Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

Just a heads-up. If any Pro2 owner is thinking the T2 might suit them better, I’ve got an ad in the Classifieds looking for a swapsy ... ;)

Just a heads-up. If any Pro2 owner is thinking the T2 might suit them better, I’ve got an ad in the Classifieds looking for a swapsy ... ;)

I sold my XP2 as I felt that my X100F gave me a very similar user experience (soul). I bought a cheap XT1 to use with my zoom lenses as the EVF was more suited to zooms than that of the XP2. Are you sure about this Stephen? The XT cameras also have a very useful flippy screen.

One thing I’d say about the pro 2 is the build quality feels like a step up, especially with the metal grip attached. Right down to the buttons, it feels like a really solid, well built camera.

I sold my XP2 as I felt that my X100F gave me a very similar user experience (soul). I bought a cheap XT1 to use with my zoom lenses as the EVF was more suited to zooms than that of the XP2. Are you sure about this Stephen? The XT cameras also have a very useful flippy screen.
No, I’m not sure! It was fuelled by the realisation that I’ve not used my T2 since the arrival of the F. I have put this down to the fact that I am missing the tactility of the pseudo-rangefinder, despite the advantages you point out.

No, I’m not sure! It was fuelled by the realisation that I’ve not used my T2 since the arrival of the F. I have put this down to the fact that I am missing the tactility of the pseudo-rangefinder, despite the advantages you point out.
Hi Stephen it’s me Mark the XPro2 chap!
I use my F in conjunction with the Xpro 2 and they are great together

Hi Mark. Yes, that’s what I’ve come to realise! Doesn’t make it any easier!
I've now decided, since I was so undecided, to keep my X-T2 for now and persevere with it. It really needs more outings but the X100F plus converters does so much of what I want!

As an owner up until recently of 2x XT2, and Xpro2 and an X100F all I can say is I have lean towards Stephen on this.. I sold both of my XT2 bodies and a couple of my zooms and left myself with the 10-24 and a bunch of primes. I couldn’t be happier and with the last xpro2 firmware (although buggy) it is a dream to use and I don’t mind the XT2s one bit.

The XT2 is a great bit of kit but the Pro just feels better built and has a character no other body can really match.

All my opinion but if I’m thinking this way I am sure there are others feeling like that too!

As an owner up until recently of 2x XT2, and Xpro2 and an X100F all I can say is I have lean towards Stephen on this.. I sold both of my XT2 bodies and a couple of my zooms and left myself with the 10-24 and a bunch of primes. I couldn’t be happier and with the last xpro2 firmware (although buggy) it is a dream to use and I don’t mind the XT2s one bit.

The XT2 is a great bit of kit but the Pro just feels better built and has a character no other body can really match.

All my opinion but if I’m thinking this way I am sure there are others feeling like that too!

Interesting, but why did you need 4 bodies?

Interesting, but why did you need 4 bodies?
I’ve had as many as 11 bodies before!

I had the XT2 with an 18-135 attached, I had another with the 10-24 attached. It was easier and quicker to just swap the pairs out rather than risking getting rain all over the sensors.

As for the pro2, that wears any prime I fancy at the time and I’ll shoot solely with that prime for the day which makes you think about composition etc a lot more when your limited. The x100F is just a smaller xpro2 with a 23mm attached that’s all. 23mm is my most used focus length and as a result the x100f literally goes everywhere with me. If I find somewhere I really like and want to spend more time there, I’ll go back with the pro2.

I don’t need the XT2s so I got rid of them as the pro will do the job just as well even if it means messing with glass a little more. Can’t argue with the £2400 back in the pocket either!

I've had my XT-2 for a year now with the 10-24, 16-55 and the 50-140. Enjoyed the experience, but I am hoping to trade my XT-2 for an X-Pro 2 to use my primes with.

I've had my XT-2 for a year now with the 10-24, 16-55 and the 50-140. Enjoyed the experience, but I am hoping to trade my XT-2 for an X-Pro 2 to use my primes with.
I have/had been thinking along those lines too...

Yeah I'm also thinking of selling my X-T2 as I rarely use it. My X-Pro 2 is for me the perfect camera. I got my X-T2 out today to take some photos and post it on the classifieds, but I shot a few photos of the dogs and realised what a nice camera it is. I'm not sure I want to sell it, it seems criminal to have it and not use it though. Decisions, decisions !!!

Exactly what I did but keep the 10-24!!

I have/had been thinking along those lines too...

You’ll not regret i. There’s a bump in IQ, a more structured approach to photography due to having fixed focal lengths and the pro is a tank compared to the XT which is as we all know built brilliantly!

I agree with that primes are noticeably better in the iq department, but the disadvantage over zooms is the chance of getting dust on the sensor swapping lenses, I got some dust on my sensor on my XP2 on holiday in lanzarote, I managed to dislodge it with a rocket blower.

Oh dear. Been out with my chum Rod this morning, He has an X-Pro 2. We swapped cameras for an hour. I couldn't get on with it. My zooms felt too front heavy and the viewfinder refresh was much slower. I also missed the ISO and the mode dials. It just didn't feel right. Back to the XT-2 for me.

Oh dear. Been out with my chum Rod this morning, He has an X-Pro 2. We swapped cameras for an hour. I couldn't get on with it. My zooms felt too front heavy and the viewfinder refresh was much slower. I also missed the ISO and the mode dials. It just didn't feel right. Back to the XT-2 for me.
Not for everybody. When I had one the zooms were fine, but then the only heavy zoom I have owned was the 50-140. I did not notice any issue with the viewfinder, but then again I only shoot landscapes. Since my main camera is the X100F, I might as well keep the X-T2 rather than get another Pro2 - it's used so infrequently. But for those infrequent uses an interchangeable lens camera is indispensable.

The Pro 2 is a match made in heaven for primes, especially the amazing 23 1.4. I previously owned the 24-70 Nikon which I always thought was the best lens ever made but I could never get images as sharp as I do with fuji and primes. Absolutely love this camera but sadly mine is back at Fuji as I lost the eyecup, to be fair though it is well out of warranty and they said just mark it as in warranty and there will be no cost for replacement! Can't moan about that :)

The Pro 2 is a match made in heaven for primes, especially the amazing 23 1.4. I previously owned the 24-70 Nikon which I always thought was the best lens ever made but I could never get images as sharp as I do with fuji and primes. Absolutely love this camera but sadly mine is back at Fuji as I lost the eyecup, to be fair though it is well out of warranty and they said just mark it as in warranty and there will be no cost for replacement! Can't moan about that :)

Couldn't they have just sent one out, they only push in, my one came off, but luckily found it in the bag.
Thinking of getting a couple of these as spares https://smile.amazon.co.uk/JJC-Sili...8&qid=1516777519&sr=8-1&keywords=xpro2+eyecup

Watch out for the cap that covers the synch jack on the side, it only pushes in and has a habit of falling out, not the same as those from the T1 and T2

X-Pro2 and 35 f/2 arrived this morning. I’d forgotten just how lush that shutter sound sounds :banana:

A positive result in my book Sir, "ENJOY".(y)

George.

Couldn't they have just sent one out, they only push in, my one came off, but luckily found it in the bag.
Thinking of getting a couple of these as spares https://smile.amazon.co.uk/JJC-Sili...8&qid=1516777519&sr=8-1&keywords=xpro2+eyecup

Watch out for the cap that covers the synch jack on the side, it only pushes in and has a habit of falling out, not the same as those from the T1 and T2

They insist on repairing it themselves due to it being part of the weather proofing. I already had a pack of the JJC eyecups in case this happened and they are totally useless unless glued in. They do not feel substantial and drop out very easily.

They insist on repairing it themselves due to it being part of the weather proofing. I already had a pack of the JJC eyecups in case this happened and they are totally useless unless glued in. They do not feel substantial and drop out very easily.
Agreed. I had them when my eyecup came off when I owned the Pro2. Fuji gladly repaired it and returned within the week FOC.

Back