NWIOT.... Not Worth It's Own Thread

So the credentials they supplied were correct, they were just stopped by a device/location mismatch?

So the credentials they supplied were correct, they were just stopped by a device/location mismatch?
Thats the way I understand it yes.
I'm sure its genuine btw as I received the notification on my "recovery email" and when I logged into the web based Gmail ( I use it as POP3 normally)
there was also a warning against those 2 accounts.

Could it have been yourself/your device(s) accessing from an open wifi link or something?
I've had GMail tell me to FOAD before, then had to go and authenticate from an alternative address.

Could it have been yourself/your device(s) accessing from an open wifi link or something?
That thought crossed my mind too, as strangely I'm not normally using my phone at 4:30 am, ( the time of the attempted log in.) but that day I was.
The "Attempt" however was in / from Brum, I was I was in Cambs on my EE wifi

IP locations are often set to the ISP's regional or head office location, especially for mobile broadband.
Still the possibility it was you...

Still the possibility it was you...
I see where you are coming from on this, but the device wasn't recognised, and yet my phone was the only device on, and I've used that many times for the emails ..

Had the phone OS/browser/app updated before you got the message? That can be enough to make you unrecognisable.

Had the phone OS/browser/app updated before you got the message?
Updates? what are they? :D

Certainly not to my knowledge...

Some companies never learn!

It was only by accident that I checked my status with my current fuel provider.
Seems that my "introductory offer has now expired, as of 2 days ago, and the fact that I am now on a variable rate,
costing nearly £300 more per annum.
Tried to switch to a new tariff on line but it wasn't happening, a side note said, if you are having trouble, call us on XXXXX and we will sort it for you.

So I phoned the number and got "its a web only deal"
But say's I "it says call if you have trouble"...
But its a web only deal say's they ...

OK U-Switch, what can you offer me?
A £280 / per annum saving?
That'll do nicely ...

Good bye SSE, Hello eON ...

Had they not buggered me about, and given me the web price over the phone ( not a lot between that and the new deal), I wouldn't have bothered with U-Switch,
And stayed with SSE.

Some companies never learn :)

We signed up a while ago with Co-op energy & saved quite a few quid & fairly recently renewed telling them we were likely to be moving & wanted them to continue supplying at new addy. "No problem" said they.

Duly rang them today to notify transfer to new address.....................Advisor said there was a £30 cancelation fee :rolleyes: :mooning:

"F'coff" said I :angelic:

All sorted though ........... just ring with meter readings on day of move. :cool:

Some companies never learn!

It was only by accident that I checked my status with my current fuel provider.
Seems that my "introductory offer has now expired, as of 2 days ago, and the fact that I am now on a variable rate,
costing nearly £300 more per annum.
Tried to switch to a new tariff on line but it wasn't happening, a side note said, if you are having trouble, call us on XXXXX and we will sort it for you.

So I phoned the number and got "its a web only deal"
But say's I "it says call if you have trouble"...
But its a web only deal say's they ...

OK U-Switch, what can you offer me?
A £280 / per annum saving?
That'll do nicely ...

Had they not buggered me about, and given me the web price over the phone ( not a lot between that and the new deal), I wouldn't have bothered with U-Switch,
And stayed with SSE.

Some companies never learn :)

I had a similar experience with SSE a couple of months ago when my two year contract was coming to an end. They sent me a letter telling me this and their price for a new contract, which meant that my monthly payments would increase from the current £80/month to £126/month.

I rang them thinking that they had made a mistake in their calculations and was told, in a very much take it or leave it manner, that it was correct. I did the same as you and I now have a contact with OVO at £69/month.

A guy walks into Tesco express wearing a long dark "fluffy type" coat, and proceeds to brush all the dogs hairs off the coat, right next to the fruit a veg stand..
Seriously? wtf?...

I have watched people deliberately do stuff in order to get stuff at reduced price or free

I have watched people deliberately do stuff in order to get stuff at reduced price or free
I don't think that was his "game", he moved on to buy some "Pre-packed" stuff after de-lousing himself!

This morning, the office know-it-all came and and told a colleague that his van was parked up in the car park with the interior light on.
Said he would go and make sure it started ok
Returned a couple of minutes later and said it was fine, when asked if he'd bought it down into the yard, just walked off
Fordward a couple of hours on a cold frosty morning and the boss went off to do random check on a couple of vans, one
being said vehicle and ....................................it wouldn't start:rolleyes:
No idea on diesel Fiats but I do know that my previous volvo and my present car, don't like being started and immediately turned off
makes it a pain to start them again, and on a cold, frosty morning it wouldn't take much to kill the nattery

As a follow up, I just received a phone call from the customer service manager at SSE,
She began, you custom is important to us, please give me some feedback on how we did, with your recent phone call ..
Sure thing ... epic fail ...

Well that explains a lot! A line of cars going down a slip road to join the A11 duel [sic] carriageway, the 2 front cars were learners, the first one pushed in between two lorries, where there wasn't a gap.
WTF was the instructor thinking? Are they really teaching people to do that?

The second braked hard, when there was a gap between the traffic, to filter into, I suppose there are good and bad instructors just like every other profession,
but really? ...

Well I fell down the stairs this evening and despite my best efforts at flying I landed with a big thump at the bottom.

The worst of it is my right knee which took the full force of the fall, although I can just about walk on it I recon by tomorrow morning it is going to be very very sore and stiff :(

Well I fell down the stairs this evening and despite my best efforts at flying I landed with a big thump at the bottom.

The worst of it is my right knee which took the full force of the fall, although I can just about walk on it I recon by tomorrow morning it is going to be very very sore and stiff :(

Ouch!

Bag of frozen peas on Iit and elevate it as much as possible .....

Seems I've gained a title bugger I thought I'd flown under the radar :whistle::angelic: , anyone give me a clue

Seems I've gained a title bugger I thought I'd flown under the radar :whistle::angelic: , anyone give me a clue
I know I know ..
Ask me ..... :wave:

I won't tell you though :p

I know I know ..
Ask me ..... :wave:

I won't tell you though :p

Ok I's asking, you telling :D.................................thought not :p:dummy:

Hmmm I'l just have to beat it out of you
whip.gif

Aah, I wondered if it was short for banker :D
I've taken up sailing, and can often be heard around the staff room shouting weigh-anchor :D

1) Some may remember a little "run in" with SSE energy, hence me switching (Back) to Eon.
Phone call today from SSE wanting a convenient date / time to fit a smart meter.
Well, you can, but I've switched ( just waiting to be told when the final meter readings are due)
to eon. Would you still like to go ahead?
As predicted they declined :D

2) how is it that "These" days, when you get a puncture its always through the side wall ? ( unrepairable)
And why don't they make "Side walls" a little more durable?
( that last statement was rhetorical BTW )

Back