OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

And what is more, I specifically purchased my XD11 because of the rather cool retro looking Rookor PF 58mm f1.4 on the front, and was hoping to find some brown snakeskin or similar to retrim it and attach an appropriately trendy 70s strap...

:D

I'll be buying an Iphone next:LOL:

And what is more, I specifically purchased my XD11 because of the rather cool retro looking Rookor PF 58mm f1.4 on the front, and was hoping to find some brown snakeskin or similar to retrim it and attach an appropriately trendy 70s strap...

:D

I'll be buying an Iphone next:LOL:

Ooooh... a bit like this...

Exactly like that only with this lens for the true vintage look.

COuld only find black leatherette at a resaonable price though so I'll settle for that for now.

the xd11 arrived today, my god that lens weighs a ton!

P1000156.jpg

It also came with some weird screw in metal lens caps and a UV filter with no glass in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking i kind of need to get another M42 body after i completely broke my ST605n. Maybe a Spotmatic...

Sorry if this is in the completely wrong section, but what is the genuine flash system for the Hasselblad 500C/M? Its like the Metz but I am pretty sure I have seen an actual genuine Hasselblad flash for them before...

Sorry if this is in the completely wrong section, but what is the genuine flash system for the Hasselblad 500C/M? Its like the Metz but I am pretty sure I have seen an actual genuine Hasselblad flash for them before...

You mean this ? - Proflash 4504 ??

Thats the exact one I seen, does that work with the 500C/M?

I sold a mint one on here a few months ago. Basically its a Metz 45CT4 with an additional connector on the side of the head.

Only works with the 503CX, 503CW, 503CXi, 500ELX and 553ELX plus the 205TCC (and other 200 series bodies) in OTF TTL mode but will work in Auto with the others body.

Oh dear, i just bought a Fujica STX-1 with a 55mm lens for £11 on fleabay, will post some photos when it gets here. Might have a crack at a 52 when i get back to uni (from feb to feb) :D

My latest additions; a mint condition black Canonet G-III 17 and partnering Canolite D flash

BJG_8986.jpg

Ben - that's the first thing I've seen in here for a while (including all the "exotica" like MF etc.) that's actually made me say "Awww.... I want one of those!" - looks fantastic (y)

Thanks guys. I don't know if it has actually ever seen much use, if any. It came with an unopened mercury battery in the box and the original protective sheet over the film gate.

I'm very pleasantly surprised as I bought it off eBay from a new user with zero feedback and a cruddy picture of just the box as a bit of a gamble for less than sixty quid. The case looks good but is too fragile for regular use so I've ordered a "new" one off eBay to take it out and about with.

It just shows there are still bargains to had, even from ebay. I picked up a Nikon F4 from a zero feedback ebayer about 18 months ago for a very reasonable price ;)

And it should go straight into the 'What beauties do you have?' thread, it really is a cracker.

Last edited:
Thought I should post my new toys here too seeing as I've been lucky with bargains recently!

1) Olympus OM-10 - Not exactly rare but I won it for £3.99 as a faulty shutter. When it arrived it was pretty much mint apart from the on/off dial being a little bit loose and the stuck shutter. I removed the bottom plate and poked the shutter arm and it fired and has done ever since :0). I've just fitted new seals and I'm ready to go as I've already got an OM 50/1.8 and 28/2.8 that I use on my GF1.

http://flic.kr/p/bapHXi

2) Olympus 35RC Rangefinder - Today's bargain from a mate of mine. He bought it as faulty from a house clearance for £10 and gave it to me because he had no use for it? The shutter was cocked and self timer set but it wouldn't fire. It hasn't got a battery but was set to auto mode so refused to fire...I set it to manual mode and it fired first time! I've fitted new seals tonight and cleaned the body/leather and am loving it. It's even come with an original chrome Olympus skylight filter :0)

http://flic.kr/p/bbTHAV

As soon as I've run a film through them I'll upload some here.

Cheers
Steve

Just seen an olympus OM4ti with 50mm F1.8 & winder,not great con,but not to bad as well,they want £180 for the lot,sold as seen.

What do you think,any pitfall I should be looking for in the OM4ti.

Does Kodak HIE count as a new toy? Just had a splurge on a roll (damn right cheap at £25!)

Will make for an immense cockup interesting shoot!

Does Kodak HIE count as a new toy? Just had a splurge on a roll (damn right cheap at £25!)

Will make for an immense cockup interesting shoot!

Then make sure you get a Wratten 87C (~850 -900nm) IR filter to go with it - HIE was the only IR film to have sensitivity to that degree and it looks like no other film ever will. Looking at images shot with it and an 87C, it looks very dramatic...

Hopefully I might get a roll cheap one day....

Last edited:
Wow... it hurt me to pay £4.85 a roll for Neopan 1600, let alone what you paid.

I know, I have screws loose! :LOL:

Then make sure you get a Wratten 87C (~850 -900nm) IR filter to go with it - HIE was the only IR film to have sensitivity to that degree and it looks like no other film ever will. Looking at images shot with it and an 87C, it looks very dramatic...

Hopefully I might get a roll cheap one day....

I might just stick to 720nm for now, since I have no clue how it will turn out in Caffenol, or even if I'm going to get anything useable with it. How do I make sure my pressure plates won't affect the image?

Deckard, Wow!!! That is an incredible find. I haven't seen a black one before and to get the full kit in that condition.

I used to have a standard silver version but sold it a few years ago. The purchaser was a semi pro mountain photographer who also used a film leica and slr (maybe Oly). After getting used to the Canonet he said that it had become his standard choice over the others.

My old Canonet.

canonet.jpg

Must have been a few months ago now, but i don't think i've shared it on here. Somebody was giving away a pretty much full Praktica BCA kit, so (who wouldn't ;)) i put my hand up. Great guy, wouldn't even accept anything for the postage. Kit seems in great condition, haven't souped anything from it yet but i'll take more pictures of it later. In the mean time, here's a 'teaser':

Hmm, quite impressed with this C5050 for a 'whim' purchase...

409228_3085547378548_1259797934_33265137_330021096_n.jpg

Needs a new mirror and some screws, and it's good to go

Must have been a few months ago now, but i don't think i've shared it on here. Somebody was giving away a pretty much full Praktica BCA kit, so (who wouldn't ;)) i put my hand up. Great guy, wouldn't even accept anything for the postage. Kit seems in great condition, haven't souped anything from it yet but i'll take more pictures of it later. In the mean time, here's a 'teaser':

Hmm, quite impressed with this C5050 for a 'whim' purchase...

Cool - I'm glad to hear that you took the guy up on the offer.
Happy snapping!

Back