OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Hopefully he's just enjoying the sunshine on his bike! If I lived in the south of France I know I would be...

Has anyone heard from @Asha lately? I was just looking at the FPOTY table and noticed he hasn't entered for a few months, and his last post was almost 2 months ago. Hopefully he's ok.

Although his last post said he's outta here, so perhaps he's just taking a break from the forum for a bit!

As far as I know, Asha is taking a permanent break from the forum, those that want can reach him via other means...
Of course, this is Asha ... so, he might just pop his head in again at some point, who knows.

Bit hysterical, if that's the case. Take the advice, move on...

Well guessing, maybe a female mod sent him a written warning o_O...I got one over something I thought was trivial and at the time felt like leaving and didn't post for a while.

Well guessing, maybe a female mod sent him a written warning o_O...I got one over something I thought was trivial and at the time felt like leaving and didn't post for a while.
I'd be surprised if that was the case, I didn't report it to anyone, just spoke to him directly. No need for mods to get involved really.

Anyone could pull someone up about sexist remarks, not just a female mod. However, knowing Asha well, I know his comment wasn't a serious accusation or derogatory comment but unfortunately, that doesn't always come across online. Hopefully he'll be back soon and will join up with another meet soon. I'm sure if Charlotte came to one too and met him, she would like him too ;0)

h'mm clack?
Looked it up and could be:-
Clack is a slang term for b******t which originated in south west london (Real Family)
1.Oi Fam Dun Gimme Da Clack!
2.Stop Clackin Before i Duppy you!

OR
A term for the throat. Often used in Yorkshire.
"Got something stuck in me clack!"

:D:D:D:D

h'mm clack?
Clack is a slang term for b******t which originated in south west london (Real Family)

OR

Looking at the negatives it may also be slang for " a seriously crappy camera that would be too crappy to enter into a crappy camera challenge " Just sayin' :D

h'mm clack?

OR

The name was used by Agfa for all their cheaper cameras - I think it refers to the simple shutter.

Looking at the negatives it may also be slang for " a seriously crappy camera that would be too crappy to enter into a crappy camera challenge " Just sayin' :D
The Clack is a great camera, great intro into MF.

The Clack is a great camera, great intro into MF.

Mmm, all bar one of the shots (a close up of me... :D) are blurred, very blurred. I think it may possibly be user error though, a tripod test will be conducted to rule out any fault with the camera.

The shutter speed on the clack is quite low though? There was somebody else saying they got a lot of blur when they used theirs. I think they reckoned it was probably 1/30th at best.

Mmm, all bar one of the shots (a close up of me... :D) are blurred, very blurred. I think it may possibly be user error though, a tripod test will be conducted to rule out any fault with the camera.
Handheld should be fine, this was handheld with Ilford PanF

Agfa Clack PanF-7 by Nick Watson, on Flickr

It appears to have a shutter speed of 1/30th so in inexperienced hands it could present a problem.

Just picked up a "sold as seen" Lomo LC-A and Olympus Trip on eBay for not much - I think the LC-A just needs a new battery. Not sure what to do with the Trip, it might become a donor camera for my other one, if I ever take it apart to loosen up the winding-on mechanism.

When the camera as new, the expectation was only contact prints would be made which would be very small and not show any camera shake or poor lens performance.

When the camera as new, the expectation was only contact prints would be made which would be very small and not show any camera shake or poor lens performance.

Wouldn't matter how small you made these you would still see the blurryness, it's obvious on the negative. I'll put a couple up later.

Straight from the scanner.

The only sharpish one and it does look quite good really.
Ice-Cream by Andy, on Flickr

And 2 that are anything but sharp.
img015 by Andy, on Flickr
img016 by Andy, on Flickr

There are only 3 settings; close up (3 to 10 feet); Cloudy which has an aperture of f16 and sunny with an aperture of f11. I'm thinking that maybe we did not pay enough attention to the settings and had most of them on close up, but I may be wrong. I'll risk another roll of fomapan through it but this time on a tripod.

I think the technical term in relation to the focus on that camera is 'out of plonk'. The nearest to 'in focus' you've got there are your hands and the ice cream cones, everything further back appears to be drifting increasingly out of focus.

Never mind, your photography trip could have been worse... you could have found this chap serving in the ice cream van (probably not suitable for worktime viewing):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCJ8kpNasV0

Last edited:
I think the technical term in relation to the focus on that camera is 'out of plonk'. The nearest to 'in focus' you've got there are your hands and the ice cream cones, everything further back appears to be drifting increasingly out of focus.

Never mind, your photography trip could have been worse... you could have found this chap serving in the ice cream van (probably not suitable for worktime viewing):

Spooky.... we have just been watching this series on dvd and watched this very episode this week.

This just made my morning. It's been far too long since I watched Life on Mars. Will have to dust off the box set.

"Throw down your weapons, you are surrounded by armed ba***rds"

Gene Hunt classic.

Back