nottinghamshire lonely tree

I absolutely love no.1. Cracking shots Daniel.

Great work Daniel....#3 for me....simple , great focus & a cracking sky :clap:

#1 is fantastic. Great field, tracks leading eye into shot, lovely blue sky, wonderful fluffy clouds AND a lone tree!!!! What more do you want.

number one is belter, but i'd leave the tracks out as they lead the eye in to the shot but away from the tree. The tree and the clouds are lovely by themselves and don't need something to take attention away from them. It also becomes too many elements for me. Cracking image, well done. Technically very good too.

I do like them but have to admit that number two doesn't do it for me like the other two.

Thinking on what ifc1892 says about the tracks - I'm not sure - I can see what is meant but I also like the 'distraction' - for me both the tree and the tracks lead my mind's eye to the big sky and 'over the horizon'.

Strange as it may seem but I'm sure that I recognise this tree from some photos I saw on flickr some six months ago - East Bridgeford? If you're interested, here's a couple of links:

Link 1 & Link 2

Nice one Daniel, spill the beans, where was this taken? I've had my eye out for a tree like this for a while now.

(y)wow. thanks everyone
yes the tree is in east bridgeford Nottinghamshire

Back