NWIOT.... Not Worth It's Own Thread

My nemesis of the eight legged variety is no more, after months of torment I finally plucked up the courage to dispatch it.

I still feel a little sick :puke:

I save the salad pots from the supermarket:
Spider Pot.jpg
Used with a postcard, I can capture them alive, then pop the lid on for later eviction.

Should have captured it and popped it through downstairs's letterbox!

They make lidded pots with a built-in tripod leg to take account of that concern:

They don't show the hand needed to open and close the slider though, do they? :eek: :exit:

Looks like the same gizmo I got for Dad some years ago - you turn the thing over (while pressed against the wall) and a sliding door drops down. Doesn't help when Boris is on the ceiling...

A maybe suitable property has popped up on one of my searches.

At the moment I am 10 minutes away from the center of town via bus, a few minutes bus ride from the train station and on a main bus route.

The property that has popped up is a couple of towns away, is a fairly new build property, is not really near a train station, nearest would be the town I am currently in.

It is about 5 minutes walk away from a main bus route, there doesn't appear to me much of much in the town, a Tesco express about 5 minutes bus ride away, a number of takeaways and pubs and that's about it - mind you where I am now unless you go into town there is not a lot happening here either.

The broadband in the area is supposed to be good and covered by Virgin - I do some online podcast editing and website publishing so a good broadband connection is important to me.

Something about the place is holding me back from placing a bid, it just seems to quiet with not a lot going on.

Will have to give this some more serious thought and consult with some friends for their perspective

Well I have decided make an expression of interest on the property.

Here is hoping it will be accepted

Something I discovered just the other day, BHS is back in business, as an online retailer only at the moment

Well tonight I had my first mince pie of the "season"
They are never off the list of edibles (y)

24oC driving through Cambridgeshire, a little earlier today ...crazy weather!

24oC driving through Cambridgeshire, a little earlier today ...crazy weather!

and an all day sunset light, lovely orange glow here

Like for Chris, mince pies are always in season here!

Had the orange Sun earlier but blue skies now with cloud starting to roll in from the SW. Wind veering all over the place.

Like for Chris, mince pies are always in season here!
(y)

Had the orange Sun earlier but blue skies now with cloud starting to roll in from the SW. Wind veering all over the place.
Pink sun here, briefly, for about 10 seconds then went again, the sky is starting to clear now though ..

Morrisons stock mince pies all year round.
It's only now that they're pushing them. :)

I like pasta, especially fusilli, penne, rigatoni etc... in fact every type... apart from spaghetti! I don't mind tagliatele or linguini (although not my faves) but cant stand spaghetti even though its the 'same'?

Why do people cruising at just under 60 mph, in a 60 mph limit, backed up with average speed cameras, feel the need to brake when they draw level with an overhead camera ?
It messes with my cruise control ... :(

Not forgetting of course those that go whipping by, at an estimated 70 mph, ( dual carriageway) only to brake when they see the ( 60 mph) afore mentioned average speed cameras.
Obviously they don't understand the concept of "Average speed"

Or over exaggerating speedos and the (alleged) 10% + 3 "grace" that cameras apparently allow. Interesting chatting with traffic cops about speeding and how cameras often cause more problems than they solve. Also interesting to learn that the more signage on a corner, the more problems it has caused.

Or over exaggerating speedos and the (alleged) 10% + 3 "grace" that cameras apparently allow.
I'm usually running on satellite navigation, between these camera's the speedo is showing 63 @my 60 mph, so, either way they are "pushing it"

Also interesting to learn that the more signage on a corner, the more problems it has caused.
Interesting chatting with traffic cops about speeding and how cameras often cause more problems than they solve.
I don't doubt that in the slightest ..

Or over exaggerating speedos and the (alleged) 10% + 3 "grace" that cameras apparently allow. Interesting chatting with traffic cops about speeding and how cameras often cause more problems than they solve. Also interesting to learn that the more signage on a corner, the more problems it has caused.

But they raise money which is the whole point of them!!!!

I learnt in a driving educational thing about the signage on corners ... chevrons mean there has been an accident or two, chevrons with yellow band around the edge means there has been a severe, possibly fatal, accident.

Having on more than one occasion seen the back end of a car sticking out from between the twisted remains of the corner chevron signs, that would make sense.

Why do people cruising at just under 60 mph, in a 60 mph limit, backed up with average speed cameras, feel the need to brake when they draw level with an overhead camera ?
It messes with my cruise control ... :(
Annoys me too. New cars have a radar at the front which automatically slows down or speeds up the car back to cruise control speed depending on what's happening in front.[/QUOTE]

I always thought the 10%+3mph "grace" was for police officers following behind in cars. I specifically recall someone who was snapped at 1mph over the limit.

I specifically recall someone who was snapped at 1mph over the limit.
I believe that some forces have a zero tolerance.
I've done 71 mph ( sat nav speed) 75mph ( speedo speed ) passed a Talivan and not had the dreaded notice through the post.

Avon and Somerset were reputed to have a zero tolerance policy despite the ACPO guidelines. Traffic cops generally aren't too bothered as long as you're not extracting the urine or driving badly. Not that there are many traffic officers left these days, having been redeployed as ARV or similar.

Avon and Somerset were reputed to have a zero tolerance policy despite the ACPO guidelines.
Bedfordshire police commisoner issued a statement to the press, that due to the lack of funds, they were going for zero tolerance on their stretch of the M1
Thats roughly J13- J9 I don't know if it happened or not.

Olly Martins, the Police and Crime Commissioner for the region,
said he hoped the scheme would be up and running by April next year, (2016) and would generate up to a million pounds for his cash strapped force.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ce-approach-to-speeding-on-the-motorways.html

Nope, didn't have a free hand
19200-1508606867-0acc25b88275a4ea09ddb08b7fc57c11.jpg

An item on the news this morning made me smile, the city of Honolulu has banned the use of mobile phones whilst crossing the road.

Last edited:
I think that should also be law here too, how many people have had a "near miss" when driving and a "texter" walks out in front of you?
I know I have.,,
At least they had the decency to use the "two finger" sorry when you remind them that you are there, with a swift toot on the hooter (y)

Back