Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

I wasn’t too fond of the leather case either so swapped it out for the Fuji grip, the additional control you get from it once you have some of the heavier glass attached (56mm, 90mm etc) is a welcome improvement for handling and it blends really well with the body too. It may be worth giving that a whirl?

Yes I’m thinking to sell and pick up a used grip or 3rd party one. Makes the camera feel really solid too

I have the Fuji grip and yes it does make a difference to the handling, have one on my X-E2 as well.

@addicknchips Think I have a third party one somewhere, if you want to give it a go bung a wanted thread on and tag me in
Yours for the price of postage, think its a L plate with grip, just need to locate it to be sure

Last edited:
I have the Fuji grip and yes it does make a difference to the handling, have one on my X-E2 as well.

@addicknchips Think I have a third party one somewhere, if you want to give it a go bung a wanted thread on and tag me in
Yours for the price of postage, think its a L plate with grip, just need to locate it to be sure

That would be amazing! Thank you :woot:

Sorry, it' only the L Plate, grip one is for a XE2, sorry about that, welcome to the L Plate though

Thanks!

I have the 50mm F2, hopefully the 23mm F2 will land today and I’m about to complete a deal off the classified on here for the 35mm F2.

So the plan will be to keep the Pro-2 with the 23mm, my X-T2 will keep the 50mm on and I’ll be putting the 35mm on my X-E2S.

I did have the 23 F1.4 and the 56 F1.2 and an X100T but have moved them all on and the funds have helped me to purchase the above 3 lenses (used) and some cash to go towards buying the Pro-2.

Thanks!

I have the 50mm F2, hopefully the 23mm F2 will land today and I’ve just done a deal off the classified on here for the 35mm F2.

So the plan will be to keep the Pro-2 with the 23mm, my X-T2 will keep the 50mm on and I’ll be putting the 35mm on my X-E2S.

I did have the 23 F1.4 and the 56 F1.2 and an X100T but have moved them all on and the funds have helped me to purchase the above 3 lenses (used) and some cash to go towards buying the Pro-2.
I have a great 90 and 14 for sale on classifieds!

Thanks!

I have the 50mm F2, hopefully the 23mm F2 will land today and I’m about to complete a deal off the classified on here for the 35mm F2.

nice set up there. i got the 23mm f2 with the camera. didnt think i'd like it much but its very snappy.

@UKmitch86 cheers mate........but budgets well and truly blown!

The Mrs can’t keep up anymore with all the swooping, buying and selling........but I’m struggling with wardrobe space.....what, with all her shoes, clothes, handbags and jewellery!

Last edited:
Whats with all the renewed enthusiasm for the Pro2, thought it was forgotten when the T2 came out.

Be interested to know how many of you use the ovf, have to say I only very rarely prefer it to the electronic version

Whats with all the renewed enthusiasm for the Pro2, thought it was forgotten when the T2 came out.

Be interested to know how many of you use the ovf, have to say I only very rarely prefer it to the electronic version

well i just bought one so trying to get the thread going. i never use the ovf

I like the ovf. Depends a bit on the lens.

FWIW 99% of the time I have the camera on manual focus

I use the evf to set focus and exposure, then swap to the ovf to shoot.

If I’m somewhere where the light is constant and using a deep DOF then I might not need the evf after initial focus/exposure for many shots

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/fw_table.html

X-Pro2 Ver.4.00
  • Addition of 4K video mode
  • New AF tracking algorithm for moving subject
  • Support "FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO"
  • Improve radio flash controller usability
icn_new_01.png

Dec 22 2017

4K woo! Barely used but superb that it now has it and with the Fuji profiles too! No idea if it’s 6k readout with 1.17x crop the same as the xt2 or if it is line skip like the xt20 but it’s a welcome addition for me that’s for sure!

More info

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-releases-x-pro2-kaizen-firmware-update/

Last edited:
All I can say is..

I’ve just got a new camera! It’s an full on XT2 but with heaps of charisma and a build quality that puts other Fuji bodies to shame. There’s a reason it’s called the “pro” and now it can wear the name proudly without even a snip of shadow from the XT2.

Happy man!

Awesome camera. Does make me wonder why the x-t2 always gets the firmware updates in advance

Just upgraded my F/W, now here's the thing, I've never used video on my XP2, how do I shoot video ? It's not in the drive menu

Bit of a faff, but I re-assigned button on the viewfinder lever to video. 4K video looks fine, I'll get the camera outdoors tomorrow in the daylight (gloom light more like) and see how it looks.

I never lost my enthusiasm for the XP2 imo it’s tge nicest camera I’ve ever owned. It’s a lovely thing, it feels great in the hands, looks fantastic and is capable of taking great photos.
I’ve had an X-T2 since it came out, I think I’ve put a max of 300 shots on it, it just doesn’t get used. The XP2 is my go to camera.

Back