OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Oh my F65 is a dream to use I generally run it on AP priority and some of the pics I have got out have been amazing it just takes realy great pics all the time, also the AF is snap snap fast.

this were from last week

Ooh that looks very nice, have toyed with one of these for a while and your photo isn't helping:LOL:

It's rather nice to use. The MD-15 is slicker than the MD-12 - more like a mini MD-4 for the F3. Tho with 8 AA's in, it is starting to weigh the same as an F3/MD-4 too!

Very nice indeed. I must resist the urge at the moment to get an older Nikon film body.... I can't fully decide which model so, that is at least one thing holding me back :)

The old Nikon film bodies offer so much for so little outlay, they are truly wonderful.

The old Nikon film bodies offer so much for so little outlay, they are truly wonderful.

But do I go "FM" or "F" more research required. I have an F801 in fair condition sitting in a box but it doesn't have the classic look of an FM ??? Oh well... I'm in no rush.

F, FM, FE, F2, F3..................... you can't go wrong although I am somewhat biased!!!!

But do I go "FM" or "F" more research required. I have an F801 in fair condition sitting in a box but it doesn't have the classic look of an FM ??? Oh well... I'm in no rush.

Depends what you want out of them really - they are excellent but fundamentally different cameras.

F, FM, FE, F2, F3..................... you can't go wrong although I am somewhat biased!!!!

Spot on - tho I would add the FM3A to that list. You can get heftily used ones at a sensible (non-collectors) price, and mine was a battered but very usable camera. Really should have kept it.. :bonk:

I've just added a Yashica Mat to my ever changing film collection. It's actually in good condition apart from it missing the front leatherette covering (good excuse for a full re-cover!) and needing a general clean as it doesn't look like it's been used for a while.

I'm going to give this a bit of a cleanup as well as a new skin then will probably flock the film chamber before I put a roll of film through it. I'll put some shots up once I have.

At the moment I'm running a roll of Fuji Acros 100 through the 1930 Ensign Selfix 20 I've had for a while so the results of that should be interesting!

Nice Yashica Steve. That looks like the variant I have. If you are getting the covering from Camera Leather and there are screws on the back then it's best to measure their positions and let him know exactly where they are - there are a couple of different backs and my screws were in a slightly different place to the ones on the cover he sent me.

This week's new toy.. I don't have any proper medium format gear at the moment, apart from some crappy old folders and box brownies, so I thought I would get something nice. However, I know nothing about Rollei MF gear, and I think that I have bought meself another box brownie.. say it aint so! Came with a half-used roll of Ilford HP4 (yup) that I look forward to devving.

The Rollei came with a rather informative Rolleicord Guide, which starts.. "THE TRUTH ABOUT THE ROLLEICORD. 'Universal' cameras exist only in manufacturers' advertisements. Otherwise they are - and very probably will always be - just as absurd as the 'universal' weapon, the 'universal' aeroplane or, to come down to earth again, the 'universal' horse." This is going to be a surreal read, I suspect..

That's one big cat! The Rolleicord doesn't look bad either, if a bit battered. It's not a Rolleiflex, but I think they had quite a reasonable reputation. The MF guys will know more!

That's a rather old Rolleicord... it'll be alright, but certainly won't be anything like the younger Rolleicords, especially the ones with the Xenar (Tessar clone) lenses.

Those older Rolleicords are hitting 70 years+ - often need a thorough cleaning.

Just ordered a new leather kit for my Yashica Mat from Cameraleathers. Went for the VH Black to keep it looking original (I'll live without the classy lizard skin!). :0)

FYI, feedback from people ordering with cameraleather has been very hit and miss:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116425
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum147/95680-cameraleather-dot-com.html
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114286

Aki-Asahi tends to have more favourable customer feedback (not sure if they do leather for the Mat though - mine has no leather, much like yours, but I don't shoot with it at the moment so no need to replace it).

Thanks Freecom. I saw similar threads when I was looking round last night but I'm not in a rush for the cover (although don't want to wait months!) and paid via Paypal so if there is any issue I'll be able to raise a case.

Cheers
Steve

Something different.

I have been looking at various pinhole camera kits but can across this book.

CD include with printable templates to make a number of different camera designs. If I stuff it up just print another one :).

Cheaper than the kits and everything seems to be well explained including making the "pinhole lens".

http://www.ilex-press.com/books/build-your-own-pinhole-cameras/

FYI, feedback from people ordering with cameraleather has been very hit and miss:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116425
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum147/95680-cameraleather-dot-com.html
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114286

Aki-Asahi tends to have more favourable customer feedback (not sure if they do leather for the Mat though - mine has no leather, much like yours, but I don't shoot with it at the moment so no need to replace it).

I've ordered a few kits from Camera Leather over the last few years and never had a problem, not disputing other's experiences but I've always been pleased with their kits and service.

5704534215_2974e19324_n.jpg
[/url]
Yashica Front Pre by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

5705102412_c54b8ff881_n.jpg
[/url]
Yashica Front Post by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Great job Nick....and admire you guys improving the look of your cameras.

I've ordered a few kits from Camera Leather over the last few years and never had a problem, not disputing other's experiences but I've always been pleased with their kits and service.

Sure, don't doubt this for a second - the feedback was for the most part positive, but I guess the people who have negative experiences are always going to post more when it happens (understandably). Just thought it was worth a mention, just in case the kit doesn't appear!

Great job Nick....and admire you guys improving the look of your cameras.

Thanks Brian, it's a simple job and makes it look a whole lot better.

Thanks Nick. Fingers crossed it arrives then because I've already flocked the film chamber and cleaned up the mirror/ground glass!

Cheers
Steve

Looking forward to seeing the results.

Ok so I couldn't resist any longer so with a bit of help fom me mummy here's an early borthday pressie.

It's gorgeous and practically mint...

7hbm.JPG

gdi.JPG

dxhf.jpg

0lcc.jpg

That's a bit nice Asha

That's a bit nice Asha

Asha, that looks a corker!

Well I've been assured it's all in full working order...I've 'dry run' it as it were and all appears fine so it's loaded with film ready for a test.

There is barely a mark on it......certainly one of the best examples i've seen knocking about.

Naturally I don't intend abusing it, however it will get used so given time it won't look such an ornamental piece....I buy kit to use it!

Lovely, it is a fun camera used (based on 2.5 rolls of film lol)

It certainly feels nice in the hand...I've bobbed a spare Nikon strap on it for the moment...maybe I'll pick up a "proper" strap at some point

It certainly feels nice in the hand...I've bobbed a spare Nikon strap on it for the moment...maybe I'll pick up a "proper" strap at some point

I've got my 5D mark 2 strap on my Fuji GW690 so you should keep your Nikon one on your Yash :D
Embrace the double-takes from people in the street :nuts:

I've got my 5D mark 2 strap on my Fuji GW690 so you should keep your Nikon one on your Yash :D
Embrace the double-takes from people in the street :nuts:

Could be a laugh....I'll be waiting to get someone asking which Nikon model it is :D

I got a leather strap from IMKShop on the bay for my Mat - the MATIN Vintage-30. Quick delivery and a good price - it really suits the camera well

That Yashica looks gorgeous :cool:

Y'know, I knew I never should have set foot in this area of the forums, I haven't even shot a full roll of film yet (too damn hot!) and I'm already lusting after Mamiya C330's and the like :wacky::LOL:

Noticed a Mamiya 645 1000s in great nick about half a mile from me on gumtree, advert is a couple of weeks old and at £130 it's most likely gone. But my god, film gets you so much camera (literally!) for so little cash!! :bonk:

Who has a smashing Mummy then, camera looks in great condition.

Back