OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

So the other day whilst looking on eBay for a Nikon F2 I stumbled across a listing for this little lot

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1468246117.462506.jpg

Pratikca B200 with 50mm 1.8, 28mm 2.8, 135 2.8 and 80-200 zoom with flash and other odds and sods. As I already have a couple of Praticka bodies I had this mad idea of bidding on it as I want to take a film setup with me when I take part in a big mini run in Devon over the August bank holiday where I am the
Official photographer so thought I need a zoom lens! Anyway I stuck a bid on it thinking I won't get that. Well I did and for less then £40 delivered! Best part is it was being sold by a charity.

I think there may be a film in there as the indicator is showing 16 but don't want to open it up and spoil the film

Oh and a couple of days I got a F2 set up which I am waiting to arrive

So the other day whilst looking on eBay for a Nikon F2 I stumbled across a listing for this little lot

View attachment 68879

Pratikca B200 with 50mm 1.8, 28mm 2.8, 135 2.8 and 80-200 zoom with flash and other odds and sods. As I already have a couple of Praticka bodies I had this mad idea of bidding on it as I want to take a film setup with me when I take part in a big mini run in Devon over the August bank holiday where I am the
Official photographer so thought I need a zoom lens! Anyway I stuck a bid on it thinking I won't get that. Well I did and for less then £40 delivered! Best part is it was being sold by a charity.

I think there may be a film in there as the indicator is showing 16 but don't want to open it up and spoil the film

Oh and a couple of days I got a F2 set up which I am waiting to arrive
ace find good on you, god that fold out flash bracket brings back some memory's i haven't seen one in years

Try rewinding the film without pressing in the rewind stud (or however you release the film on those cameras). You'll know if there's a film in there if there's resistance as you roll it up.

Try rewinding the film without pressing in the rewind stud (or however you release the film on those cameras). You'll know if there's a film in there if there's resistance as you roll it up.

Thanks Dean I'll have a look when I get home tonight

Looking at everything last night it doesn't look like any of the kit has seen any real use! The only damage is the the case (the loop that attached the shoulder strap has broken and the feet have been removed both things I can get sorted if I want to.

I really need to get a unit to display my cameras in!

At the bootie a few years ago bought this lot...I think the BC1 is similar to the B200, well if it is the camera is not up to Nikon standards as my one is not smooth winding on and jams sometimes and have to put the winder on to unjam it, but some of the Praktica lenses are good although my 35-75 was crap...an advantage is you can get a M42 adapter and use screw lenses.

At the bootie a few years ago bought this lot...I think the BC1 is similar to the B200, well if it is the camera is not up to Nikon standards as my one is not smooth winding on and jams sometimes and have to put the winder on to unjam it, but some of the Praktica lenses are good although my 35-75 was crap...an advantage is you can get a M42 adapter and use screw lenses.

A couple of the lens that came in the kit are screw mount and there was an adapter too ( at first I didn't know what the adapter was!!)

A couple of the lens that came in the kit are screw mount and there was an adapter too ( at first I didn't know what the adapter was!!)

Well Nikon is useless for screw lenses and there are some VG ones to use, but a group of digi guys like them and that has put the prices up.

That looks very similar to my Wista, almost exactly similar in fact only in a darker wood. Very nice indeed.

Andy

A little update after some sleuthing on the 'net, turns out it's a Tachihara/Osaka built at some point in 2006, a distributor in the US sold black/chrome versions in addition to the cherry/brass ones usually found.

A little update after some sleuthing on the 'net, turns out it's a Tachihara/Osaka built at some point in 2006, a distributor in the US sold black/chrome versions in addition to the cherry/brass ones usually found.

Interesting. I did look at a couple of Tachiharas before getting the Wista but they were in much better condition and consequently out of my price range. All we need now are some photos from it. :D

The F2 has landed it appears to be in lovely condition but in need of a clean the light meter has a name and address written on the inside of the case for a gentleman form the USA so I'm wondering if the camera originates from the US too

Nikon F2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Any idea what this is??

I can see why the F2 is so well regarded it feels like you could run it over with a tank and it would survive it feels a lot heavier then me D750!

Made in England Garrard turntables for record playing were popular about 45 years ago?

An adapter for large holed 45s?

I thought they normally had a small hole in the middle.

That probably is the answer as jube box records had large holes and you could buy them cheaper...but can't remember if they were used or new, but do remember you could buy cardboard or plastic inserts to fill the hole.

Last edited:
Probably common in the US but never heard of the name in the UK and nothing on UK ebay.

No I couldn't find anything when I looked looks to be in all most unused condition. The only thing I wish it had was the top half of the case.

Need to get some batteries for this and the B200 but I can not find them anywhere locally so looks like I will have to try the net

Tamron made some lenses with a Vernon name; the Vernon Photographic Corp trademarked their name in 1963 in the United States - the trademark has I think now lapsed.

No I couldn't find anything when I looked looks to be in all most unused condition. The only thing I wish it had was the top half of the case.

Need to get some batteries for this and the B200 but I can not find them anywhere locally so looks like I will have to try the net

Well I use http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/ but for testing or emergency have bought recently five 6v batteries from Amazon @ 2.35 with free postage. If you are on Amazon I also bought an amazing small torch which produces white light https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QKG7EKC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rescued from a skip by a mate who works at a college, I'm now a proud owner of a Zenit TTL with Helios, a Zorki 4k with Jupiter-8, and a Pentax Spotmatic with a Takumar 55m and a Super-Multi-Coated Macro-Takumar 50mm f4 (!!!). That macro lens looks like a gem, proper 1:1 jobby.

Edit: while we're on the subject, does the Zorki need a film for the shutter to fire?

Last edited:
Rescued from a skip by a mate who works at a college, I'm now a proud owner of a Zenit TTL with Helios, a Zorki 4k with Jupiter-8, and a Pentax Spotmatic with a Takumar 55m and a Super-Multi-Coated Macro-Takumar 50mm f4 (!!!). That macro lens looks like a gem, proper 1:1 jobby.

Edit: while we're on the subject, does the Zorki need a film for the shutter to fire?
I don't think so and i apologise if I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs and all that but don't alter the shutter speed unless you've cocked the shutter.

Nope.
Be careful changing the shutter speed when it isn't cocked. Explanation here:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134577

Thanks lads, I was dimly aware of that, but luckily for me there's a big sticker on the back saying the same thing! Which, of course, is not to say that someone else hasn't done it, because it cocks fine but the shutter doesn't trip . . .

Time to read the manual.

When I'm cycling I'll look into skips more closely as I'm usually after old timber for making large plant holders hey no rolling of eyes as timber is expensive now.;)

Last edited:
Thanks lads, I was dimly aware of that, but luckily for me there's a big sticker on the back saying the same thing! Which, of course, is not to say that someone else hasn't done it, because it cocks fine but the shutter doesn't trip . . .

Time to read the manual.

I think it's shagged. It doesn't cock (it was in film transport/rewind mode) and doesn't fire.

You could, depending on how concerned you are, try some of the things in this post on the RangefinderForum.

I was just wondering if I could join in?

The camera came from Rob at the vintage and collectable camera company and is mint, I don't think it's been used! The lens came from mpb and again is mint, they even did me a part exchange on my voigtlander 21mm f4 which was fantastic! I'm well chuffed:banana:

I was just wondering if I could join in?
The camera came from Rob at the vintage and collectable camera company and is mint, I don't think it's been used! The lens came from mpb and again is mint, they even did me a part exchange on my voigtlander 21mm f4 which was fantastic! I'm well chuffed:banana:

Wow that looks pretty mint to me, nice!

Not actually new cameras but as they were looking a little bit tatty I thought I would jazz them up a bit. Leather from Aki-Asashi in Japan, lovely product, reasonable price and 4 day delivery from the other side of the World, not bad. It is a little thick I think and I intend to have another go with some other tatty cameras but I'm going to try some thinner leather, skiver I believe it is called, and glue it myself rather than the pre-glued stuff.

Voigtlanders-New-Skin by Andy, on Flickr

Andy

They look bloody good fella!!

Cheers matey. It was very enjoyable, I'm going to keep my eye out for some more doer-uppers.

Back