OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Since my last post I've added an Olympus OM-1, 50mm f1.4 and 35mm f2.8 lenses to my Olympus collection. I've been spending a lot of time using these cameras lately shooting black & white and colour. I'm going to have to have a go at colour processing sometime.

I'm also waiting for a black OM-1 to arrive. It's also a Pre-MD model like this one.IMG_20200522_203231.jpgIMG_20200522_164851.jpg

I have added to my growing collection of fixed lens range finders with this Japanese Beauty LightOmatic III. very solidly made and all works well. Just needs the light seals replacing before I can try it out.
20200603_181740.jpg20200603_181803.jpg

I've just taken delivery of three 20th Century Cameras spirals, two for 5x7 film and one for 5x4. They thoughtfully made them in different colours, so you can identify which is which in the dark...

I have added to my growing collection of fixed lens range finders with this Japanese Beauty LightOmatic III. very solidly made and all works well. Just needs the light seals replacing before I can try it out.
View attachment 281570View attachment 281571
I have a Light-O-Matic, lovely camera and worth buying just for the name alone. Mine needs stripping down as the grease has gone a little hard, maybe I’ll have a crack myself.

Arrived today.

Holds a maximum five 5x4 holders although it is rare that I carry that many.

Will save grovelling around in the kit bag or my pockets for the holders .

Looks to be reasonable quality even if a little expensive for what it is.

Hopefully I’ll find it beneficial.

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

I have the PhotoBackpacker version of that (holds 6 though) and I find it pretty useful. The 10x8 version holds three. Yours looks a lot quicker to work out of since mine has zips for each compartment, and it looks like you can attach any strap you like to it.

Three 10x8 holders make a fair sized package!

And speaking of 10x8 holders, I've just got another.

Arrived today.

Holds a maximum five 5x4 holders although it is rare that I carry that many.

Will save grovelling around in the kit bag or my pockets for the holders .

Looks to be reasonable quality even if a little expensive for what it is.

Hopefully I’ll find it beneficial.

View attachment 283127

View attachment 283128

View attachment 283129

View attachment 283130

View attachment 283131
Blimey, you've got the matching bag... there's only the hat to get now! ;)

Perhaps something like this might suit sir, coupled with a black cape of suitable mid-length cut? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Topshop-...073253?hash=item342a208365:g:7A8AAOSwYE9e5gSy

:giggle:

Last edited:
I’ve never used an LC-A before, but have always fancied trying one. I saw this Lomo Zenith last week for a reasonable price so decided to give it a go.

Adjustments.JPG

It’s in pretty tidy condition, and the meter works well (the red leds in the viewfinder a pretty blinding!), although I’ll probably need to fit new seals soon. I figured it’s worth putting a roll of expired Porta 160 through to see if I like it!

I’ve never used an LC-A before, but have always fancied trying one. I saw this Lomo Zenith last week for a reasonable price so decided to give it a go.

View attachment 283188

It’s in pretty tidy condition, and the meter works well (the red leds in the viewfinder a pretty blinding!), although I’ll probably need to fit new seals soon. I figured it’s worth putting a roll of expired Porta 160 through to see if I like it!
Great little cameras, really good on a tripod and low light thanks to the shutter speed that goes to 2 minutes.

Received this a few days ago...

Helios 44K 1.jpg

Helios 44K 2.jpg

Quite a nice-looking Helios 44K-4, with K mount, from the Czech Republic. It took a very long time to arrive, but appears to be in good condition. The 44K is a later version, 6-bladed apperture rather than the 13 (?) blades of the very first one. It's on the MX loaded with P30 at the moment; through the viewfinder I have seen some nice smooth bokeh though no signs of swirliness. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Not a bad price for the lens, stupid price for delivery... :(

(Sorry about this @nandbytes , IIRC you're selling a couple that I can't buy now!)

Took a gamble and just bought a Canon fd 20mm for £82 inc post...it was a gamble because there was only one picture (not even of the lens elements) and all the guy said was "no clouding". I'm suspicious what could be wrong with it as the guy is not a newbie with feedback 100% @ 983 and sells other camera gear at times like a blad lens etc so watch this space and some pics taken with it....if it looks ok.
Now I wonder how much I could get for my rare Canon 19mm lens, very sharp except some parts in the shot seem OOF.....:(

Took a gamble and just bought a Canon fd 20mm for £82 inc post...it was a gamble because there was only one picture (not even of the lens elements) and all the guy said was "no clouding". I'm suspicious what could be wrong with it as the guy is not a newbie with feedback 100% @ 983 and sells other camera gear at times like a blad lens etc so watch this space and some pics taken with it....if it looks ok.
Now I wonder how much I could get for my rare Canon 19mm lens, very sharp except some parts in the shot seem OOF.....:(

Well received today and looking through the lens it has strand fungus (not mentioned by the seller)o_O..can't see exactly where as it's not on the front or rear element.....anyway fungus has to be very bad to affect the quality of shot, so tested the lens on a Nex 3 and the pics seem to be OK when cropping, so now to test on film erm let's use the T70 ;)
Some you win and some you lose.

Well received today and looking through the lens it has strand fungus (not mentioned by the seller)o_O..can't see exactly where as it's not on the front or rear element.....anyway fungus has to be very bad to affect the quality of shot, so tested the lens on a Nex 3 and the pics seem to be OK when cropping, so now to test on film erm let's use the T70 ;)
Some you win and some you lose.

Well lets see if I'm lucky..the fungus seems to be on the next lens element down from the front element so am looking for something to unscrew the retaining ring (that holds the front element in place), there are £5 rubber ones on the bay but say "for removing filters" so would be another gamble as the front element protudes quite away out so the rubber removal tool would have to be quite hollow to clear the protruding front lens. Other ideas would be to use about 60mm dia rubber washer used in plumbing and some tubing (maybe rough wood) to grip the rubber washer.
Yeah I know send the lens to Miles but I could save £50.......o_O

Well lets see if I'm lucky..the fungus seems to be on the next lens element down from the front element so am looking for something to unscrew the retaining ring (that holds the front element in place), there are £5 rubber ones on the bay but say "for removing filters" so would be another gamble as the front element protudes quite away out so the rubber removal tool would have to be quite hollow to clear the protruding front lens. Other ideas would be to use about 60mm dia rubber washer used in plumbing and some tubing (maybe rough wood) to grip the rubber washer.
Yeah I know send the lens to Miles but I could save £50.......o_O
Why don't you just reject the lens as it has a fault that wasn't mentioned Brian? I can understand fixing a bootie or charity shop bargain, but £82 is a lot more.

Why don't you just reject the lens as it has a fault that wasn't mentioned Brian? I can understand fixing a bootie or charity shop bargain, but £82 is a lot more.

Well yes but that lens with no fungus is selling for £170 to £230 in the sold listings on the bay...I missed the boat in the past by not getting it a lot cheaper. :crying:
Why the "fuss" about 20mm lens? Well in my opinion once you use a 20mm or 19mm lens you won't use your 24mm or 28mm much.

Well, I’m in the gang :cool:

Just bought a Pentax Super ME with 50mm f2 lens - something to play with (y)

Will need some film oh, and might spring for a wider/faster lens too :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 284743

Well I can always find some thing to moan about many of my cameras and for the ME super it's the fiddly selection switch other than that you should like it....erm well if you don't have gorilla's hands o_O;)

I have just taken delivery of an OrionWerk plate camera - it take 9 by 12 cm plates. Doubt that I can get 9 by 12 film to fit, so this is just for interest. It came with a home-made roll-film adapter.
P1010968.jpegP1010973.jpeg

9x12 film is still made, and 9x12 film holders can be sourced. If it needs plate holders, would a 5x4 plate holder fit it?

I have just taken delivery of an OrionWerk plate camera - it take 9 by 12 cm plates. Doubt that I can get 9 by 12 film to fit, so this is just for interest. It came with a home-made roll-film adapter.
View attachment 287385View attachment 287386

If you need help sourcing 9x12 accessories , just give me a shout as living on the continent I come across that format regularly [emoji6]

I just checked the Harman site, and 9x12 FP4 is there - not even as a once a year special size. I just got some 13x18 off the shelf from them, so the continental sizes are alive and well.

Back