Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

Will probably have another few shots later but suffered the settings loss issue which I think throws the claim that the internal battery isn't charging out. Had a full battery in all night, turned the camera on at lunch and took a few shots (where the settings were fine), a few hours later though it had reset itself.

Had a handle on an X-Pro 2 today. Great build quality, nice handling. On the down side the viewfinder is not as good as the X-T1 and you can't tether it. The X-T2 will be interesting to look at.

Had a handle on an X-Pro 2 today. Great build quality, nice handling. On the down side the viewfinder is not as good as the X-T1 and you can't tether it. The X-T2 will be interesting to look at.

Are you talking with regards to size? what about the refresh rate because that is supposed to be a lot better?

Thumbs down to fuji tbh, using a volatile memory for settings, seems very 'old skool' and very strange tbh.
Everyone does this. I know Nikon do, I've had cameras lock up in the past that only leaving the battery out for a few days would cure. It's probably for the best, tbh. Corrupt flash memory could brick a camera.

Will probably have another few shots later but suffered the settings loss issue which I think throws the claim that the internal battery isn't charging out. Had a full battery in all night, turned the camera on at lunch and took a few shots (where the settings were fine), a few hours later though it had reset itself.

Hopefully, it's jut a firmware thing. I haven't had that problem yet. I did use a fresh, fully charged battery though and not the one that came in the box.

Last edited:
Not the best shots in the world but wanted to try something more "Landscapey" this is Tinto Hill in Lanarkshire, first one processed RAW in Photoshop, second from Camera JPEG in Acros

20160305 - Tinto Hill & Wiston by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

20160305 - Tinto Hill & Wiston - Acros by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

Like the colour shot, shame you're having issues. Seems like every manufacturer has initial batch issues these days. Shame tbh, especially when rrps are so damn high!

I meant to ask actually, did anyone get the Limited Edition Strap?

I phoned WEX about the fact that there was no voucher in the box and was told there isn't one.

Apparently you just register the camera with fuji, put in the suppliers details and they check with them.

Did you just register or did you have to do something else Stephen?
There was a note in with my camera, from Cameraworld, which said that they had passed my name on to Fuji and all I had to do was register the camera online and Fuji would send the strap. I later phoned Fuji and they basically repeated this. Fuji said they hope to turn this round in 5 working days.

There was a note in with my camera, from Cameraworld, which said that they had passed my name on to Fuji and all I had to do was register the camera online and Fuji would send the strap. I later phoned Fuji and they basically repeated this. Fuji said they hope to turn this round in 5 working days.

Good to know, I might double check with Park Cameras.

Maybe the "not all sensors are equal" point is well made if Canon are in the mix but if not I don't think it's valid. Time will tell how good this Fuji is but one thing which puts me off is that IMO they're somewhere in the middle ground image quality wise between MFT and FF and arguably competing more with a Sony A7 for bulk so for me there's no clear advantage for Fuji.

I think the Fuji's make the most sense if quality and want it factors are given weight. They're lovely cameras, they have lots of fans and I do wish my cameras had those manual dials.

Maybe the "not all sensors are equal" point is well made if Canon are in the mix but if not I don't think it's valid. Time will tell how good this Fuji is but one thing which puts me off is that IMO they're somewhere in the middle ground image quality wise between MFT and FF and arguably competing more with a Sony A7 for bulk so for me there's no clear advantage for Fuji.

I think the Fuji's make the most sense if quality and want it factors are given weight. They're lovely cameras, they have lots of fans and I do wish my cameras had those manual dials.

Doesn't that make sense? Apsc is in the middle of m43 and ff.

I think different companies can use the same sensor and get more out of it, its clear that Nikon get more out of of the Sony sensors than Sony do, I'm not seeing a massive difference between this and the FF 24mp of the A7ii to be frank and similar to images I have from the A7.

I think different companies can use the same sensor and get more out of it, its clear that Nikon get more out of of the Sony sensors than Sony do, I'm not seeing a massive difference between this and the FF 24mp of the A7ii to be frank and similar to images I have from the A7.

That's coz the a7 and mk2 have the same sensor.

They look exactly the same on dpreviews studio scene.

All I'm saying is I noticed a difference between the two, it could have been down to several things though, different coating on the sensor (no more horrible purple flare on the A7ii), better processing algorithms in Photoshop, who knows, all I'm saying is that I noticed a difference mainly in low light though.

Anybody get a grip with their Pro2? And if so, is it worth it?

I've bought one and I'd say so, didn't notice much difference with the 35mm f2 on it but the extra grip is appreciated once I mount the 16mm f1.4!
Pondering a 16-55 but honestly not sure how it would handle on this.

I'm very wary of getting any physically large lenses for my Fujis. For me, the attraction of mirrorless is the portability and weight of the system. The two largest lenses I own are the 55-200, which is fine because it's stabilised, and the 90mm, which though very sharp is getting a bit cumbersome for my tastes. Heck, even the 10-24 feels a bit big sometimes! So I wouldn't go larger because I honestly can't see me going to a really wide aperture that often. Fine for ultra-narrow dof, but as for their low-light performance, frankly I'd sooner crank up the ISO especially now with the new sensor. But that's for my genre of shooting. Others have different needs.

I'm very wary of getting any physically large lenses for my Fujis. For me, the attraction of mirrorless is the portability and weight of the system. The two largest lenses I own are the 55-200, which is fine because it's stabilised, and the 90mm, which though very sharp is getting a bit cumbersome for my tastes. Heck, even the 10-24 feels a bit big sometimes! So I wouldn't go larger because I honestly can't see me going to a really wide aperture that often. Fine for ultra-narrow dof, but as for their low-light performance, frankly I'd sooner crank up the ISO especially now with the new sensor. But that's for my genre of shooting. Others have different needs.

I thought the 16-55 was a stunning lens on the XT1 and gave me the flexibility when I wanted it, it was still much much smaller than my D800 & 24-70 equivalent. I'm currently sitting with the 16 & 35 combo but likely will add a used 14mm at some point, a 56 and maybe a 23... the full frame DSLR is gone!

I'm more recently coming from the other end (although in the dim and distant past I owned Canon full-frame) in that I migrated to Fuji ftom Olympus m4/3. But even they are getting (comparatively) larger lenses. Now Olympus truly is a small light system, and Fuji is larger. But it's a matter of striking a happy balance. I've had to have one shoulder operated on, and the other side is coming due, so for me weight is a serious consideration.

If you're interested in a 23mm keep an eye on the classifieds; I might be selling mine as I have that focal length covered a few ways.

I thought the 16-55 was a stunning lens on the XT1 and gave me the flexibility when I wanted it, it was still much much smaller than my D800 & 24-70 equivalent. I'm currently sitting with the 16 & 35 combo but likely will add a used 14mm at some point, a 56 and maybe a 23... the full frame DSLR is gone!
Have you sold your D750????

Mine just arrived. First impressions: the camera is slightly larger than I was expecting (even after seeing pics and videos of it) but the 35mm f/2 lens is tiny! Easily the smallest lens I own. The 23mm f/1.4 is a lot bigger. Camera and lenses seem well built. Got the battery on charge now and looking forward to getting out and having a go.

Mine just arrived. First impressions: the camera is slightly larger than I was expecting (even after seeing pics and videos of it) but the 35mm f/2 lens is tiny! Easily the smallest lens I own. The 23mm f/1.4 is a lot bigger. Camera and lenses seem well built. Got the battery on charge now and looking forward to getting out and having a go.

Its a bit bigger than I expected too actually, I'd forgotten the size difference between the X-Pro 1 and the other bodies!

I love the size of the Xpro 2. The XT1 and X100T both feel a bit too small for me personally.

I love the size of the Xpro 2. The XT1 and X100T both feel a bit too small for me personally.

Yes I agree, The X100(T) felt too small for my big hands, the X-pro's are much more comfortable to hold.

Yes I agree, The X100(T) felt too small for my big hands, the X-pro's are much more comfortable to hold.

It's part of the reason I sold the X100T. I know it's a great camera and the form factor are what a lot of people go for, but to me it just felt like a metal body filled with plastic. The XPro2 feels rock solid in comparison.

Back