Official Chester Zoo thread !

Well glad you did decide to post a couple of photos DF, they are great, love the otters expression :) Even the keepers were shocked at the sizes of the lens on show.

Some good shots everyone, come on the rest of you I want to see more.

Well I did take some photos of the animals as well as everything else, so here is one for you.

tiger25.jpg

Hope you dont mind here are some more of mine

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

Alan

Another day past by us and still someone hasn't posted any images :cautious:

and to think I was the butt of the jokes about not posting......:D

OOOh! I wonder who that can be DF? :cautious:

Anyway, good to see YOU remembered what to do with your camera this time ... some cute shots too! :)

Also tickled by Matt's 'praying otter' & Ian's very serious-looking Orangutan :LOL:

Come on Mr Charlton Show us some pics :)

Alan

The otter on the right is telling his m8 that he's just nicked Matt Charlton's CF card to prevent him from posting images. :LOL:

nicked.jpg

I posted a picture up in the other thread before ANY of you lot :p

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=350249&postcount=46

Here it is again.

20070825171451_lion2508.jpg

Its the only one I've had chance to process out of maybe 5 shots total that look any good. I'll have a look at them in a moment and try and get some more together.

I've been busy playing Bioshock and I had to work yesterday and today (today is supposed to be a BH for me too) so I'm tired. I need a holiday ;(

Another from me.

eyes.jpg

And I have just realised I could have used my Tiger shot for the comp this month. :bonk::wacky: Silly me.

Nice shots Matt m8 those bloody Red Pandas are a right pain to get a decent shot of

Alan

Thats a cracking shot of the owl sue i like it a lot

Alan

I like the natural background to the tiger.

For some reason I really struggled to get the fence to go when I was trying to get tiger shots, guess it was cos it was so close to the fence.

Some really good shots one here. Well done one and all.

Nicely exposed Red Panda Matt C, and you've managed to get it nearly on the ground.
I've just got fluff balls in the tree.

Pity about the fence on the tiger shot.
If the crop was from the left, add a bit more in.

Thanks Matt, much appreciated :)

The fence was a pita, couldn't get rid of it from any angle I could try and there were people everywhere.

This is the original.

origtiger.jpg

Couldn't decide whether to crop it or not. The more I look at the original, the more I like it.

Oooo I don't know how I missed this one originally.
There are some great shots there! But my favorites have to be :

Great otter & Orangutan Ian (y)

Alan I love the way you captured the site staff meeting Oh wait a minute I can see what it now :LOL:
Great Chimps! but it looks like that marmot is about to puke :D

What an impressive collection of pics. I suppose it's a combination of expert photographers and quality equipment.

Sorry for not posting until now, I've been staying at my girlfriends house and NO internet connection. I'm off work at the moment with a stomach bug, can't work out if it was dodgy food at the wedding reception I went to Saturday night....or a dodgy hot dog at the zoo :) Anyway it was great to meet everyone, it wasn't the best day for me photographically.... most of my shots were crap, still what's new :LOL:

zoo1tt3.jpg

zoo3kx2.jpg

zoo4zc7.jpg

zoo5fu3.jpg

zoo8sd6.jpg

Mike

Love the Tiger Shot Mike

Alan

No jealous of that tiger shot at all mike

/goes off to kick something

Well Ian, being as you brought the thread down to this level .... whose butt are we looking at on the left :LOL:

Tut! I cant believe this is the only group shot!

I didnt bring the thread down to this level lol i didnt post it originally, think by the look of the 1DS MK2 and Sigma 800 that would be Matt on the left lol

Well i couldnt easily take group shots with the 600 ;)

I don't think there were any group shots

My butt was positioned over to the right of the main group when the shutter tripped for that shot.

this was taken early on while waiting for site staff.

group.jpg

Nice to put a name to a ... err, um, butt! :LOL:

Whatever happened to Jonny?
I seem to remember he featured very heavily in last years Chester zoo pics! :naughty:

he's vanished up his own butt i think

:(

Just to continue this thread for a bit longer .....:)

Another group shot (taken with phone cam}

zoo9gx6.jpg

And this is the original Tiger shot, plus OOF fence.

zoo8fenceid9.jpg

By the way, some really great shots in this thread :clap:(y)

Mike

Back