Nutters with Cameras - f&c style.

And, if it's in this thread, the photos with it must have you in using it; and if of it, someone else should be using it. And it shouldn't be pointed anywhere near the moon.

So where was I ?

Outside Arundel Photographica.

Arundel DSC03468_DxO.jpg

Although other photos from other people on the day show that you were in the Swanbourne Tearooms - I was too occupied learning about 10x8 at the time to take photos myself.

Last edited:
OK so i feel suitably guilty at being harsh.:rolleyes:
We'll let you tell us about it BUT only in piccies….Taken of it and with it!;)

Tested the F4 and used it for pics for this months comp plus next month's decay...seems to work ok so not much to talk about other than comparing it with other cameras.......for a few things.

Tested the F4 and used it for pics for this months comp plus next month's decay...QUOTE]
I hope by that you mean you used the F4 to take a suitable photograph, and you don't mean it was your subject? ;)

Last edited:
I hope by that you mean you used the F4 to take a suitable photograph, and you don't mean it was your subject? ;)
[/QUOTE]

:) well the F4 could be the subject as in at least one thing it is of no use to me compared to a Canon T90 (and even a £8 camera I have off the bay)........h'mm this could start a Nikon\Canon war o_O:eek: :exit: :canon::nikon:

. sorry, edit mixup...

Last edited:
:) well the F4 could be the subject as in at least one thing it is of no use to me compared to a Canon T90 (and even a £8 camera I have off the bay)........h'mm this could start a Nikon\Canon war o_O:eek: :exit: :canon::nikon:

Preferably NOT on this thread!!!

<grump>(The trouble with long, off topic diversions is that the thread refreshes, so looks interesting FOR ITS TOPIC. At least with a thread about shooting moonshots of canon/Nikon, those of us who don't care can easily ignore the thread. Sorry, but I have found this diversion profoundly annoying. In retrospect, I should have clicked "report" way back, but this is F&C and it seemed unsporting.)</grump>

<grump>(The trouble with long, off topic diversions is that the thread refreshes, so looks interesting FOR ITS TOPIC. At least with a thread about shooting moonshots of canon/Nikon, those of us who don't care can easily ignore the thread. Sorry, but I have found this diversion profoundly annoying. In retrospect, I should have clicked "report" way back, but this is F&C and it seemed unsporting.)</grump>
It's one of the downsides when a thread goes a bit 'quiet': After the initial impetus, regular postings cease (in this case, probably in favour of posting the sort of photo that would have appeared on this thread on F&C 'meet-up/holiday' type threads instead?). No mugshots appear, or appear very sporadically, then one particular and possibly somewhat off topic (in this case, possibly depending on your definition of nutters with cameras) post occurs, and for some reason people have the urge to reply.

Before you know it, the thread is off in a different direction. If you find this annoying then be prepared for a love-hate relationship with internet forums, as it happens on all of them. If some kind and benevolent force of administration (@Cobra @The Big Yin) were to take action and restore things by splitting this thread into two then I'm sure we'd all be very grateful. If not, then let it be, perhaps as a standing stone style monolith to nutters with cameras and their ramblings. ;)

Last edited:

It's one of the downsides when a thread goes a bit 'quiet': After the initial impetus, regular posting cease (in this case, probably in favour of posting the sort of photo that would have appeared on this thread on F&C 'meet-up/holiday' type threads instead?). No mugshots appear, or appear very sporadically, then one particular and possibly somewhat off topic (in this case, possibly depending on your definition of nutters with cameras) post occurs, and for some reason people have the urge to reply.

Before you know it, the thread is off in a different direction. If you find this annoying then be prepared for a love-hate relationship with internet forums, as it happens on all of them. If some kind and benevolent force of administration (@Cobra @The Big Yin) were to take action and restore things by splitting this thread into two then I'm sure we'd all be very grateful. If not, then let it be, perhaps as a standing stone style monolith to nutters with cameras and their ramblings. ;)

As I had quite an input into the thread *** "going astray" , I guess that I owe an apology to Chris and anyone else whom it may have displeased.

*** How far astray from coming under the title of "nutters with cameras" the thread went is somewhat debateable......We all know that Brian is a complete fruitcake :exit::LOL: and I'm more nutty than a nut roast!
Maybe that places us in the thread perfectly, there again maybe not!:thinking:

No apologies necessary from anyone, I'm as guilty as the other contributors. Just laying down a mark that I'd personally prefer we kept a bit more on topic. Short diversions are fine, AFAICS but 80-odd OT posts, as someone mentioned, is way OTT IMHO!

Short diversions are fine, AFAICS but 80-odd OT posts, as someone mentioned, is way OTT IMHO!

And thereby hangs the tale; how do we know how far off route our 'short diversion' is going to take us... and as the many of us that hit a traffic jam before the days of sat-nav and decided to take a detour will probably testify, you're never lost with a full tank of fuel and a good map! :LOL:

Last edited:
No apologies necessary from anyone, I'm as guilty as the other contributors. Just laying down a mark that I'd personally prefer we kept a bit more on topic. Short diversions are fine, AFAICS but 80-odd OT posts, as someone mentioned, is way OTT IMHO!

....h'mm 6 posts off topic in this thread that you have started o_O:rolleyes:

Don't worry Chris I have reported you for being too considerate.

So, to get things very much back on track........

Badger and Bloor, the famous seventies detective duo on assignment.

Badger and Bloor by Andy, on Flickr

You've spelt defective wrong, Andy! :giggle: Pity we couldn't solve the case of the missing framing! ;)

Last edited:
It was even worse before I moved you closer to Dave

Yep, that's Hooley all right.

Seen in the appropriately named Killin

Killer Haggis DSC01484.jpg

I posted this elsewhere but thought it also fitted here Not sure if it qualifies me as a nutter with a camera or idiot with a camera !

O.K there is a bit of a story to this one ! whilst out with both a disposable ( for the disposable challenge) and my Cosmic 35 I stopped at a church on my way to to Hampton Loade railway station ,I realized that I had never tried the clock work timer on the camera and thought I'd have a go. I propped the camera up on a leaning grave stone and had a quick look through the view finder worked out what it was framing and pressed the button, As I thought it was pointing a little low I then decided that I would try my hardest to look a prat by crouching in the shot pressed the button and ran. As you can see the timer worked as did my plan to look like a prat !

idiot.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't sure where to post this as they aren't members here, so please indulge me.

In spring last year I went on an LF day with Simon and Keith via Ffordes. I knew Simon from one of my training courses, but not photographically. We did some shots that might be classed as Urbex, whereupon Simon told me about the local underground oil tanks and showed me a photo he had taken with multiple flashes with the camera shutter open. My claustrophobia wouldn't let me go with him, but he's been back with his pal Dave and they're on the BBC website today. I know that @sirch does caving, but I'm terrified just watching this 1 minute video. :eek:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-49728273

Last edited:
I wasn't sure where to post this as they aren't members here, so please indulge me.

In spring last year I went on an LF day with Simon and Keith via Ffordes. I knew Simon from on eof my training courses, but not photographically. We did some shots that might be classed as Urbex, whereupon Simon told me about the local underground oil tanks and showed me a photo he had taken with multiple flashes with the camera shutter open. My claustrophobia wouldn't let me go with him, but he's been back with his pal Dave and they're on the BBC website today. I know that @sirch does caving, but I'm terrified just watching this 1 minute video. :eek:

I'd be up for that :) as long as someone had a gas detector, I've seen video from those tanks (at least I think it was the same ones).

In spring last year I went on an LF day with Simon and Keith via Ffordes. I knew Simon from one of my training courses, but not photographically. We did some shots that might be classed as Urbex, whereupon Simon told me about the local underground oil tanks and showed me a photo he had taken with multiple flashes with the camera shutter open. My claustrophobia wouldn't let me go with him, but he's been back with his pal Dave and they're on the BBC website today. I know that @sirch does caving, but I'm terrified just watching this 1 minute video. :eek:

Awesome!
As a young man I would have been in there like a shot.
Like you peter, I have over the years found to have an increasing fear of enclosed spaces but with other folk and support I’d still make an attempt to gain access.
Thanks for sharing, I personally find stuff like this both interesting and intriguing.

I'd be up for that :) as long as someone had a gas detector, I've seen video from those tanks (at least I think it was the same ones).

I'd want my oxygen meter too and my full face Breathing Apparatus set on my back as well as a full rescue plan like I used when checking out supposedly clean oil storage vessels and chambers for Shell.

As we drove back down the M62 from the M in L's yesterday we spotted someone on one of the bridges shooting with a large format camera, now it might have been a Chroma or a dark wood ebony but we only got a quick glimpse. It was on the bridge before the turn off for Gemini at Warrington, anyone on here out yesterday at about 16.15?.

Wasn't me either, you'd have seen the bright yellow Chroma a mile away.

You could at least have photographed him. Isn't that what dashcams are for - to record photographers as you drive past them?

Back