Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

"Cracking" shot Chris, great composition, plenty of good foreground interest, lovely sky, and some fine detail.(y)

George.

Thanks George!! To be honest I'm glad I've managed to extract some detail as I've been severely struggling with processing landscapes with the X-Trans sensors its just nowhere near as straightforward as say a Nikon or Sony RAW file, its incredibly frustrating!

I finally had a chance to use my 60mm which I bought some time ago, I took some close up shots in the garden to see how it performed as a macro lens. It's a really nice lens and nowhere as slow as I'd expected after reading the reviews. In fact it's very usuable on my X pro 2.

27206111106_e50c8afc0e_o.jpg 26964872100_ac3e59d16f_o (1).jpg 26965292680_74ba63c4ed_o.jpg 26965484170_876f27482a_o.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up a 50-140 as a swap for not a lot of money, and this is one of my first shots with it. Boy, that lens is sharp!

This is Mistletoe, our rescue Jack Russell who is due to appear in the next series of Dog Rescuers on Channel 5.

Mistletoe by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Just picked up a 50-140 as a swap for not a lot of money, and this is one of my first shots with it. Boy, that lens is sharp!

This is Mistletoe, our rescue Jack Russell who is due to appear in the next series of Dog Rescuers on Channel 5.

Mistletoe by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

With the appearance fee you'll be able to add the 100-400mm to your collection :rolleyes:

How do you find the 50-140 ? it's a big beast isn't it ? I keep meaning to go down to Calumet and try one, but to be honest I think the FL is a bit short for what I'd want it for i.e rugby games.

How do you find the 50-140 ? it's a big beast isn't it ? I keep meaning to go down to Calumet and try one, but to be honest I think the FL is a bit short for what I'd want it for i.e rugby games.
Yes, it is big, but the IS and accuracy/speed of focus do make up for it. You can always add the 1.4 or 2x converter for extra length, although 140mm is adequate for my needs.

Thanks guys, loving this camera, also enjoying tthe fact that I seem to be able to get away with just minimal tweaking of JPEG's using Snapseed rather than processing all of the RAW files (something I'm still struggling with a little), I probably wouldn't print anything that I hadn't processed from RAW as I believe it still gives a better rendering of some items like foliage than straight JPEG does but for most things I'm able to get much closer to what I want in camera, that EVF helps!!!!

Decided to keep the 16mm, was on the camera 90% of the time at the weekend and is actually a brilliant focal length for the type of landscaping I do, actually quite tempted to pickup another X-Pro 2 with the half price 35mm offer.... a 16/35 combo would cover off most stuff for me but I really would prefer 2x bodies, I don't like changing primes when I'm "in the field" (or in a field!)

I don't like changing primes when I'm "in the field" (or in a field!)

I suppose I may just be lucky but if that's the case it must be luck that's lasted years as I do multiple lens changes anywhere... on the beach, amongst the trees, walking down the road... anywhere. I just take normal precautions like turning away from any wind and pointing the camera down.

I suppose I may just be lucky but if that's the case it must be luck that's lasted years as I do multiple lens changes anywhere... on the beach, amongst the trees, walking down the road... anywhere. I just take normal precautions like turning away from any wind and pointing the camera down.

Good for you. I just find dust builds up much quicker the more I change the lenses!

Good for you. I just find dust builds up much quicker the more I change the lenses!

I always check my cameras at min aperture (f22 or whatever) before I put them away and there's rarely even a hint of a bunny and in fact I can't remember the last time I did a wet clean. Buying or taking additional cameras with different lenses because of a reluctance to change lenses just seems a bit of a shame to me.

I always check my cameras at min aperture (f22 or whatever) before I put them away and there's rarely even a hint of a bunny and in fact I can't remember the last time I did a wet clean. Buying or taking additional cameras with different lenses because of a reluctance to change lenses just seems a bit of a shame to me.

Its not soley because of that, I've been thinking for a while that a 2x camera setup would suit me better than a large zoom (16-55), previously I'd have bought an X100T but in my opinion the X-Pro 2 is so far ahead of the other X-bodies right now that its not worth adding a second body thats not the same, once the XT2 comes out that would be an option but I'd be surprised to see that before September (in the shops)

Lovely shot Colin, liking this one very much.(y)

George.

Thanks George, I dug out my old Minolta 50mm macro and took it for a spin yesterday as I was thinking of selling it. A few shots have made me think I'll maybe just keep hold of it.

Like the picture, Had a wine, or three, notice the exif exposure says 6.5 but, unless its the red wine, does not look as though its a long exposure?

Yeah the 6.5s is correct, I was trying out some circular ND/CPL filters I'd bought (Firecrest) which are very good, albeit it was relatively calm on the water!
Finding that its handy to have a couple of screw in filters (with a step-down ring) as its more compact than taking the square filters/holder, etc all of the time!

Yeah the 6.5s is correct, I was trying out some circular ND/CPL filters I'd bought (Firecrest) which are very good, albeit it was relatively calm on the water!
Finding that its handy to have a couple of screw in filters (with a step-down ring) as its more compact than taking the square filters/holder, etc all of the time!
Thanks for that, must have been a calm day

Batch of X-Pro2 bodies on the refurb store, listed at £1200 so that's £1080 if the usual code works..

Back