OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Just a Tip, this needs a film advanced or the spool turned by hand before the shutter will operate.
It doesn't. It might be that it is supposed to, but it doesn't. It does need the film in place to reset the film advance - manually pretending to be the film does not work for this, I am not sure why.

As always with old cameras, use will help the parts to behave properly. He says!

Last edited:
It doesn't. It might be that it is supposed to, but it doesn't. It does need the film in place to reset the film advance - manually pretending to be the film does not work for this, I am not sure why.

As always with old cameras, use will help the parts to behave properly. He says!
Sorry to hear that only i have the same camera and i turn the take up spool until it clicks and that allows me to fire the shutter, any way good luck with it (y)

Well, the 1V dream is not meant to be. Within maybe a dozen actuations, the camera decided it would eat it's own shutter.

The retailer has been very good and refunded after inspection and the other retailer I got the lens from has agreed to take it back (they didn't have to , nothing wrong with it). So the 35L will be back in the post tomorrow. :(

I've just spent the same on this from a charity shop. Everything works perfectly, the mask is still there and the bellows look good. The case has a broken strap lug and they stuck the label on with sellotape so there's a few bits missing where I took about 10 minutes peeling off the tape. It has the Helionar 105/3.5 lens and it had a roll of Ilford Panchromatic still inside.IMG_20200229_140328.jpg

Last edited:
I've just spent the same on this from a charity shop. Everything works perfectly, the mask is still there and the bellows look good. The case has a broken strap lug and they stuck the label on with sellotape so there's a few bits missing where I took about 10 minutes peeling off the tape. It has the Helionar 105/3.5 lens and it had a roll of Ilford Panchromatic still inside.View attachment 270157
Are you going to process the found film?

At some point, it's FP3 so it could date from anytime between 1942 and 1968. I can't imagine why the camera would be unused for 52 years, never mind 78.

It might have been used quite recently.
It’s only a few years since that I exposed a roll of film that expired back in the 1940’s

I just added a couple of bits, Bronica and Canon.

View attachment 270249
I got mine a while back from a Cash Converters. It came with the metered prism finder, speed grip and four lenses. The lenses were the 50/3.5 S, 110/4 PS, 150/4 PS and the 250/5.6 S.

There were lots of extras in a backpack like spare backs (4), a chimney finder, film, a 2x teleconverter, lens hoods and a tripod spacer. I added a Polaroid back and a 220 back as there were 5 rolls of FP4 in 220 too. I have an extra 50/3.5 S in its lens case too.

It cost me £400 from Cash Converters for over £1000 worth of gear and I travel everywhere by bus so it's really impractical for me.tapatalk_1510532551139.jpgtapatalk_1510532519735.jpg

I should have a new camera to unveil here but have been badly let down by MWClassic.
Camera ordered and paid for on the 30th January still not arrived despite my prompts and their promises. :(

I should have a new camera to unveil here but have been badly let down by MWClassic.
Camera ordered and paid for on the 30th January still not arrived despite my prompts and their promises. :(

Mixed feedbackwith MWClassic.
I’ve only purchased from them once. The delivery service was ok although the camera model that arrived was not as advertised
The differences were minimal so instead of the hassles of returning, I chose to keep it.
Issues with them however seem to be quite regular.

Mixed feedbackwith MWClassic.
I’ve only purchased from them once. The delivery service was ok although the camera model that arrived was not as advertised
The differences were minimal so instead of the hassles of returning, I chose to keep it.
Issues with them however seem to be quite regular.

Yep, I did see that but took a chance as it wasn't a large value item. I'll call again on Monday and see if there is any progress, if not I'll be asking for a refund.

What's the Canon F4 like...? Interested in getting one for the A-1

Nice, not as heavy as you might think. I had one ages ago and sold it when I was going digital, in fact I sold loads of kit Canon and Bronica that I have now re-bought. I kept one of my F1ns with 24, 35, 50, 85 and 135 lenses out of sentimentality and haven't hardly used the kit in years. I may start to use it again but I am mainly using Bronica SQ-Ai kit for film these days and Leica M2/MP which I find easier to focus with wider lenses than the Canon. I have shot the 300 with adapter on my Fuji X-T2 with 2x converter and it was good so it becomes my long reach lens for the X-T2.

Nice, not as heavy as you might think. I had one ages ago and sold it when I was going digital, in fact I sold loads of kit Canon and Bronica that I have now re-bought. I kept one of my F1ns with 24, 35, 50, 85 and 135 lenses out of sentimentality and haven't hardly used the kit in years. I may start to use it again but I am mainly using Bronica SQ-Ai kit for film these days and Leica M2/MP which I find easier to focus with wider lenses than the Canon. I have shot the 300 with adapter on my Fuji X-T2 with 2x converter and it was good so it becomes my long reach lens for the X-T2.
Thanks...I'll keep an eye out for a decent copy. I have an XT2 as well, so it's good to see the image taken with it.

There was quite a lot of purple fringing probably more to do with the 2x converter than the lens but it was easy to remove in Lightroom.
Not too bothered about fringing, as you say it's easy to remove in Lightroom.

Today's outing netted me this Makinon 300mm f5.6 in Contax/Yashica mount for £14.99. It makes a nice light combination, well it feels light after carrying my Nikkormat EL around.

I also got an Olympus Mju 1 for £10 (with manual), an Olympus OM lens hood for the 35 and 50mm lenses, the metal version like new in box for £4.00 and a Sekonic L86 for £4.00. IMG_20200303_174522.jpg

Just picked up a mint, Boxed Canon A1 with a Mint 50mm F1.4 from my local camera shop..

Recently cleaned, new seals, even has the protective base cover :love:

Made in April '82

Attachments

• 87797283_2732789243442335_738448209831002112_o.jpg
    87797283_2732789243442335_738448209831002112_o.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 87628383_2732789093442350_4873366156590710784_o.jpg
    87628383_2732789093442350_4873366156590710784_o.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 88184816_2732788996775693_8202466707256639488_o.jpg
    88184816_2732788996775693_8202466707256639488_o.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 31
It's odd: I normally like black finish on a camera but I find that Canon F* and A* cameras look so much better in chrome. Just attracted to shiny things I suppose :sulk:

Camera Canon film cameras with Tamron lenses P1030467.JPG

While I was on holiday the latest addition to my latest 35mm half-frame menagerie arrived.
It's the Canon Sure-Shot Multi-Tele. It had been (mis-)described on our favourite auction site as just a Sure Shot, so I got it within my miserly budget (it cost me £12 including postage - the going rate seems to start at double that)
It's an ugly thing, but clean, and appears to work in both modes (full & half frame) although what the quality will be like only time will tell.

While I was on holiday the latest addition to my latest 35mm half-frame menagerie arrived.
It's the Canon Sure-Shot Multi-Tele. It had been (mis-)described on our favourite auction site as just a Sure Shot, so I got it within my miserly budget (it cost me £12 including postage - the going rate seems to start at double that)
It's an ugly thing, but clean, and appears to work in both modes (full & half frame) although what the quality will be like only time will tell.
I have one too, though I'm still working through my first 72 frames. I got mine from a charity shop or car boot for a couple of pounds. I spent a few minutes wondering how to open it until I realised that the lens only comes out when you take a photo.

This Contax 137MA arrived today. It's not in fantastic condition but it works. I changed the green leather that someone seems to have put over the old leather for this red snakeskin leatherette from Milly's Cameras.

I already have a 137MD, that's where I'm borrowing the lens from.IMG_20200306_225819.jpg

Ooh, let us know what it's like, I've fancied having one of these for a while.

Just pulled the trigger on a XA2 - looking forward to having a smaller P&S camera than the rather large and ugly bricks I currently have...

I love my XA2.
In many ways it's the best camera I own.

In case you don't know -

Head shot focus setting - 3' - 6' with 4' optimal

Couple - 6' - 16' with 9' optimal

Mountain - 16' - infinity with 39' optimal.

I may be a little while.... I'm still trying to get through a film on a Ricoh Half (now that's a weird one - clockwork motor and all!)
At least I've discovered what 24 exposure films are good for!
Thanks - I'll wait!! I've got a Ricoh Half, unfortunately it didn't work when it arrived from America. It's a lovely looking thing though. My first roll through an an Agat 18k got me 87 frames!!
Now I'm developing my own b&w I'm re-spooling 36 exp into 3 cassettes. 12ish full frame in a half frame is perfect.

Afrer a few glasses of wine this evening i have added to my collection. Leica SL with 50mm Summicron R from WYC. Iam having this delivered to work, i can then bring back in my work bag without a box. My wife came back early from work this morning and found me opening up a Yashica T compact a bit battered with a broken flash but i explained it was spares or repair. Its hard juggling all of these cameras and what possibly could go wrong. :)

The two of you in self isolation for three weeks... and one careless slip during casual conversation! :eek: :bat:

;)

Thinking about it we work in quite high risk areas so that is a possibility, iam sure my hiding places for receipts has been gone through as well. I think secrectly my wife knows they all know really its what they let us get away with. Then again finding x2 packets of baby wipes this week gave me as much excitement as receiving x2 rolls Acros 100. The times we live in :)

Then again finding x2 packets of baby wipes this week gave me as much excitement as receiving x2 rolls Acros 100. The times we live in :)
I found an almost full packet of anti-bacterial wipes in the cupboard under the sink today... treasure! Apart from anti-bacterial wipes won't work on viruses, plus they are probably about 5 years old... they still smell lemon fresh, so what could possibly go wrong? :hungover:

Back