Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

They're starting up professional services in Japan in April with other regions to follow. That's big news IMO.

Will the autofocus and high ISO performance be good enough for weddings? That was my issue with my dabble with the XT1

X-T1 more than capable for weddings in my opinion. Plenty of pros now using them, I shot my first wedding with 2 of them in the summer, didn't miss any shots due to the camera and high ISO is superb.

The lenses are more critical, the new ones are very quick, the old ones (18, 35, 60 etc)....not so much.

This could be the camera that moves me to mirrorless.

The A6100 will also be worth a look, rumoured specs look pretty crazy. The A6000 AF is already the best in mirrorless (ime) so the A6100 will be a notch up.

IBIS
36MP BSI sensor
Silent Shutter
Touch Screen / probably flippy flappy

Exciting times, now wheres my D750 update!

Last edited:
DP Review are not completely sold on it......

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/retro-through-and-through-fujifilm-x-pro2-first-impressions-review

Summary seems to doubt if there is room for this and the X-T range at the same time.

That seems to be the opposite of how I've read it "So, is there room in the market for both the X-Pro2 and the X-T series? I think there is. In slightly simplistic terms, the X-T1 works in the same way whatever lens you put on it, whereas the X-Pro2 is at its best with a short prime lenses."

Seems its aimed at exactly those who are likely to want to buy it, those that want to use it like a rangefinder with prime lenses and the XT2 will come along later for everyone else!

Indeed, X-Pro for primes, X-T for everything including that rather tasty 100-400 also announced.

Might get one in four years time when they are selling them off cheaply, but not for me at this juncture.

There's a ton of first thought videos and blog posts popping up now.

It looks like a really solid upgrade from Fuji and I'm over the moon they stayed true to the original. Want.

The A6100 will also be worth a look, rumoured specs look pretty crazy. The A6000 AF is already the best in mirrorless (ime) so the A6100 will be a notch up.

IBIS
36MP BSI sensor
Silent Shutter
Touch Screen / probably flippy flappy

Exciting times, now wheres my D750 update!
I discounted the A6000 because of the limited lineup of Sony lenses.

Very pleasantly surprised at the price of this, I was expecting closer to £2k than one. They seem to have ironed out most of the issues that some used to gripe about. It will have to wait until the price comes down a little (because it will) but that will give us the chance to fill up on the wr lenses.

Very pleasantly surprised at the price of this, I was expecting closer to £2k than one. They seem to have ironed out most of the issues that some used to gripe about. It will have to wait until the price comes down a little (because it will) but that will give us the chance to fill up on the wr lenses.

That's what I m doing, building my line up of Fuji lenses then updating the camera body. I m sure the XT-2 will be better

I discounted the A6000 because of the limited lineup of Sony lenses.

Not so bad anymore, you can also use the FE lenses, theres also Zeiss.

Sony 16 2.8 pancake
Zeiss Batis 18 2.8
Sony 20 2.8 pancake
Zeiss Loxia 21 2.8
Zeiss Batis 25 f2
Sony 28 f2
Zeiss 35 1.4
Zeiss Loxia 35 2
Zeiss 35 2.8
Sony 35 1.8 OSS
Sony 50 1.8 OSS
Zeiss Loxia 50 2
Zeiss 55 1.8
Zeiss Batis 85 1.8
Sony 90 f2

Plus all the 3rd party stuff and adapted legacy, also Sony LAEA adapters and the zoom range. Some are pretty pricey but I think they are quite well covered.

Last edited:

I'm a Sony shooter but I think Fuji would have shot themselves in the foot if they released it around £2k. Even though the Fuji lenses are very good and from the few articles I've read, the XPro2 looks very good too but you can buy a Full Frame A7 (Mark 1) brand new for less than £800 so Fuji have to be realistic for a crop sensor.

Last edited:
I'm a Sony shooter but I think Fuji would have shot themselves in the foot if they released it around £2k. Even though the Fuji lenses are very good and from the few articles I've read it, the XPro2 looks very good too but you can buy a Full Frame A7 (Mark 1) brand new for less than £800 so Fuji have to be realistic for a crop sensor.

Without wishing to reignite 'that' debate I suspect that with advances there will soon not be too much to debate and for most of us there is no longer much of a debate to be had.

Without wishing to reignite 'that' debate I suspect that with advances there will soon not be too much to debate and for most of us there is no longer much of a debate to be had.

As APSC advancements are made so are FF, same gen smaller sensor wont match same gen and most of the time previous gen FF. Depends on wether that matters to the user or not.

I should have said, I shoot Sony crop and agree that there is getting less and less between them and FF but from a marketing and price perspective, bigger is seen as better.

Not so bad anymore, you can also use the FE lenses, theres also Zeiss.

Sony 16 2.8 pancake
Zeiss Batis 18 2.8
Sony 20 2.8 pancake
Zeiss Loxia 21 2.8
Zeiss Batis 25 f2
Sony 28 f2
Zeiss 35 1.4
Zeiss Loxia 35 2
Zeiss 35 2.8
Sony 35 1.8 OSS
Sony 50 1.8 OSS
Zeiss Loxia 50 2
Zeiss 55 1.8
Zeiss Batis 85 1.8
Sony 90 f2

Plus all the 3rd party stuff and adapted legacy, also Sony LAEA adapters and the zoom range. Some are pretty pricey but I think they are quite well covered.

The biggest problem is that if I put the two cameras side-by-side I'm going to be excited about picking up the Fuji rather than the Sony.

It will drop in price fairly quickly I think.
After the initial rush of the early takers, the offers will start coming.
I bought my X Pro-1 and got a free lens (35mm f1.4) soon after launch.
That may have been to tempt people over of course. There is a much bigger base of Fuji shooters now.
For what I use my Pro1 for, (travel/walkabout) I won't be adding the Pro2 to my bag.
Does look good though.

The biggest problem is that if I put the two cameras side-by-side I'm going to be excited about picking up the Fuji rather than the Sony.

I have to agree with that, I just sold my A7ii to get some cash but by Feb I will be in a position to pick something up again and frankly I think its going to be this, really enjoyed the XP1 and XT1 but found the 16mp a bit limiting, with 24mp and all the other new bits this looks like being a great bit of kit, this and an XT2 later in the year would be a nice combo!....

Id bet theres a big chance this is using Sonys current 24mp sensor thats in the A6000 but with the X trans colour array filter.

I'll post here what I posted on the f16.click site:

After reading this review it's certainly tempting to grab the X-Pro2.... but then again I bought my X-Pro1 for £699 with 2 lenses and the leather case, I've since sold the two lenses so the body & case only really cost me £350, I later picked up a grip from eBay for around £25, the 16mm 1.4, 23mm 1.4, & 35mm 1.4.

It looks like the Pro2 is retailing at £1,350 with used Pro1 bodies going for peanuts (£200-£250). Personally I also just picked up a mint full frame RX1R & EVF for £1,250....

I think most people would be far better served getting / keeping the Pro1 and investing the money instead in additional lenses, or something fun like say the RX1R, maybe an A7 + some legacy glass, etc. Hell get a 2nd hand Hasselblad XPan!

It doesn't mean I don't WANT one, just that at this price it really isn't worth it to me. Maybe if it was round the £800 mark I'd sell the Pro1 and make up the difference.

TL;DR : Too expensive, while I wish my Pro1 was the Pro2, I haven't missed any shots with the Pro1 to date.

Back