OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

I found an almost full packet of anti-bacterial wipes in the cupboard under the sink today... treasure! Apart from anti-bacterial wipes won't work on viruses, plus they are probably about 5 years old... they still smell lemon fresh, so what could possibly go wrong? :hungover:

There is nothing better than finding treasure like that, lemon fresh fills with me confidence that it will get the job done with a very little fuss. At least 99.9 % of the germs will be gone but then again then there could be a sliding scale due to their age. :)

There is nothing better than finding treasure like that, lemon fresh fills with me confidence that it will get the job done with a very little fuss. At least 99.9 % of the germs will be gone but then again then there could be a sliding scale due to their age. :)
Well, if the toilet paper does run out it's got to be cheaper than using the 25 rolls of Acros 120 I have in the freezer! :giggle:

As you say... crazy times!

Well that is the Leica SL and 50mm F2.0 R cancelled as WYC have already sold it in error to another customer. Very disappointing. I am awaiting an email back from them about the Contax III A w/ Zeiss 1.5 Sonnar.

I picked up this Exa V6 and a Canonet for £50 today. It's the first model Canonet. The Exa works on all speeds. I also bought a Yashica AIII 8mm camera, though I'm not entirely sure why. Probably because it was only £10.IMG_20200321_203640.jpg

The Exa version 6 is one of my favourite cameras. Mine is very corroded but works well enough with its limited shutter. I have some excellent lenses for it which I bought for my Exakta Varex II.

So still no reply back from WYC about my refund or my enquiry for the contax iiia, phone line was constantly engaged this afternoon as well. iam beginning to think that this purchase was cursed from the out. I shall cut my loses and wait it out for a few months before i attempt another purchase.

The Exa version 6 is one of my favourite cameras. Mine is very corroded but works well enough with its limited shutter. I have some excellent lenses for it which I bought for my Exakta Varex II.
I think I bought a Varex IIb a long time ago but the lens was seized up. I never got around to getting a lens for it. I guess I have one now.

I was planning on shooting some Fomapan in the Exa this week. It does have a few small lines of fungus in the lens but not much.

We had an Exa IIb at school in the 1960s. It was generally easy to book it out because very few people wanted to have anything to do with the thing. Personally I couldn't find anything to fault in it. The basic Exa on the other hand always struck me as a good attempt at making the world's least lovable camera. :naughty:

Last edited:
Exas and Exaktas are the best cameras for left handed people. The shutter release is on the left and the Exaktas have the film advance lever in the left as well.
I can not see anything to not like about them.

erm what about the top shutter speed is low?
1/150 seconds is fast enough for anyone! (That is the Exa V6, Exa II is faster at 1/175 and the Exakta Varex II is much faster).

Afrer a few glasses of wine this evening i have added to my collection. Leica SL with 50mm Summicron R from WYC. Iam having this delivered to work, i can then bring back in my work bag without a box. My wife came back early from work this morning and found me opening up a Yashica T compact a bit battered with a broken flash but i explained it was spares or repair. Its hard juggling all of these cameras and what possibly could go wrong. :)
Just keep practicing this phrase

“what this old thing? I’ve had it for ages”

“what this old thing? I’ve had it for ages”
...or the ever popular: "don't you remember buying it for me when we were in [insert appropriate location here]".

(To be used with caution) :naughty:

I got a shoe-mountable rangefinder the other day. I don't need it for most cameras, which are either auto-focus or have easy to use and reliable manual focus screens, but I thought it would be useful for accurately nailing focus (especially close-up) on zone focus cameras like my Holga or Olympus Trip. I'm not terrible at doing it by eye but, you know, it's a new toy. :D

20200324_142542_resize_64.jpg

I got a shoe-mountable rangefinder the other day. I don't need it for most cameras, which are either auto-focus or have easy to use and reliable manual focus screens, but I thought it would be useful for accurately nailing focus (especially close-up) on zone focus cameras like my Holga or Olympus Trip. I'm not terrible at doing it by eye but, you know, it's a new toy. :D

View attachment 272835

It’ll come in handy for when you get a chroma snapshot camera....[emoji6]

View attachment 272835

I bought one a couple of weeks ago for my new Voigtlander Bessa I, a lovely bit of kit. Problem is that the camera focal scale is in feet and the meter is in metres.....:banghead:

I bought one a couple of weeks ago for my new Voigtlander Bessa I, a lovely bit of kit. Problem is that the camera focal scale is in feet and the meter is in metres.....:banghead:

Andy I saw one on flea at uk only recently in feet so if that suits you better I might have use for one in meters[emoji6]

Édit. Item no 324071915883

Looks like it’s sold sorry mate too late!

Last edited:
Look for a Voigtlander one, as they made some of those scaled in feet rather than metres.

Look for a Voigtlander one, as they made some of those scaled in feet rather than metres.

Sadly it is a Voigtlander..... To be honest it isn't a major issue, I generally only shoot it at infinity and I'm reasonably accurate at converting if I need to focus closer.

I've seen loads (mostly russian made) that are metres only, but this one is feet only, which is handy. The rangefinder patch is super clear and easy to see too.

The rangefinder patch is super clear and easy to see too.
I've never got on with separate rangefinders, even the ones built into cameras like the Ikonta Mess series. All too often I find that, by the time I've aligned the images, read off the distance and set the focus, the subject has moved off and I've lost the will to press the shutter release!

I've never got on with separate rangefinders, even the ones built into cameras like the Ikonta Mess series. All too often I find that, by the time I've aligned the images, read off the distance and set the focus, the subject has moved off and I've lost the will to press the shutter release!

I use a Mess-Ikonta regularly and don't mind the faff of the uncoupled rangefinder. I've just accepted the fact that it's not the right camera for fast moving or erratic subjects, but works very well when I've got room to take time and a more considered approach. To be honest though, I'm not quick at focussing any of my MF cameras, even SLR / TLR models with focusing screens.

Sadly it is a Voigtlander..... To be honest it isn't a major issue, I generally only shoot it at infinity and I'm reasonably accurate at converting if I need to focus closer.
Damn. Mines a foot scale Voigt and seems quite accurate. I've also got a Bessa 1 camera too, so once the lock down ends and we can have another F&C locals meet we can go as book ends! (y) :giggle:

I can’t believe you bought a Bessa L, I could have helped you with that

I can’t believe you bought a Bessa L, I could have helped you with that
I found that the Bessa L paired with the 15mm was a very nice combination.

Apple Store Bath Voigtlander 15mm 35.JPG

No you fool not an L a 1, the old 6*9 folder.:D
I owned a Bessa RF for a while. It had the worst viewfinder I've ever encountered and this was their top of the line model from 1936 to 1951!

:tumbleweed:

No you fool not an L a 1, the old 6*9 folder.:D
Ah that makes sense :LOL:

I don’t suppose I can interest you in a Bessa L can I?

No, but thank you for the kind thought (y):ROFLMAO:

Back