Nupsstaðir Church - Southern Iceland

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Núpsstaðir Church, taken with 20d and EF-S 10-22 hired from lensesforhire, handheld :)

Nupsstadir.jpg

odd looking place
great picture though! :clap:

It looks like somewhere that Hobbits might live :LOL:

Nice shot Ian - good job on the exposure,, not blowing out the clouds ;)

Is this building still used as a church?
Lovely colours and a great sky!

Cathy

What a funky little place!
Just the kind of thing thing that would appeal to me too (y)

... and yet ... I cant prevent my eye from wandering off to the gorgeous serenity just beyond on the right (ooh! did you get any pics of that?).

Thinking of Grendel's Hobbit reference ... I can imagine this shot might look really fantasy-like in maybe sepia or duotone :)

That's really nice Ian. Makes a change from your normal stuff! I reckon it would work as a crop to more like 2:1 aspect ratio and lose the grass from the bottom...

Paul

Can pronounce the name but the pic of it is lovely. It's looks like a great place to tog. :)

Wonder if they mow the roof?

certainly an unusual place!

Is this building still used as a church?
Lovely colours and a great sky!

Cathy

Do you know im not 100% sure, i think it is, its still layed out like one inside :) You have to stoop to get in though ! lol

What a funky little place!
Just the kind of thing thing that would appeal to me too

... and yet ... I cant prevent my eye from wandering off to the gorgeous serenity just beyond on the right (ooh! did you get any pics of that?).

Thinking of Grendel's Hobbit reference ... I can imagine this shot might look really fantasy-like in maybe sepia or duotone

LOL they have lots of grass roofed churches, is apparently the traditional way to build houses too, without the 10-22 i would never have got the background in, i have a shot with the 17-40 and its a lot closer than that

Thanks Glo ill see about sepia and duo tone, im not really a fan of either ! lol

Oh i like that

Handheld aswell

What lenes was it??

Canon EF-S 10-22

That's really nice Ian. Makes a change from your normal stuff! I reckon it would work as a crop to more like 2:1 aspect ratio and lose the grass from the bottom...

Paul

Ill have a look mate, ta :) i have some with the 17-40 as said above so they be more what you are thinking :)

Can pronounce the name but the pic of it is lovely. It's looks like a great place to tog. :)

Wonder if they mow the roof?

certainly an unusual place!

LOL No idea if they mow the roof, perhaps just let the sheep trim it :)

Thanks all, this is totally out of my comfort zone as you know :)

Back