Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

I can't see why they continue to refer to the X PRO2 and being a "snapshot camera" !

From their announcement today of the graphite silver edition,

"By increasing the amount of black pigment component of the top coating compared to the graphite silver of the current model, the camera achieves a more rich metallic texture to match the X-Pro2, a camera optimal for snapshots."

https://fujilove.com/fujifilm-launc...-edition/?mc_cid=da77c6fc3d&mc_eid=f02353ada2
Probably a miss-translation. I suspect the intended meaning was that the camera was ideal for grabbed shots, ie street or candid photos.

True but the black still pegs it for me. I'll be ensuring a black XT2 makes its way to my kit bag.. I don't see the fascination with the silver bodies when the lenses are all still black (bar the cheap xc) and speaking of the XC, why would you want the cheap lens colour association with an expensive set of bodies? Obviously that's my view/take on the colour schemes and I appreciate others do prefer silver.
Well, they're not all silver so I'm not sure you really NEED a Graphite/Silver lens to match the body. Black would go just fine.

I'm sure the XF 35mm f2 comes in silver too, doesn't it? Regardless, it's not graphite so would look worse than black. IMO of course.

I prefer the functionality of the T2, but the PRO2 is a damn fine looking camera.

You lot do know where "Snap Shot" came from?

This is not a derogatory term and is describing a shot taken quickly, a gab shot...

You lot do know where "Snap Shot" came from?

This is not a derogatory term and is describing a shot taken quickly, a gab shot...
It isn't very hipster though to say grab shot for something like "street" when your holding your fine Fuji range finder whilst having it dangle suggestively off ones wrist whilst propping yourself up on a wall or remote park bench. A snapshot #lomography #love #friends #4eva is far more cool and hip for the trendy folk #trend #2k17.

Anyway, absolute nonesense aside.. the colours will no doubt appeal to those who reminicse of times of old with their lust for contax and other gun metal or titanium film range finders with prime lens. I too have had a listing over a G1 but can't bring myself to it given I have an XPro2 and films will be heavily wasted in my incompetent and mostly useless hands. Perhaps that's the aim? An alternative to a Leica that doesn't break the bank? It may seem odd but the colour does give the camera a little more of a classy look somehow.. perhaps it's just the photo? Who knows.. I still prefer black. All the contradictions! :)

The colour thing is of course completely a matter of taste. I think the new pro 2 looks lovely.
Choice is never a bad thing.

I can't see why they continue to refer to the X PRO2 and being a "snapshot camera" !

From their announcement today of the graphite silver edition,

"By increasing the amount of black pigment component of the top coating compared to the graphite silver of the current model, the camera achieves a more rich metallic texture to match the X-Pro2, a camera optimal for snapshots."

https://fujilove.com/fujifilm-launc...-edition/?mc_cid=da77c6fc3d&mc_eid=f02353ada2

Relax!

That's a 3rd party site reporting the release! The actual press release from Fujifilm reads far more faltteringly !!

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n170105_02.html

The X-Pro2 is released in March, 2016 as the flagship model of an X Series, the lineup achieving outstanding image quality with Fujifilm's proprietary color reproduction technology. With the world's one and only Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder enabling to instantly switch between the optical viewfinder and electronic viewfinder, the X-Pro2 also features the 24.3MP X-Trans™ CMOS III sensor*, achieves super high image quality that exceeds what is normally expected from an APS-C sized sensor. Thanks to its long list of features, such as its classical camera design and quiet shutter sound, the X-Pro2 rates highly among professional photographers specifically in the documentary and reportage fields, as well as snapshot photography enthusiasts.

Edit:

It would read better without the word snap shot in it though!

Last edited:
Fujis is even less flattering. It reads that if you buy this colour you'll be proud to own the camera. So black doesn't make you proud? Neither make me proud if I'm honest and I've never understood the concept of why material possession would ever make one proud but each to their own I guess.

Still prefer the black :)

Okay, I admit it. I'm slightly lusting after an X-Pro 2 right now.

I currently use an X-T10 and as far as I can see, would only potentially miss the tilty screen.

Has anyone else made the jump from X-T10 or X-T1 to X-pro 2? What have you liked / missed since?

I currently use an X-T10 and as far as I can see, would only potentially miss the tilty screen.

Has anyone else made the jump from X-T10 or X-T1 to X-pro 2? What have you liked / missed since?

I've had all 3 and have a pro 2 for sale in the classifieds.

If you use a tilting screen a lot then you probably will miss it. Howver, the build quality of this camera is second to none. And the joystick for focus selection is a massive bonus. As a glasses wearer I'd prefer if there was an option for an extended eye cup, but then that would probably spoil the look of this camera.

My personal choice of camera would be the X-Pro2 with a tilting screen. I do prefer the rangefinder style of the Pro. I stuck with the Pro2 for quite a few months but even though I only use a tilt screen on occasions it was annoying not to have it and unfortunately the remote phone app is too much of a faff to replace it for me.

Tape down your t10 screen and see if you can live without it without missing any shots you potentially would have taken and you then have your answer. If you miss shots then the T2 is where you need to look (or maybe the X-T20) If you haven't missed any then the X-Pro2 will give you the (IMO) better looking set up.

I had both a XT1 and XP1 and sold both to (not cover the cost of) get(ting) a XP2

But for me, I realised that that I hardly used the XT1, nearly always going for the XP1, so it was an easy choice

I occasionally miss the tilting screen (of the Xt1) but I love the OVF

And I think that's the salient thing IMO (YMMV)

You buy a X-Pro cos you want a OVF, and accept that although it has decent AF and a reasonable EVF, it's the OVF that's the USP

If you're a big EVF fan then I think you're better served by the XT2

I think of my XP2 as all the bits I liked on both my XP1 and XT1 in the same camera (minus a tilting screen)

Saw the Grey/Gunmetal version in the flesh today, quite dark when compared to the graphite X-T2 that was next to it

Also saw the medium format GFX, not as big as I expected, but the lenses certainly are

Saw the Grey/Gunmetal version in the flesh today, quite dark when compared to the graphite X-T2 that was next to it

Also saw the medium format GFX, not as big as I expected, but the lenses certainly are
Please don't, my GAS is almost in check, I don't need any mention of GM XP2's or GFX's o_O

My 2017 photographic resolution is "street portraits"

Here's some of my efforts so far!

A Life Lived by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Watching the World Roll By by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

The Happy Fisherman by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

The Ghost by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

I'm finding the X-Pro2 pretty good for this, as people are quite curious about it, and it seems less intimidating than a DSLR shaped camera!

If anyone's especially curious, I have an album of these on Flickr!

These are all excellent, particular the 2nd one.

Does anyone know if you can overlay a histogram on the OVF?
I'm sure you can. I think it's displayed when you cycle through the display mode button while the OVF is on, but I no longer have the Pro2 so I can't give precise details.

Would you mind saying why you don't have it anymore?[emoji1]
Went to an X-T2 when that came out because of the tilty screen, plus I hardly used the OVF. However, I've recently also (re)bought an X-Pro1 which I'm really having fun with. I'm contrary!

Back