OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Interestingly, it's the same size as a Leica SL...

I went to the last page of this forum, saw the Nikon Df and thought "what the hell is going on, people are showing digicams in the "i've got a new film camera thread".

Now that I've viewed the previous page I can put aside my thoughts of leaving in a huff ....

I went to the last page of this forum, saw the Nikon Df and thought "what the hell is going on, people are showing digicams in the "i've got a new film camera thread".

Now that I've viewed the previous page I can put aside my thoughts of leaving in a huff ....

Please accept my apologies for alarming you Kevin.

I looked up about the Ricoh pin again as I was going on old stuff I'd happened to remember, and it turns out that it only affects autofocus Pentax K mount cameras, as the versions of the mount used for autofocus have an additional depression for a contact to communicate AF information, which unfortunately sits right over where the Ricoh pin is. The pin itself isn't too obvious, it's only on lenses marked "KR" and is a single shallow pin slightly further around to the left of the other contacts.

There's some more info here, http://www.theatreofnoise.com/2008/05/ricoh-lenses-on-pentax-cameras-ricoh.html

Well I'm not an expert of Rikenon lenses but it seems to me there is no problem using the older lenses (XR?) as my Rikenon lens has no pin...but a warning using other 3rd party lenses as the site does give a list of possible problems using them on a Pentax camera so (n) for anyone owning one.

Ikea frames, £2.25 each. Can't recommend putting up your photos on the wall enough, even if it is just Photobox+IKEA instead of wet-print+custom.

(Three of the photos are film)

DSCF6260.JPG

Ikea frames, £2.25 each. Can't recommend putting up your photos on the wall enough, even if it is just Photobox+IKEA instead of wet-print+custom.

(Three of the photos are film)

View attachment 59925
Agreed, it's great to get shots up on the wall.

the meter seems a little bit 'varied' using a 1.4v hearing aid battery so I think I'll grab a Wein cell to test it properly.

I've had better results with the meter today after using a different method of holding the battery centrally and packing it with a different piece of foil. In lower light, the meter seems most accurate with slower shutter speeds (1/15 and lower) but in daylight it was pretty much spot on so looks like it's just not massively sensitive in low light.

I've just spent an hour cleaning out the remnants of the original seals and fitted a new set made up from an OM1 seal set I had spare.

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1458512337.641830.jpg

Before, what's left of the original seals

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1458512346.411374.jpg

After a clean and scrub

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1458512375.892163.jpg

Nice new seals ready to shoot

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1458512407.240903.jpg

I've also just discovered that this body was made in the last year of production (serial 366581)

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1458512436.155704.jpg

Last edited:
Does this count?

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1458669942.201711.jpg

I've just had this delivered to use in my Pen FT in Fuerteventura in two weeks' time with Hayley and the kids. I've also got a variable ND filter on the way to give me chance to shoot at apertures wider than F16 with the 1/500th max shutter!

Oops!
A Contax 137MD with data back was delivered yesterday.
It just needs a bit of a clean and some new leather.

Found a really good condition 50mm lens for the RB67 after looking for a "C" for a while. Got it off ebay and was a bit hesitant as I've had mixed experiences with ebay, but initial impressions look pretty good! Haven't tried it out properly yet but the shutter speeds seem accurate and it's very clean inside. (please forgive the smartphone photos!)

Came with both caps and a generic rubber screw on wide angle hood.

IMG_20160329_50573.jpg

IMG_20160329_15303.jpg

IMG_20160329_39533.jpg

Well this could turn out to be a new lease of life for my photography, or it could be an expensive folly; I've bought a tilt-shift adaptor for the Mamiya RZ67 along with a 75mm "short-barrel" lens. The idea is to make a start in using camera movements without going large-format. The 75mm lens can focus to infinity when used with the T/S adaptor, and therefore can be used for landscapes, whereas my 110mm lens won't focus to infinity when used with the adaptor but will be useful for still life or close-up flower images.

I sold a couple of guitars to go towards the cost but still have both kidneys.

DSC_0059.jpg

Last edited:
Well this could turn out to be a new lease of life for my photography, or it could be an expensive folly; I've bought a tilt-shift adaptor for the Mamiya RZ67 along with a 75mm "short-barrel" lens. The idea is to make a start in using camera movements without going large-format. The 75mm lens can focus to infinity when used with the T/S adaptor, and therefore can be used for landscapes, whereas my 110mm lens won't focus to infinity when used with the adaptor but will be useful for still life or close-up flower images.

I sold a couple of guitars to go towards the cost but still have both kidneys.

View attachment 60696
I've thought to buy one for mine, so, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it.

I won't get it until next week but I've just bought an Olympus 35SP. Once it arrives I'll have to make decision between it and the PenFT. Don't want my medium format kit feeling pushed out ;0)

I won't get it until next week but I've just bought an Olympus 35SP. Once it arrives I'll have to make decision between it and the PenFT. Don't want my medium format kit feeling pushed out ;0)

Oh well......can't blame you then, for the lack of RD's or the inflated prices...:)

I've not got on very well with my Contax, I must be too old and decrepit for AF on an RF, so I thought I'd change it for an RD.
Let us know how you get on with SP....:D

I wasn't actually looking for another RF but it came up and looks to be in very good condition so it's hard to resist. I'd like a black one really but they're even harder to come by at a good price!

Well that's pretty much mint :0)

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1459877021.087478.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1459877027.607962.jpg

I've fitted the Wein cell from my Pen FT and the meter is spot on too. Now that means a decision on what to take on holiday next week. I was planning on shooting a roll of Velvia in the Pen for some half frame shots but this 35SP is also very nice (and no, I'm not taking both!)

Any ideas?

35SP, sorted.

And on a similar vein I took a punt on a Voigtlander VF101 (I do so love a Voigtlander)) for 99p. As it turns out, after a bit of a clean, it is in pretty good condition with a working shutter and clean glass. Now the sharp-eyed amongst you may notice that something is missing.
DSC_0018 by Andy, on Flickr

Yes, that's right, the plastic bit of the lens surround ain't there. So, my question is this (mainly aimed @stevelmx5) would it be possible to have facsimile made on one of these futuristic 3D printer jobs?

Back