OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

They look like jelly moulds

:D
Now don't let your jealousy make you rude! :D

Snip:
That EOS 3 is a whopper..

It is when it's got that power grip fitted, which turns it into an eye-controlled monster that eats film at over 7 frames per second! Joking aside, that grip also gives full functionality when shooting in portrait format due to the duplicated mode selector dial and shutter button (which can be switched on or off as required). Despite the apparent bulk, it's a nice neat and ergonomic design.

Last edited:
So, back to more important matters...i.e MEDIUM FORMAT

Look what the postie delivered today

Makita 645 by Andy, on Flickr

Now, there is a problem. The un-lensed body has completely fried electronics but perfect mechanics and the lensed body has perfect electronics and a mechanical problem. The mirror does not go all the way up after the shutter is fired, I've tried all the usual methods to fix it but to no avail, anyone have any thoughts as to a fix otherwise they will both have to go off to Miles so that one can be a donor for the other.
It was advertised as in this condition so I won't be sending them back but the lens on its own is worth more than the purchase price so I'm not going to lose out.

Hot off the 3D printer (I know they are purple but I have quite a bit of that filament to spare, only have a giant purple Moomin troll to print in that for my Great-neice).

On the left my design for a roller holder for my old, old, original Jobo CPE (that's the red one without room for bottles) that will let it take 1500 series tanks. On the right my design of a replacement magnet for my 1510 tank - uses 4 extra strong pill sized magnets inside the printed part, secures to the tank with M3 screws. This means that I can use the CPE for a quick B&W session rather than setting up and filling the CPE2.

PSX_20181106_183705.jpg

jmag2.0.JPG

Last edited:
@Woodsy is this the same model you repaired with that table in the Lakes? :D

I went to a car boot last Thursday and spent £20 on a Yashica FX-3, an Instax 100 and a Polaroid 320 Land camera. £10 for the Yashica and £5 each for each of the others.

On Saturday I bought a Minolta Maxxum 450si Panorama Date for £5 from Cash Converters. It had a sign saying no charger and a dead 2CR5, maybe someone thought it was an old digital because of the data back. It has the Minolta 35-80mm lens included.

Sadly not chap. The model I have is the 645 super.

Is this a purchase after having played with my 645, per chance? :D

Basically yes, this is all your fault and will almost certainly lead to me getting increasingly deeper in debt to feed my growing Mamiya addiction......:eek::D

Sadly not chap. The model I have is the 645 super.

Is this a purchase after having played with my 645, per chance? :D
Basically yes, this is all your fault and will almost certainly lead to me getting increasingly deeper in debt to feed my growing Mamiya addiction......:eek::D
Flippin eck @Woodsy he doesn't need any encouragement to waste money. Stop it!! :mad:;)

Err, now excuse’eh’moi! I put it down in a completely non-suggestive manner, not even slightly in front of him, and I walked away to have a perfectly innocent and scholarly conversation about evening headware. I returned shortly to find it in his hands, avec drool! I promptly relived him of it, before reminding him of the well known tool, the table, that I had to repair it with.

I believe that absolves me of all responsibility.

Last edited:
I keep thinking about one of those Mamiya or Bronica peer down on type medium format SLRs, although a Fuji 6x9 is tempting too (I have hands like coal shovels so shouldn't find one too big). Fortunately, I know bugger all about any of them... and I'm trying my hardest to keep it that way, but these sort of posts aren't helping! :runaway:

..and don't forget the T90
Don't know what people see in these - they rank amongst the ugliest cameras, whilst being hardly the worst in that respect.

To me Nikon F series cameras as far as the F3, extended into the FM series, are the epitome of slr design. They just look as functional as hell, and they are. No prettiness s***. Nothing unnecessary. Tools for a job. Good in the hand.

I keep thinking about one of those Mamiya or Bronica peer down on type medium format SLRs, although a Fuji 6x9 is tempting too (I have hands like coal shovels so shouldn't find one too big).
I feel that you've got to go there, just to find out. The reflexes are complex animals and you have to be armed with the instruction manual at least to start with. The rangefinder style is maybe more accessible, but the vf experience is obviously not the same as a ttl design.

What might you do with the results - scan them?

I believe that absolves me of all responsibility.

I do too

I believe he bought a drill and was sent by accident two broken cameras.
This he considers to be luck rather than error, and is weaving a web of deception to make them keepers without having to do the washing up for a month.
The evidence is clear

Makita 645 by Andy, on Flickr

the listing image

10oioht.jpg

I rest my case.

:)

Don't know what people see in these - they rank amongst the ugliest cameras

Well if you are going to have 4.5 frames per sec with two motor drives and four AA batteries then how can you make the T90 smaller and neater..AAMOI the F4 body is appx 290g heavier than the T90 body.

Snip:
If they're anything like most of the stuff I capture on film then I'd probably put them gently into the bin! ;)
I so wish I could not understand this.

Eventually after browsing what had seemed like for two weeks decided on a Minolta XM w/ AE Prism and 50mm f/1.4 from West Yorkshire Cameras. Having a hard time now deciding what film to order decisions decisions. :)

A camera that I really liked the look of when it first came out (I was looking to change systems at the time), but eventually decided against it. I did consider the WYC one myself, so I'm glad that temptation has been removed :D

A camera that I really liked the look of when it first came out (I was looking to change systems at the time), but eventually decided against it. I did consider the WYC one myself, so I'm glad that temptation has been removed :D

There will be something else to tempt you iam sure, resistance it seems is futile. :)

I thought digital was difficult to choose from the amount of film cameras are just off the scale.

..and would be interesting to know if anyone in the world has a complete collection of cameras of every type and makes (ignoring the one off oddities) say from the last hundred years...h'mm then there were lenses :eek: Anyway if you (or anyone reading) know what you want a film camera for, then we can narrow it down to a short list.

..and would be interesting to know if anyone in the world has a complete collection of cameras of every type and makes (ignoring the one off oddities) say from the last hundred years...h'mm then there were lenses :eek: Anyway if you (or anyone reading) know what you want a film camera for, then we can narrow it down to a short list.

Here you go Brian.

View: https://vimeo.com/179100446

Talking of cameras from the 1960s, has anyone else seen or used one of these? It's a Pentina 35mm SLR from around 1964 (originally bought by my Dad, it became my first 'proper' camera when I was 15). It still works if handled carefully but apparently very few of them do and they have a reputation for being difficult to work on so most repairers don't want to touch one. It produced some very nice results in its day so I'll probably give it an airing at one of the F&C meets some time. I was wondering if anyone else had one? Sorry about the rather crappy photo.

Yes I have one I got for £5 from a flea market. A great little camera I don't use enough. I did mean to buy some extra lenses but never got around to it.

Today I got this Canon Sure Shot Multi Tele from a car boot sale for £2.00. It was only after reading a blog post about it that I found out that it shoots full or half frame with a choice of 35mm f3.5 or 60mm f5.6. These change to 50mm and 85mm in half frame.

IMG_20181110_173325.jpg

It has a film loaded which, when I inserted a battery, said 0 frames had been shot, but I suspect there's no backup battery. It is set on full frame and the switch is internal, maybe I will just do a mid-roll rewind and put in a roll of HP5 or FP4.

It's a bit odd in that the cover only opens when you push the shutter button and closes as soon as the picture is taken, but I guess that means the lens is protected. It couldn't be called quiet though. The act of opening the door, sending the lens out, taking the picture, retracting the lens and closing the door can sound a bit like someone grinding the gears on a car.

new toy time, wanted an auto focus 35mm compact to play with and love the classic look to this. the 120mm great condition apart from a rubbish bellows repair, I think ive made it light leak proof but time will tell. if I enjoy using it I think I will try to find someone to fit new bellows for me IMG_20181201_180812.jpg IMG_20181201_180851.jpg

Last edited:
Back