OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Well yes but Simon you won't get the film look, so why are we using 35mm film cameras, erm well ignoring a cheap skate like me :D lets all buy digis and use old lenses..anyway I think most digi owners would agree that modern lenses are "clinically" superior to old lenses
I have 35mm Pentax bodies, fancied trying something new! Nothing wrong with expanding your skillset (and gear bag...).

I have 35mm Pentax bodies, fancied trying something new! Nothing wrong with expanding your skillset (and gear bag...).
Really looking forward to seeing how you get on with the Pentax lenses on Fuji bodies. It's not a combination I've seen much of, but it's a possible future path if I ever invest in an interchangeable lens digital body!

Of course not and if film ever gets very expensive I'll join you but wouldn't use anything less that something like a full frame Sony A7 (y)

Of course not and if film ever gets very expensive I'll join you but wouldn't use anything less that something like a full frame Sony A7 (y)

You wont get one of those for 50p at the bootie Brian. :D

You wont get one of those for 50p at the bootie Brian. :D

:D maybe in the future when I get pushed around in my wheelchair o_O But a reliable guy I see fairly often has some nice digi kits now and again for up to £150 (he shows you them working) but have no idea if they are a bargain and don't bother to report on the digi forum... or here.

I knew I was getting old/had too much film kit when I packed a huge old Lowepro bag with 3 Pentax bodies (LX/MX/ME super) with winders attached and pretty much all my M lenses, batteries and odds and sods. Nearly gave myself a hernia lifting the bag into my wagon.

I remembered that my reason for going to Penta M kit in the first place (back in the early 80s) was its compact and lighter profile. I seem to be getting more daft as I get older.........

The PK-EOS-M adapter may well be my next choice - small digital mirrorless body with M 50mm and 20mm might be more sensible......

I knew I was getting old/had too much film kit when I packed a huge old Lowepro bag with 3 Pentax bodies (LX/MX/ME super) with winders attached and pretty much all my M lenses, batteries and odds and sods. Nearly gave myself a hernia lifting the bag into my wagon.

I remembered that my reason for going to Penta M kit in the first place (back in the early 80s) was its compact and lighter profile. I seem to be getting more daft as I get older.........

The PK-EOS-M adapter may well be my next choice - small digital mirrorless body with M 50mm and 20mm might be more sensible......

I'll let you know how I get on! According to Royal Mail, my adaptor is still in a London sorting office but the camera body (great condition, thanks Wex) is here with me in Bristol... infuriating!
I've had the LX (too heavy), the MX (mine broke), really liked the ME Super (but the winder and shutter is getting really temperamental). I've still got a Cosina PM-1, a manual camera that takes PK lenses - I'll stick with that one until it dies!

I'll let you know how I get on! According to Royal Mail, my adaptor is still in a London sorting office but the camera body (great condition, thanks Wex) is here with me in Bristol... infuriating!
I've had the LX (too heavy), the MX (mine broke), really liked the ME Super (but the winder and shutter is getting really temperamental). I've still got a Cosina PM-1, a manual camera that takes PK lenses - I'll stick with that one until it dies!
Well I do have a spare MG, MX and ME Super (with winder)........ all working!

The Cosina is a handy camera.

TBH I very rarely move on old kit. When I do I normally make up a small kit of bag/body and lens which I take into my local hospice charity shop.

I have found a few non-recoverable camera bodies and I used to strip them for parts to repair or make a good working body but I had a stroke in January 2015 which has affected my right hand. I was working on a failed rare ME-F body (essentially an ME Super with autofocus!). I hope to get back on that at some point. I also have the afternoon lens that goes with it.

o_O

Surely a Pentax ME Super with 50mm and 20mm, I mean...lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

:)
No chance but the EOS M with a Fotga PK-EF-M adaptor and Pentax M 10mm f/4 macro in Clarkson speak is sweeeeet. The Pentax M prime lenses are small enough to sit comfortably and in balance on am EOS M mirrorless. I love using the M 40mm f/2.8 pancake on it too but TBH the EF-S 22mm f/2 pancake and ef 40mm f/2.8 pancake makes using the of Pentax primes superfluous.

There are some rally good LX/MX bodies around and fully manual can be fun.

Was given a 75mm f4.5 shift lens for my mamiya RZ today. All I can say is good god it's heavy and it isn't big it's downright massive.

Vs the 127 f3.5 and a little nikkor 28mm f2 for comparison

Lovely lens - I have one. It was also the lens that nudged me towards the lighter world of large format after using it on location for a day...

Cor - looking forward to seeing the shots you take with that! A tilt-shift lens was on my wishlist, when I used to do interior photography :)

Annoyingly it's only a shift lens, and I would like to have a play with tilt movements. I really wanted the 50mm shift for my 645 kit as it's wider and a lot lighter but beggars can't be choosers. I somewhat doubt I'll be lugging it around with me too often although I have found that incredibly it does just fit in my toploader 75 bag when attached to the camera. I'm going to need to find some 105mm filters for it too.

Annoyingly it's only a shift lens, and I would like to have a play with tilt movements. I really wanted the 50mm shift for my 645 kit as it's wider and a lot lighter but beggars can't be choosers. I somewhat doubt I'll be lugging it around with me too often although I have found that incredibly it does just fit in my toploader 75 bag when attached to the camera. I'm going to need to find some 105mm filters for it too.

Ahhh, so it can be shifted up or down to maintain perspective, but can't do the "tiny people in a miniature village" effect? And 105mm filters?! Best just get a window pane coated :D

Today's purchase - an Oly OM-1 with 50mm f/1.8 and a Hoya 25-42mm f/3.5 "macro" lenses. Also got the manual, a rubber lens hood for the 50mm, an "as new" looking official case, and a spare battery for the meter with it.

The latest addition (for now)
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
Continuing the Olympus theme, I picked up this Trip in a local junk shop.

A Trip 35 was the first camera I bought when I got an urge to start shooting film again (mainly because I still had the one my dad gave me, but which had a non-fuctioning selenium meter). It's a really nice, solid little camera. Since then I've become a bit of a mini Olympus fanboy, with a 35 RC, and now the OM-1 to follow them.

My order from the classified arrived.
The EOS 3 I'm looking forward to trying the eye tracking AF, I'll need to get a fixed lens for it though can't be doing with zooms but It'll do for testing. Irritatingly I thought I had a battery to fit but I think its been packed away.

The Trip (snap) seems to be working but the aperture isn't opening I'll need to open the top and see if anything is gummed up.

The Trip (snap) seems to be working but the aperture isn't opening I'll need to open the top and see if anything is gummed up.

Cut my hands to ribbons trying to get one of the screws out of the side god knows what it was glued in with. Meter and assorted bits works fine so the aperture blades must be a bit sticky looks to be a fairly simple fix but it'll have to wait till after I move.

Considering I always say I'm not a massive fan of 35mm rangefinders, I've just bought a Yashica Lynx 14 :0). I've always fancied trying one and it looks to be in good condition. Guess I'll be selling the XA on once my new seals arrive from John Goodman!

Last edited:
I picked up a lovely looking Konica Auto S2 last week. Cosmetically very nice but it wont wind on, can I get the screws out to have a look inside? Can I bluddy heck as like....:mad:

Done it.... :banana:

Of course it is of no help whatsoever as I haven't the foggiest idea what I'm looking for :coat:

The problem was that the screw heads were so much narrower than even my jewellers screwdrivers. I think I need to find someone who knows about cameras, someone, perhaps, who likes messing about with them, testing himself if you will against the technology..... :naughty:

Yeah, that sounds like someone you want but don't need...I'm batman!

Is the winding arm not moving at all or is it just not cocking?

It moves a tiny bit but that seems to be taking up the slack.

Silly question but are you sure it's not wound on? S2 is fully automatic isn't it so it may be waiting for enough light or a battery to fire?

Ah.... you might have a point as there isnt a battery in it at the mo. It could be down to user stupidity then. :)

The S2 Auto is not fully automatic and the battery is to power the CDS meter only and will still function in manual without the battery,Just tried it out on mine.

Get your screwdrivers out ;0)

If the button is stuck in, remove the bottom plate by taking out the visible screws and you may see a ratchet on the cog around the rewind button. If it's like the XA I've just fixed you should be able to gently move that out of the way to free the cog and get the mechanism moving again.

Get your screwdrivers out ;0)

If the button is stuck in, remove the bottom plate by taking out the visible screws and you may see a ratchet on the cog around the rewind button. If it's like the XA I've just fixed you should be able to gently move that out of the way to free the cog and get the mechanism moving again.

Ratchets? Cogs? what are these things? :D

I did manage to remove the bottom plate last night so I'll have a look later and see if these things of which you speak exist. Ta! (y)

Back