probably better left to the imagination! :whistle:
Yeah they didn't work anyway
:LOL:

Bazooka Joe! ISTR there were adverts on the back of the comic for things such as novelty items that cost $ and cents? That rather ruled us kids in the UK out! Never mind, the ownership value of a pair of X-Ray spectacles was probably better left to the imagination! :whistle:

They also had those glasses that allowed you to see behind you.

I also remember something called the "seeback-o-scope".

Yeah they didn't work anyway
:LOL:
As a male teenager I always wondered whether or not I was missing out by not owning a pair of X-ray spectacles... would they work or not? After all these years, I'm so glad you've put my mind at rest.

I will sleep so much better now for knowing they'd not have been much help to me when checking I'd put enough developer and fixer in that Paterson developing tank.

Last edited:
Another blast from the past, Wrigley's PK chewing gum in those little crunchy coated lozenge things wrapped in silver foil and a yellowy orange paper band type wrapper.

And those massive gob stoppers that lasted for ages, turned different colours and finally a small aniseed ball in the middle.

And those massive gob stoppers that lasted for ages, turned different colours and finally a small aniseed ball in the middle.
Used to get fed up after a bit and put it in your pocket for later!

Used to get fed up after a bit and put it in your pocket for later!
Yep you could make it last a few days!
Trouble is it came out ( of your pocket) covered in fluff somehow or other :D

I don't remember them flat like that, I remember them being round and the wrapper had a couple of twists like a toffee.

I remember those but I think all Bazookas were flat.

I also recall my sister putting crisp packets in the oven and they would shrink perfectly
A lad in my infant school used to do that. He said he had a brown paper Sainsbury's carrier bag full of them. He'd even ask other kids if he could have their empty bags.
I don't think he ever really forgave his Mum for throwing them all out. :crying:

Just reminded on another thread.
Hipster trousers. Oxford bags. Ben Sherman shirts (bolt through collar of course).

Thank you everyone. I knew there was a reason I prefer now to the past...

:exit:

And old spice. :p

Had an elderly aunt (who I saw a couple of times a month) who would buy me a bottle of Old Spice aftershave for christmas every year despite me having a beard (and regular showers!!!)
She probably used to buy the bottles that I used to give to the village bric-a-brac sale.

Had an elderly aunt (who I saw a couple of times a month) who would buy me a bottle of Old Spice aftershave for christmas every year despite me having a beard (and regular showers!!!)
She probably used to buy the bottles that I used to give to the village bric-a-brac sale.
You can still use aftershave if you have a beard.
Did no one tell you? :)

I could have BUT then I'd have smelled of Old Spice rather than clean. Not a fan of perfume, even on women!

Reactions: Sky
Mind you, the Body Shop's White Musk used to do strange things to me 30 or so years ago...

Not that sort of strange things - Mrs Nod used to wear it... :) :D ...and we're still together (although she hasn't worn WM for 25 or so years.)

Back