OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

managed to find a 1/2 case CF-20 for the Nikon
all the way from Ontario, Canada........:cool:
as new - no Customs Duty WIN WIN

and a new matching - well, close - strap from eBay

need to work on the Canon A-1 now...:)

had an afternoon around the village with the F3 - jeez 24 shots go fast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and Nikon need to add a small LED which says ''Wind on, Stoopid''

When you bought a Nikon new did they have that stupid metal circular viewfinder as I can't think of an easier way of scratching spectacles, and the stupid method of attaching a rubber one as it seems the only way its never going to come off is to use super glue. Were they so arrogant that they wouldn't copy nearly every make that was different and better. :rolleyes:

well...g'morning.......:)

in fact I ordered a Nikon Eye-piece from HK

it has a rubberised coating over the rim.

click
800 -100_4857.JPG

Last edited:
These are proper ones:-
415WindmanL._SY300_.jpg
00Na3t-40260084.jpg

Last edited:
how do those square openings fit onto my circular eyepiece boss which has an internal thread...?..

you can see it fitted on the view above

Last edited:
how do those square openings fit onto my circular eyepiece boss which has an internal thread...?..

you can see it fitted on the view above

AH you missed my point:- Nikon weren't going to change even if nearly every maker had a better shaped viewfinder esp for decent rubber attachments....or if you are a Nikon fan you would say "all the others are wrong\crap" ;)

or if you are a Nikon fan you would say "all the others are wrong\crap" ;)

I wouldn't describe myself as a Nikon fan (the only cameras I have a soft spot for are Exaktas, Olympus OMs and Gandolfi) but it seems to me that a circular shape does lend itself to having vision correction lenses screwed in. I could ask why all lens makers seem to have standardised on a circular filter thread and lens front, when a square or rectangular shape would (presumably) be better for reducing non-image forming light.

I wouldn't describe myself as a Nikon fan (the only cameras I have a soft spot for are Exaktas, Olympus OMs and Gandolfi) but it seems to me that a circular shape does lend itself to having vision correction lenses screwed in. I could ask why all lens makers seem to have standardised on a circular filter thread and lens front, when a square or rectangular shape would (presumably) be better for reducing non-image forming light.

Well all my spectacles lenses are rectangular ;) but the human eye in the middle is round so Nikon probably thought a round viewfinder would be the best..h'mm o_O
Incidentily a guy said (might be here) that he doesn't buy dioptres for his cameras but cuts out the centres of old glasses (rectangular would be easier) and then glues them into the viewfinder with easy to remove adhesive.....I keep meaning to do this but never got round to it.

You must use a better quality optician than me. My spectacle lenses are also rectangular, but they don't screw into the frames for easy replacement...:D

You must use a better quality optician than me. My spectacle lenses are also rectangular, but they don't screw into the frames for easy replacement...:D

Well I get quite a few spectacles from the bootie @ 50p esp strong magnification ones for doing close work, saves using my own ones at times...anyway some of the bootie lenses come out of the thin stylish frames and I just super glue them back in (y)
Yeah I know you shouldn't use other people glasses and I wouldn't use them continually.

...but my Nikon F90x and FM have round viewfinders...shame

the rubber coated F3 eyepiece in my post 7484 above will fit the FM too - if you just want to protect your eyebrow....:)

also (quicker) from WEX....who also have the DK-3 ( for FM.?)

Last edited:
the rubber coated F3 eyepiece in my post 7484 above will fit the FM too - if you just want to protect your eyebrow....:)

also (quicker) from WEX....who also have the DK-3 ( for FM.?)

Thanks but I'm a cheap skate and wouldn't think your one would be cheap as it probably costs more than some of the cameras I buy ;)

I think the FM and F90x may be different eye cup sizes, so sizes DK3 and DK2 respectively. You may want to double check my guesswork.

Buy a TLR and some super storng gigs..........no need to put the camera anywhere near to the glasswear of the specs.;)

Alternatively use a super wide angle lens on your slr ....summat like 12mm, set hyperfocal distance to give acceptable sharpness from say 4ft to infinity, then shoot away to your herarts content without having to check composure through the viewfinder.:p

I have a simple solution to most problems albiet they're often totally impractical :D:D

I think the FM and F90x may be different eye cup sizes, so sizes DK3 and DK2 respectively. You may want to double check my guesswork.

H'mm all these DKs o_O and cheapest on the bay for DK3 is £9 :eek: none for DK2.... but with all my rectangular viewfinders cameras some rubber eyepieces slide on easy and others don't so no universal standard there either :(
I'll start looking at the bootie...is the DK type stamped on the rubber or do I have to carry a vernier around?

Last edited:
Buy a TLR and some super storng gigs..........no need to put the camera anywhere near to the glasswear of the specs.;)

Alternatively use a super wide angle lens on your slr ....summat like 12mm, set hyperfocal distance to give acceptable sharpness from say 4ft to infinity, then shoot away to your herarts content without having to check composure through the viewfinder.:p

I have a simple solution to most problems albiet they're often totally impractical :D:D

:D you forget to mention AF cameras even a blind person could get something useful in a shot ;)

Well I get quite a few spectacles from the bootie @ 50p esp strong magnification ones for doing close work, saves using my own ones at times.

Makes me irresistably think of the postcard of a Scottish mother slapping the head of her bespectacled son and saying "Wullie, how many time have I told you to take your glasses off when you're not looking at anything".

[QUOTE="excalibur2, post: 7512407, member: 17847"...as it probably costs more than some of the cameras I buy ;)[/QUOTE]

Wot £7.95.......:LOL:

i have one like the RH piece on your post 7485

with a round hole - not threaded - ID = 21mm

FOC for a cheap-skate....:)..just PM your address if any use ........john

Well John I got the F90x fitted with a non AI 50mm for £10 and seems daft to spend £7.95 for a bit of rubber accessory, but as it's AF its not much of a problem using spectacles...but the FM is the problem which could damage glasses focussing esp focussing for closeups....and it's nice of you to offer your eyepeice but shall I try the one in my previous post first i.e. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Selli...125934?hash=item567ced7bae:g:3eEAAOSwT5tWHLyh apparently the DK 19 would just about squeeze onto the F90x (DK2)...so says a guy on another forum and it might also squeeze onto the FM (DK3).
Well one plus for bootie glasses at 50p is I use these for focussing to save scratching my own ones. h'mm maybe that's why some of my shots are OOF ;)

Well John I got the F90x fitted with a non AI 50mm ................

I didnt know you could do that -- was the lens modded.?

i had a 50mm Kogaku mounted on my D5000 (actually more versatile than my D300)
and loved its classic chunky looks

I didnt know you could do that -- was the lens modded.?

i had a 50mm Kogaku mounted on my D5000 (actually more versatile than my D300)
and loved its classic chunky looks

Well all the different types of DSLRs confuse me ;)
The non AI lens is not supposed to fit the F90x (could ruin the mount) and think it was used as a body cap by the seller :rolleyes: before that I bought the "P&S" 401 cheap (ok I am not an expert on Nikons :() with a sigma 70-210 zoom so gave the 401 away and used the zoom on this....and a kind member gave me a FM to use the non AI 50mm.
To end my little story, I couldn't get the AF Nikkor 28-80 cheap so had to buy that off the bay for about £16 :(

Last edited:
New-born Leica MP, 0.85, black, lizard, no engraving at all on top or back, M7-style rewind.

An excellent choice for a digital camera,this is for film camera toys.:rolleyes::D

You also had likes from three film stalwarts. :)

Last edited:
An excellent choice for a digital camera,this is for film camera toys.:rolleyes::D

You also had likes from three film stalwarts. :)

Also a good choice for film. Note the rewind..

Back