Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

The camera's getting closer! According to the couriers it's scheduled to be delivered between 10:08 and 11:08!!
I wish they'd hurry up ! I want to hear some "real" user experiences before I take the plunge :eek: I've decided to hold on to my XP1 as the prices offered for them are ridiculous, it's still a great camera.

It's here! It was actually here 4 minutes before time but the driver couldn't leave it straight away as it was a timed delivery and they are not able to scan the parcel early. His next drop was 78 parcels for the crematorium ... A quick cup of tea, then I suppose I'd better open the box and see if it actually looks like a camera. Hope he gave me the right box?

First impressions are even more positive than the quick handling I gave the pre-production model on Saturday. The controls are tighter and smoother, the AFL button is slightly more raised, and it sits so well in the hand. It's really well engineered. Even better than the X-T1, which may well end up getting sold. Focussing with the lenses I've tried so far is very, very quick, Even the 60mm. Formatting the cards is slower than the T1, and as I'm using it for raw in slot 1 and jpeg in slot 2, I have to remember to do both. I've put a Sandisk Extreme 64Gb SDXC1 64Gb in slot 1, and the same but 32Gb in slot 2. For my use I don't see much point in buying UHS2 cards, not till the price drops. I'll probably go out down the bottom of the neighbour's garden this afternoon to try it out, though it's a bit difficult with a lively terrier tugging at her lead.

Formatting the cards is slower than the T1, and as I'm using it for raw in slot 1 and jpeg in slot 2, I have to remember to do both.

I think if you press in the rear command dial and press the delete button at the same time it's a shortcut to the format menu.

Photos, photos, show us some shots o_O

I was about to design a special award for you as the first reviewer of the long anticipated Fuji X Pro 2, but I'm not sure you've got the "right stuff" Rain ? I laugh in the face of rain :eek:
I was going to go to Calumet after work, but it's sleeting here, so I may leave it until the weather improves :whistle:

Letting the side down!!! How will us GAS'ers know whether to buy one without pics!
Yeah I know, I need some pics to show SWMBO how good the XP2 is so I'll be allowed to spend £1349 on a (another) camera :rolleyes:

I just Googled "anyone got a fuji x pro 2 yet" and apparently there's a southern softie who got one but for some reason won't use it ! Who would have thought it :jawdrop:

OK I'm off to the Fuji X forum now .

Yeah I know, I need some pics to show SWMBO how good the XP2 is so I'll be allowed to spend £1349 on a (another) camera :rolleyes:
But how will she know what camera's been used without you telling her the truth? And telling the wife the truth about cameras is an oxymoron!

Hmmm that didn't quite work out, there's a guy there with one, but he hasn't posted any shots yet either !

I just Googled "anyone got a fuji x pro 2 yet" and apparently there's a southern softie who got one but for some reason won't use it ! Who would have thought it :jawdrop:
Sorry, living down here (if you can call it living) for 3 years has weakened my resistance to weather. I need to get back to my Lancashire/Yorkshire roots. :(

But how will she know what camera's been used without you telling her the truth? And telling the wife the truth about cameras is an oxymoron!
Actually she's really excited to see what difference the 24MP sensor makes :rolleyes: In a way it's a good thing that the XP2 doesn't look radically different from the XP1 with a bit of luck she'll not even notice I've bought a new camera !

Sorry, living down here (if you can call it living) for 3 years has weakened my resistance to weather. I need to get back to my Lancashire/Yorkshire roots. :(
Ah that explains the picture of a Lurcher as your avatar ;)

OK, here are the first couple of shots, taken using the 16mm. Both are uncropped raw and converted to either Velvia or Arcos +y in LR. At this stage I can't see a vast quality change - early days - but the camera is very nice to handle. One minus point though concerns the diopter adjuster. It's quite easy to knock out of adjustment as the wheel is on the edge of the camera.

XP2A0014.jpg

XP2A0016.jpg

Thanks Stephen is that the wee house you rent out with the running water?

I honesly think this could be the camera to quash my Leica lust :D

I don't really get a lust for any particular brand or maybe you mean rangefinder lust?

Fuji cameras are no doubt lovely and rangefinders are lovely too but they're not the same thing.

Soz if I've read you wrong.

Its murder when your waiting for more examples from early adopters. I want them to say its no good to stop my GAS!

I've had one for a couple of days now and like it a lot. The increase in processor speed is noticeable, particularly when you shoot a bracket. I'm coming from an X-T1 and the focussing feels faster and more intuitive but it isn't the fastest I have used by some way. I thought the build quality was indeed better than the X-T1. The additional bracketing flexibility is welcome. Buttons are raised to a degree that they were not on the X-T1 (though I never had a problem with them). It sits in the hand well and there is lots of room for my thumb.

Last edited:
LOL you're not kidding, I've had one sitting in my basket in Calumet for 7 days now, can't quite bring myself to push the button o_O
Press it. You'll be amazed at the build quality if nowt else. You know it makes sense. :fuji:

Press it. You'll be amazed at the build quality if nowt else. You know it makes sense. :fuji:
It's black and shiny, has a pleasing heft to it, I know all this, I'm trying to keep my GAS under control, I will buy one, the miserable part of me is saying £1349 is too much, but the rest of me has the "gimmes" big time ! :help:

I wonder if you, for example, buy from Amazon Spain can you claim the cash back ? I buy quite a lot of stuff from both Amazon Spain and Germany.That's always the problem with being an early adopter, you sometimes buy a world of trouble. Against all advice from managers in work (I used to work for Ford Motor Co.) I bought one of the first Focus released, it was a nightmare, back to the dealer 10 times in as many months.

Last edited:
I wonder if you, for example, buy from Amazon Spain can you claim the cash back ? I buy quite a lot of stuff from both Amazon Spain and Germany.That's always the problem with being an early adopter, you sometimes buy a world of trouble. Against all advice from managers in work (I used to work for Ford Motor Co.) I bought one of the first Focus released, it was a nightmare, back to the dealer 10 times in as many months.

No.

It's black and shiny, has a pleasing heft to it, I know all this, I'm trying to keep my GAS under control, I will buy one, the miserable part of me is saying £1349 is too much, but the rest of me has the "gimmes" big time ! :help:

The only way to get rid of GAS is to let it rip big-time.

Or ask yourself what difference it will make to your photographs and if that's worth the outlay. I've yet to justify spending more than 500 quid on a body given how they depreciate.

Back