OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Ignore^^^him^^^Rob, the rest of us do :D:D

He's only jealous cos it's too big a camera for him .... Coronet MIDGETS are more Nicks size :exit::ROFLMAO:
Hark at him, the Cote D'azur's answer to Giant Haystacks :bat:

As I said in the charity shop thread - I got me a lovely little Halina 500 (Oly trip 35-a-like) in a charity shop on Great Malvern Station last week for £6!

Just got around to taking a pic of the little gem...

Camera and full leather case are pretty much mint!

A couple of recent new toys

15432218087_bc65c0ce90_z.jpg

Contax Aria with Plannar T 50mm f1.7 for 95 from the Hailsham Camcentre not a fiver from a boot fair but under half the price that it would seem to be woth ... dare I say it it is a lighwieght camera for a change

15431574899_d1f2152aba_z.jpg

About as near mint as you are going to find Copal 3 shutter from Allphotos in Worhing

Somewhat film related I rescued a 24-85mm VR from Park cameras on the second attempt for 129 (tiny mark on front element) allegedly it should work on the F5

Also a Gitzo 3532LSV in never used condition for 200 from prevolved getting to like it as it is less than 2kg and supports over 18Kg a change from the Slick Pro4 supports 12 and ways 6kg

Reactions: Jao
I nearly bought a 645 last week. 1000s I think it was. It went for £95. Saw it rather late to bid so common sense prevailed for once ;)

I rather like those Contax Arias, very nicely styled. I believe they were originally aimed at the ladies but became quite popular as a general lightweight walkabout camera.

Picked up a Nikon F80s on eBay at the weekend. Came with a 50mm 1.8D too which made the bundle pretty reasonable price wise.

Got it to use with my G type lenses. Only tried my sigma 24-105 OS which gave me a fright and everything died but turns out it was just the batteries.

Looking forward to using this for some wildlife work using B&W.

View attachment 24348

That looks in very nice condition.

It's pretty decent condition wise. The only real issue I have found so far is the pop up flash release is sticky but I don't use the flash so not a real issue.

Looking forward to using it in anger. Wonder how long the 4AA will last running the VR on a 300mm 2.8!

Thé F with wlf is quite a nice set up tbh .....OK so the viewfinder is smalll but it's fun to use.....enjoy Adrian!

^^^^^^

Andrew, is Trevor your Brother? If I am correct then call him Brother and be proud,we will not hold it against you.:LOL::exit:

A couple of odd Nikon items just acquired!

15554268270_025dbdc5af_c.jpg

Nikon F with a WLF
15554273050_b78fe45679_c.jpg

Nikon F2 Photomic
15715377866_3a0edcde39_c.jpg

Really liking the F, I still need one in my collection oh and an F6 :naughty:

Jeez, you must have quite the serious collection of photographic goodies nowadays, Adrian. Very nice.

I certainly have RJ! I have utterly no guilt either about a growing camera collection. Like others here I am shooting with cameras I only dreamed about in my youth and really enjoying it. At the latest count I have acquired about 20% of my wish list, so lots of others to go yet!

Oooh, I like that F. Want one!

Thanks Simon, the F is a really lovely machine and working models can be had for a small sum, I heartily recommend this iconic Nikon.

Thé F with wlf is quite a nice set up tbh .....OK so the viewfinder is smalll but it's fun to use.....enjoy Adrian!

Thanks Asha, you are right, the WLF is small but really quite useable. I have been shooting with a lot of Rollei's of late and with the recent personal discovery of Bifocal spectacles, my use of WLF's has been transformed! A 35mm WLF will give me some Autumn fun!

Really liking the F, I still need one in my collection oh and an F6 :naughty:

Thanks Nick, As mentioned above the F is really nice and is actually, although a paradox, simultaneously similar and different to the F2. I know this sounds odd but there is a solidity to the F that is quite unlike any other 35mm I own. I too am missing an F6 from my line up, but I will leave it a while before I get one. I am still really enjoying the F4 and F100 at the moment and want to push the boundaries of these cameras first. That will give the F6 a bit of a time to drop in value before I bag one:)

Last edited:
I used to use a waist level finder with my Exakta and preferred it - but I am short sighted.

My own recent acquisition (a few days ago) was the probe attachment for my Lunasix 3 to enable reading to be taken from the ground glass. I suppose this counts as "film related"?

I have my father's Varex IIb with waist level and prism finders. I need to sort the shutter out so I can use it again.

Steve.

Almost "snap!". I have my Varex IIB with prism and waist level finders (plus some lenses) almost with a non working shutter. It was repaired once in the 1970s and died again. I doubt I've have it repaired as I don't use 35mm any more. But if I did start a camera collection, I'd certainly want to include the Ihagee cameras. I still fancy a Varex IIA...

I buy so much crap on ebay, when I buy something camera related, it kinda slips under the radar.

Reading this thread, I just remembered........I've bought sumink......in fact, I dunno where it is or when its coming its so far under the radar..lol

its stylishly ugly though, I know that :)

I have my Varex IIB with prism and waist level finders (plus some lenses) almost with a non working shutter.

My shutter works nine out of ten times but sometimes gets stuck in a half open position. I think it's a lubrication issue.

Steve.

Having had a bit of a clear out I have of course spent most of the income.

Just bought received a jobo multi tank with a 120 spiral and a 5x4 spiral. Just need to work out how to rotate the tank. Got some more slightly ood film to practice with, eyeing up some provia in 5x4 but my process isn't quite there yet.

Also ordered a fuji 210mm from Japan, not really getting on with the 150mm, so hopefully the tax man misses it!

I haven't yet played the F80 for peanuts 'cause it had the dreaded "sticky back syndrome" card.

Don't tell 'em half an hour with IPA and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sorts it out.

:)

I haven't yet played the F80 for peanuts 'cause it had the dreaded "sticky back syndrome" card.

If you need some self adhesive black foam, send me a PM with your address and I will post some tro you.

Just spent this months toy budget.

I have one just like it. It was my first Nikon (other than a Nikkormat) which my father got for me in 1982. Never had a fault and still works perfectly.

Steve.

Last edited:
Picked up an Olympus OM10 with Zuiko Auto-S f1.8 50mm lens from a charity shop today for £10. The camera works fine but the lens has fungus. :) :(

Indian Pale Ale?

I used it when I removed the old light seals from my Ricoh 500G. It made the job so easy, that and a craft knife with lots of different blades.

Back