OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

It is not a new toy, but I have just discovered that I have a Pentax Spotmatic! I have four Pentaxes (three of which I knew about) an SV, a Honeywell Spotmatic and a SP1000 and another one hidden at the back. I must have bought it several years ago - I certainly have not bought it this or last year - and have no recollection at all of buying it.
P1050292.jpeg

It is not a new toy, but I have just discovered that I have a Pentax Spotmatic! I have four Pentaxes (three of which I knew about) an SV, a Honeywell Spotmatic and a SP1000 and another one hidden at the back. I must have bought it several years ago - I certainly have not bought it this or last year - and have no recollection at all of buying it.
View attachment 239989

Is it possible that they’re pro-creating? :LOL:

I bought this today for £9.99 a Chinon 55mm f1.4 with an m42 mount. It has the flat rear element indicating it was made by or in conjunction with Tomioka and an almost identical lens is £129.99 on ebay. The one on ebay has a serial number about 700 below mine and has been declicked. IMG_20190326_154157.jpegIMG_20190326_153900.jpegIMG_20190326_154002.jpeg

I bought this today for £9.99 a Chinon 55mm f1.4 with an m42 mount. It has the flat rear element indicating it was made by or in conjunction with Tomioka and an almost identical lens is £129.99 on ebay. The one on ebay has a serial number about 700 below mine and has been declicked. View attachment 240685View attachment 240686View attachment 240687

That is a wonderful lens I have the same designed lens branded Auto Reflex and it is a very good performer either on film body or digital with adapter.

The price you paid is a steal,depending on the brand the lens carries it can range from £80.00 to £250.00. I have seen some offered at over £400.00 not sold of course.

That is a wonderful lens I have the same designed lens branded Auto Reflex and it is a very good performer either on film body or digital with adapter.

The price you paid is a steal,depending on the brand the lens carries it can range from £80.00 to £250.00. I have seen some offered at over £400.00 not sold of course.
That's because people are adapting them to digital and driving the prices up. I have a Chinon CE-II Memotron this could go on. If I don't take advantage of it's resale value that is. [emoji848]

That's because people are adapting them to digital and driving the prices up. I have a Chinon CE-II Memotron this could go on. If I don't take advantage of it's resale value that is. [emoji848]
OK it's on the Memotron, for now. IMG_20190401_215749.jpg

Very nice Shane, I had the same combo for a good while and they match up very well, it's a lovely, sharp lens.

Very nice indeed. I think Andy misses his,this combo is one of my go to kits for a day out.

Purchased a Canon Pixma Pro 100S printer from these forums as I haven't got the space anymore for a wet darkroom for printing.

Spent the last week and £100+ in ink & paper to get B+W prints giving tones I like both in tungsten/daylight & mixed lighting. Whilst B+W is easier in a wet darkroom than colour it is much more difficult when printing on a printer.

I ended up buying and X-rite i1 Studio printer profiler to make custom profiles for papers.

Now I'm delighted with the results both B+W & colour.

Everything 'in house' now from taking-developing-printing :)

Last edited:
I got these in the post today. The badges I got for their starting bid of £7.50. There are a couple of duplicates and I'm not sure what the Masoneilan one has to do with photography.

Japan Diffusion was apparently a distributor of photographic equipment and, going by their badge, anything electrical. Colour film too going by the Japan Color badge.

I haven't seen the Ars-Imago 320 before. Their site says "it's not a new emulsion but it's a film that isn't currently on the market". I have used their monobath, and I considered their lab-box but decided to buy Rondinaxes boxes instead.IMG_20190409_184108.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190409_184057.jpg
    IMG_20190409_184057.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20190409_184047.jpg
    IMG_20190409_184047.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 16
Well done! This is actually the only pinhole photograph I can recall seeing that I've liked.

Purchased a Canon Pixma Pro 100S printer from these forums as I haven't got the space anymore for a wet darkroom for printing.

Spent the last week and £100+ in ink & paper to get B+W prints giving tones I like both in tungsten/daylight & mixed lighting. Whilst B+W is easier in a wet darkroom than colour it is much more difficult when printing on a printer.

I ended up buying and X-rite i1 Studio printer profiler to make custom profiles for papers.

Now I'm delighted with the results both B+W & colour.

Everything 'in house' now from taking-developing-printing :)
I knew you'd end up seeing the light and buying some Canon photography kit in the end! ;) :exit:

My new Zero Image pinhole camera from @SlimShaney arrived about 10 this morning and was in action early afternoon. (phone snap)

View attachment 241872

Film goodness was provided by Acros in replenished Xtol this evening. :snaphappy:

View attachment 241873

I have been trying to think what/who this photograph reminded me of and although it does not have the same dynamic range(being a pinhole),if you look at some of the forest lake photographs by Ansel Adams I see definite similarities.

I have been trying to think what/who this photograph reminded me of and although it does not have the same dynamic range(being a pinhole),if you look at some of the forest lake photographs by Ansel Adams I see definite similarities.
Ah Richard, this has brought a broad smile to my face, so many thanks for that. It's a location I've photographed in the past, and I reckoned it would be a good place to try out the new camera, so that worked well. The light and lack of wind helped, so I guess I was lucky that it all came together. :)

The light and lack of wind helped, so I guess I was lucky that it all came together. :)
It just goes to show how we all approach photography differently, I like there to be a bit of breeze when I take Pinhole shots, I like to see the blur and movement.

It just goes to show how we all approach photography differently, I like there to be a bit of breeze when I take Pinhole shots, I like to see the blur and movement.
I'm happy enough to see movement in pinhole shots Nick, but I think the lack of it on this occasion has worked with this particular scene. Apart from trying out the camera, I was also doing a recce for Pinhole Day in a fortnight and have been wondering what this scene would be like with wind and movement, so I might well find out then. ;)

That packaging looks pretty modern compared to the roll I've got in the bottom of my fridge. (y)

I know. 2008 expiry for £4/roll. I hope I got a bargain :)

I have to admit it is good! Just it looks ugly though
No, ugly was explored with the Canon T70 and the T80 with auto focus lens... anything after that was aesthetically pleasing by comparison! :giggle: Since you've broken the Nikon spell I assume you'll be looking for a mint condition Canon EOS 30 or EOS-3 next, so you can experience first-hand the long forgotten alchemy of eye-controlled focus. ;)

Hi Fraser,

Not yet but will be in the coming couple of weeks.

Still enjoying shooting with this house brick which amazingly for some one with gorilla sized hands, sits perfectly.

Not wanting to get embowered in the "Best ever camera debate", but owning most of the F series Nikons (except the over priced & overrated F6) the F3 is a hard act to follow....:D

On the premise that the best camera is the one you actually have with you ... this might qualify sometime. Not only a 'toy' but cheap too at the car boot.

20190414_162637.jpg

Went to a camera fair in Frome today and there were a few cool cameras to fondle. Been lusting after a Rolleicord V for the past couple of months but spotted this tidy looking Minolta Autocord for sale. I adopted it and it's come home to live with me :D

View attachment 242327

Looks Nice Carl - you can join in the Rollie Vs Minolta Vs Yashica comp later this year! :D

I've always admired the Autocords but I've never owned one. Various Rolleis and Yashicas; Semflex and Flexaret and even a Seagull 4A but never the Autocord.

Back