NOT RIAT!

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Jealous because I didn't go there, or to Farnborough etc etc.

So something totally different! I think it just about classes itself as transport... Poor skies unfortunately :(

4816215484_4650aebd3d_b.jpg

4816216716_26aabd81c1_b.jpg

4815593715_49f7e56b9d_b.jpg

4815593269_8044b86198_b.jpg

Only yellow when in flower then goes dark when ripe and it has the pods on it which you can see in 3 and 4. Oilseed has to be cut through as you harvest it. in #1 you can see the top of the vertical cutting knife on the left of the header table..

nice to see some propper heavy metal on here!

I spent 3 summers working the harvest, the final one driving a lexion 550 on the odd occasion, a belting machine.

The crop is indeed OSR, looks a bit green but if it's gotta be cut, it's gotta be cut!

Really good images, you obviously got a great view being in the field, did you just wander in or are you involved with the boys working?

Shutter speed is spot on, something i tried but failed at when working as never had any way of supporting the camera!

Charlie

Thanks huys.

Yes the sky was a real nightmare, I had hoped to get both of my parent's neighbour's 580TTs today with a good sky as they were in the same field of OSR but alas the sky was poor again.

I was chuffed with the shutter speed in 1 at 1/10 - despite the fact they're not the fastest moving machines, it's still not easy to keep it sharp!

These were taken near me in Essex, I decided to give myself an hour or so off en-route back from a meeting on Monday, saw they were cutting and just went for it. Plus I think the Lexion's are more photogenic than my Dad's old TF!

Simon - Hi - I'm on PH too, just recognised the Landy pics!

Last edited:
Oil seed; doesn't that have a yellow colour?
Looks more like wheat to me, which is nicer on my hay fever:)

Definitely oilseed rape, there won't be any wheat won't be ready for a while yet!

Only yellow when in flower then goes dark when ripe and it has the pods on it which you can see in 3 and 4. Oilseed has to be cut through as you harvest it. in #1 you can see the top of the vertical cutting knife on the left of the header table..

Its actually dying off when it goes dark brown and is ready to be cut. ;)

Love that first shot, nice bit of motion and I'm impressed you've been able to pan it at 1/10th. I'll have to have a go at panning our combine but reckon I'll need an ND of some sort on the brighter days!

Back