Not sure where to place this gallery in the Telegraph

Perhaps I should have entered in 2016 when I took this. I had to run back to the house and get my camera and the ant was still wandering around with the fly after about half an hour. At one point (before I had got my camera) it was carrying the ant in the air, obviously I missed that :(

AntAndFlySmall.jpg

"Like" seems inappriate somehow! Excellent capture

Paywalled.

All I can see is the subscription options page. :(
I get a couple of seconds of a fly on a flower, head on.

Weird, I can see ten different pictures, Try this link, it's slightly different from the above:

Insects

EDIT: Actually, don't bother, seems I can't see them from that one either.

Last edited:
Sorry guys if the viewing is a mixed bag.

The origin is the OH's digital DT that I shared the link to my PC and copied it as in my OP......so no idea why some can see it and others get the paywall :thinking:

It is strange because when I use your link I can see the images but when I copy and paste the link wherein I can see the images and post it here, as I did above, I find I can't use the new link either.

Here are three of them. I'll not put any more in in case there is a copyright issue and the mods remove them. If there isn't a problem I'll fetch the other seven.

Image-0-0-1153056.jpg

Image-0-0-1153059.jpg

Image-0-0-1153055.jpg

Thanks for those 3, Shiny Martin!

Weird, I can see ten different pictures, Try this link, it's slightly different from the above:

Insects

EDIT: Actually, don't bother, seems I can't see them from that one either.

My experience is that they show up from the original link but yours goes to the subs page —on iPad/Safari.

If I try to ‘zoom’ in on a photo it switches to the subs page with no going back — original link still works though.

However, though the photos are good, none are as interesting/informative as yours.

Last edited:
Indeed, thanks for finding the gallery for us - much appreciated!

Back