Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

X-Pro II with 35mm f/2 lens:

26023844071_d6ddb8e7b3_b.jpg

I am currently using an X-t1 and an X-t10 for travel. I have the opportunity to buy an X-pro 2 for a very good price. Should I wait for the X-t2, I really don't know what to do.

I am currently using an X-t1 and an X-t10 for travel. I have the opportunity to buy an X-pro 2 for a very good price. Should I wait for the X-t2, I really don't know what to do.

The XPro2 looks great. I use an X-T10 and I do like to make use of the articulated screen. The lack of this does put me off the XP2 a bit. My X-T is still giving great results so I'm in no rush to jump to anything just yet.

I would keep the X-t10 and sell the X-t1, I am not fussed about the articulated screen.

Another one from last weekend (I should really stick these in the photo-sharing forum), this ones from Belhaven Bay in East Lothian and is the infamous "Bridge to Nowhere" which spans what is a river when the tides out!
I have to say though, not missing full frame at all, I think I'm in love!

Bridge to Nowhere & Bass Rock, Belhaven Bay by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

I love that shot Chris - just had a quick look to see where the bridge is and it's definitely now on my to-visit list!

The full size image on Flickr has beautiful tonality. Did you add any grain in post? I love the look of it.

Cracking shot Chris, and what a cool bridge!

Thanks Gregg!

I love that shot Chris - just had a quick look to see where the bridge is and it's definitely now on my to-visit list!

The full size image on Flickr has beautiful tonality. Did you add any grain in post? I love the look of it.

Hi Brian, thanks! I really liked it too, preferred the B&W conversion, the colour wasn't so good, unfortunately my 10 stopper has quite a colour cast, really need a new one!
I didn't add any grain in post no, glad you like it!

23mm f1.4 and 12mm f2 coming today ahead of my trip to Munich tomorrow, as much as I love the 16mm I've let a friend borrow it for a couple of weeks as I want to see if I can live with just the 16-55 to cover the bulk of the range but the 12/23 combo will cover off nicely for travel!

Have you been across to the submarines in Aberlady bay?

I thought I knew the area well, but didn't know about any submarines. Can you say more?

I did read about buried Spitfires in Dalgety Bay making the area radioactive, though! (paint used on luminous dials, apparently.)

I thought I knew the area well, but didn't know about any submarines. Can you say more?

I did read about buried Spitfires in Dalgety Bay making the area radioactive, though! (paint used on luminous dials, apparently.)
Have a look at this site:
http://coastkid.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/ww2-xt-class-submarine-wrecks-aberlady.html

You can only access them when the tide is out, and the walk to the site is through the nature reserve, so you need to plan your time accordingly. We never actually made it out there (too lazy) but could clearly see them from the shore. We used to live at Gosford House, which is nearby.

Last edited:
Since no-one's posted here for a few days, I thought I'd throw this one in from Tuesday. X-Pro2 with 56mm, raw file with Velvia LR conversion.

XP2S0081.jpg

Anyone got a macro setup for their XP2 they would like to share ?

I enquired regarding pricing, nearly fell off my chair!

Ive just looked up the mx-20 set $359 exc postage... Ouch!

I think as much as I would like it, I can live without it for now ;)

Errrrr, RX/MX20 kit = €459 + PP :eek:

its on sale here for $379 sorry not $359, with a $95 deposit plus p&p. BARGAIN!.

Oh and it's coming form the states so guaranteed customs charges too. No matter its too bloody rich for me, so will wait for a cheaper option to come along.

EDIT: hmmm, still want one!

its on sale here for $379 sorry not $359, with a $95 deposit plus p&p. BARGAIN!.

Oh and it's coming form the states so guaranteed customs charges too. No matter its too bloody rich for me, so will wait for a cheaper option to come along.

EDIT: hmmm, still want one!

If it did HSS then Id consider paying half of asking. TTL isnt worth that much to me when I can use manual and some YNs.

Just noticed one of my shots is on the X-Pro 2 Camera Finder page on Flickr (https://www.flickr.com/cameras/fujifilm/x-pro2/) , not an Explore but still good!!

I thought I'd give my thoughts on the X-Pro 2 following my trip to Munich last week. It was my first foreign trip since last summer (Berlin, Venice, Budapest) when I carried... Nikon D750, 18-35, 24-70, 70-300 & 24mm prime... along with my travel tripod and filters, etc it was some weight of kit to be carting around, I didn't take it all out daily but with flights between the various cities it was a pain. To Munich I took the X-Pro 2, Samyang 12mm, 16-55, 55-200 & 23mm prime, all in a Billingham Hadley Pro with space for my iPad, Kindle, glasses, wallet, etc and room to spare.. the weight was nothing like as much to carry and generally much easier to transport!

When I was in Munich I tended to have the 16-55 & 23mm in the bag along with the 12mm but I only took the 55-200 when I knew I wanted to use it. Even with the admittedly bulky 16-55 the bag was light and great to have on the shoulder, I think in future though I'd be tempted to leave the 16-55 and take a 16mm and 56/60 to cover off instead, maybe even an X100T....

It was a joy to use the X-Pro 2, I still feel I'm trying to get to grips fully with it but generally I'm delighted with its usability, AF was brilliant even in the dark where even my old Nikon FF kit would have struggled. Image quality while I feel its excellent I'm still struggling a little with the X-Trans RAW processing and have been tending to just use Lightroom in combo with the Film Simulations, I also noticed though that the JPEG's are excellent and I may in future (once I have set the camera up properly to my liking) rely a bit more on the JPEGS.

So am I happy with the X-Pro 2 v my old full frame gear.... yes and no. While the IQ is excellent the X-Trans RAW files are a tad less flexible (and thats probably my own understanding of what works and doesn't as I'm just doing what I'd have done with a Nikon file) but I'm going to try some of the other options (Irident/PhotoNinja). Generally though the bump to 24mp has resolved my concerns over image size and quality.

The camera also proved itself as a landscape workhorse for me a couple of weeks ago in typical rainy Scottish weather while paired with the 16-55, rained upon and no issues which easily matches my Nikon kit. While I don't like the EVF as much as that on the XT1 and I use the OVF sparingly I am enjoying it, I also love being able to "see" B&W when using Acros or Monochrome as I do love a bit of black and white photography.

On the lens front I am leaning toward a move to primes I think, perhaps with a second body (XE2/XT1), I'll keep the 16-55 for now but the trip convinced me that the 23mm could easily be my main lens (as 35mm has been before on FF) its a belter of a lens and a combo of that with something like a 35/56 or 60 and either a 14 or 16 at the wide end would be a cracker of a travel kit, I may even invest in a 10-24 as a zoom. Long lens wise the 55-200 is a cracker but I think it will get moved on to help fund either a 90mm or 50-140 if I'm honest!!

Overall though I'm liking X-Pro 2 ownership, its so easy to chuck the camera in the bag and forget about it, it appears to easily be able to meet my landscape needs and theres just something fun about shooting with it... would I rule out another DSLR? No, not yet, I still feel that full frame has a place for me, and I suspect that may be another D750 or D810, there are times when the sheer FF IQ is appreciated but that might go away when I properly get to grips with processing the RAW files from the Fuji.

Back