Off camera handheld light

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend an off camera handheld light? I saw a photographer using one at a recent wedding during the evening reception....should of asked him but hey ho I didn't.

I've looked at the Manfrotto ML120 Pocket Light...?

Phil

Last edited:

I had similar difficulties different occasions like event photography. Even one or two
SB900 were no up to the task, My solution was the Profoto B2/ 2 heads!

I had similar difficulties different occasions like event photography. Even one or two
SB900 were no up to the task, My solution was the Profoto B2/ 2 heads!

Unfortunately they are a tad out of my price range. It won't see a great deal of use so something under £100 like the manfrotto ml120

Can anyone recommend an off camera handheld light? I saw a photographer using one at a recent wedding during the evening reception....should of asked him but hey ho I didn't.

I've looked at the Manfrotto ML120 Pocket Light...?

Phil
The Manfrotto ML120 is fine, for close up video, but is not a very powerful light. Perhaps you could expand on your requirements, i.e. exactly what you need the light for?

The Manfrotto ML120 is fine, for close up video, but is not a very powerful light. Perhaps you could expand on your requirements, i.e. exactly what you need the light for?

It's for taking along to events such as weddings. When I go as a guest I'm asked to take some snaps, for them and for my portfolio benefit. (No pro wedding photography) but I'd like a reasonable light for indoor shots such as the ceremony room, reception room, bedrooms and the pub before hand for the groom etc.

The last wedding I was at was in a converted barn and the lighting was awful. I had to crank the ISO right up and meant most images were thrown in the bin for being too noisy

Does it need to be continuous light? Why not use a speedlight off camera?

I would rather continuous light. Just for pure ease more than anything.

Hopefully not sounding stupid, how about a powerful headlamp on a universal bracket mount?

Back