Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

Just been reading in a Fuji forum that the Nissin i40 no longer works in TTL or HSS with the X pro2 after the firmware update. Apparently there is a firmware update available for the XT2 at a cost of £20. Guess they are going to have to rewrite the Nissin firmware for the X pro2 now as well. Was just looking at one of these :(

The UK Nissin distributor will do the X-T2 firmware update for £20 but Nissin has not supplied the update for the X-Pro2. It may be the case that the update for the X-T2 works with the X-Pro2, but at the moment Nissin has not made it possible to use the i40 with the X-Pro2.

Just been reading in a Fuji forum that the Nissin i40 no longer works in TTL or HSS with the X pro2 after the firmware update. Apparently there is a firmware update available for the XT2 at a cost of £20. Guess they are going to have to rewrite the Nissin firmware for the X pro2 now as well. Was just looking at one of these :(

Is it not a bit rich charging for it ? If it were a Fuji branded flash the firmware update would be free !

FWIW my Meike flash still works TTL after the Fuji update (but it never did offer HSS), but the display of the ISO is a bit flakey on the flash head (ie if the camera is set too auto ISO 200-12800 the flash just displays 12800 a lot of the time, even if th camera is shooting at 200)

But it still works TTL

Fuji have had some stick in certain quarters of the internet for the Nissin HSS problem, but for my 2 pennies; on the one hand it's Nissin's job to support the bodies their products are supposed to work with, but more generically, Fuji have lacked a HSS solution for X-bodies for too long, and it's not surprising that 3rd parties have risen to fill that void. That the Fuji HSS flash has not come to the market yet doesn't help matters

In short I can see both sides... it's easy and ultimately correct to say 'why should Fuji support Nissin' but equally with all the spiel about professional use of the X system, it's also valid to say "Fuji, dude where's my OEM HSS flash"

the cactus flash system are doing a free firmware beta at the moment as that too was disabled after the fw update. seems to work with hss ok.

Is this with the cactus V6 or the V6 ll triggers ?

With the v6ii trigger.
Cheers for that I have been thinking of purchasing some to use with my Fooj but might hold out a little longer.
I'm selling some gear but unsure what else to get XP2 or XT2 body or go for the XF 50-140mm ?

Cheers for that I have been thinking of purchasing some to use with my Fooj but might hold out a little longer.
I'm selling some gear but unsure what else to get XP2 or XT2 body or go for the XF 50-140mm ?

The 50-140 is a stunning lens if you think you'll use it!

The 50-140 is a stunning lens if you think you'll use it!
Yes I've been looking for a while TBH.
I purchased a bag full of new primes but short of using a tripod for everything I shoot barring flash of course I'm needing OIS !
And I can't see Fuji ever releasing a X body with IBIS

Went for a day out yesterday, with the X-Pro2 and a bag full of primes

I think my best shot of the day was the one taken whilst waiting for my train before I'd even left town :)

A Journey Begins by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Very nice shot Adam, great comp', well exposed with some nice light, and a good mono presentation.(y)

George.

@chrism_scotland I know that feeling which I had about the Fuji X100 some time ago. Maybe instead of the 23/1.4 you should think about an X100t (or it's newer version hopefully in some time) as a second camera, it has the same gens as the X-Pro2 :)

@chrism_scotland I know that feeling which I had about the Fuji X100 some time ago. Maybe instead of the 23/1.4 you should think about an X100t (or it's newer version hopefully in some time) as a second camera, it has the same gens as the X-Pro2 :)

I think once theres a new one a X100 with the 24mp sensor will be my everyday bag cam

I think once theres a new one a X100 with the 24mp sensor will be my everyday bag cam

The problem is that once you've had the 23mm f1.4 going back to an X100 is difficult (I know I have both), the XF23mm is as sharp at f2 as the X100 is anywhere!!!!

I do still take out the X100 sometimes, like a classic car, it needs a run every now and again.

I was always satisfied by the sharpness of the X100 lens, at the old 12 MP sensor at least. Also the X100 lens has a special character that i really like. But maybe Fuji will bring a new lens with the 24 MP sensor anyway.

About the flash situation with X-Pro2/X-T2:
It's certain that the firmware change was necessary for the new flash. I read in a German Fuji forum from an usually quite good informed member that the flash should ship in November, also it is already available for pre-order in some stores. So far I am using the Cactus V6II trigger an there flashes too, HSS is working fine with the new beta firmware. Since the Fuji flash will be quite expensive and I am not using flash that often I will propably go for the new Metz M400 which should also be available by the end of November, though it will not have any HSS support at first but I hope they will add it later with a firmware upgrade (can be applied via USB interface).

Here is some interesting article about the new X-Pro2 firmware by the way, contains also some information about the current flash situation: https://fuji-x-secrets.net/2016/10/26/fujifilm-x-pro2-using-firmware-2-00/

A few weeks ago a few friends and I went to Hamburg for a short photo trip. I used mainly the X-Pro2 with a small set of lenses (14, 23, 35, 90), you can find the album with full resolution images here (all edited in camera with small additional changes in Darktable). Here is one picture I like in particular:

29_hamburg_2016
by madSec, on Flickr

Back