OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

You tease Nick.

...........make a nice nesting box for a Robin or blue tit, and am sure a hamster would like it too:D

Say good bye to fingerprint misery!

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7...tamps-and-valuables-set-of-3-pairs-WH2-DS-136

dAs69FHsDHG5qL5xm0pCRFS2M0yIfJxUerN4g0H6-vI6Dtc7Uw6Hjho05csD7t0KcJLkpDA_iHgKbYcWzcUNGGZLu4oFmeSObYdtQEh6s9q-ahCLy4rxxCbpa8gx3lNrR-Npkq2W6P6G5j3nUDmJbeZbrc6qAuIfD9LrJ-dCyNXkUxpLSwmO24omnjc_5wWohEveX1zMR9n4iU0DJqxk-P_i97ffKoC2OJ9u7tXlFr7scVFK19QEuBVRimbKXCWCiy7KFjVY5vrS87NCRIS_mHhjmnBpAnVWHVRHtF5Fc9MpC-o0vQ7KZ-JqfNu4xaLs_O0emrILY_fwAZlXMH64hAsNQdu8xElhZCb3y9Z83EkWGniMnVknycAllqyFJpjxfWgdFH5zFhGc6Ntz3O4LIvnAkeqeWbwsuIKNq7gn_cKhk9kCrgMUfEhtwUj54CtB-Btf1_3N2msT2tppqLVHOf8dWTFCybGXxkY8FxSMqEtAPdvPqgGxqz_9-z-lkpbqAkprsUvXDizdXeOy0ZqdePCmgDP2Ey19Y9OAS_7S916mvolICDUNWJh_OCK_qXgtNEkJ=w532-h945-no

We looked after a hamster once and let it out for a run around and it got down the back of the settee...and had to take the bottom of the settee apart to find it. :eek:

So, you literally bought the shop! Camera, pinhole and notebook... sounds fun. Don't remember hearing about this before, but maybe I just forgot. Are you planning on using a non-pinhole lens with it as well?

I was quite impressed with the Intrepid when I saw one at the Artist's Open Houses event last year (it's a local company to me). I liked the different bellows colours - but as a black and white photographer I probably pay too much attention to colour...

Have fun!

A NOSTALGIA PURCHASE...as owned by my Father many many years ago ....an AGFA Silette
focus stuck on Infinity - who cares - has a place on the mantlepeice anyway......:)

Managed to pick up a working OM2n from ebay for £19.99 + shipping. It was sold as spares or repair due to the viewfinder needle not moving but put in batteries & the needle moves fine. Rest of camera seems OK & the prism hasn't been damaged by rotting foam yet. Quite a happy boy & will be running a roll of Vista through it over the weekend.

If the test film comes out OK will look at getting a CLA done on it & the foam removed before it does any harm.

Very tasty. ;)

I've not put any pics up recently, so here goes-
Two old ones I've had for a wee while:
Yashica ML 1.4/50

DSC_2915e by Ken, on Flickr

Not cleaned yet, Yashica DSB 28-80/3.8-4.8

DSC_2909e by Ken, on Flickr

Carl Zeiss Contax Sonar 2.8/135

DSC_2910e by Ken, on Flickr

Carl Zeiss Distagon 2.8/28

DSC_2911e by Ken, on Flickr

Well I so nearly got away with it! My OH was on her way to the shops, had just locked the door, and I was thinking hooray, the postie's not been yet and my new lens is due today! But then I gathered that the postie had arrived just as she was leaving, so she signed for it, opened the door and asked, what have you been buying from Spain, Chris? Oh, only another lens, dear.

I was quite excited opening the packaging, as always. But I must say I was astounded when I got it. An absolutely mint Vivitar Series 1 19mm f/3.8, complete with box and manual, both in mint condition as well. Very pleased. All the bits seem to work well.

Spent the afternoon wandering round Kenilworth Castle, looking for new nooks and crannies I'd not been able to explore before. Bit of a grey day, which is disappointing, but I got 3/4 the way through my first roll of FP4 for 20 years. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

The 19mm focal length is going to take some getting used to!

You'll like the 19mm and you can usually spot any likely distortion thru' the viewfinder if you think it might ruin your shot.....some shots with my Canon 19mm still with OOF problem off centre:-

OOD colorplus

It does have the nose problem for portraits, getting so close, doesn't it?

I did enjoy using it today, rather more than the Pentax 24mm I got a while a go, which seemed neither one thing nor t'other. I do have to watch the edges of the frame though... what, that's the wall I'm standing beside, in my shot?

Brian, we you using a Vivitar 19mm for that shot?

I
Brian, we you using a Vivitar 19mm for that shot?

No Chris a Canon but I posted the shots just to show some results when you use a 19mm lens h'mm but maybe you already know :D I've taken quite a few shots now of different subjects and was surprised in that it is more like 24mm than a fisheye.... for distortion

A nice feature of this particular lens is that it has an A setting on the aperture ring, but you can't accidentally move to it... need to press a little button first. My other (few) lenses with the A setting don't have this protection. I don't have a camera that can use the A setting, so I'm not sure of the effect of slipping into it.

Back