Official Talk Leica thread

Hi, the view from Wergenstein/CH ... (M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Ultra Wide-Heliar 5,6/12 f 8, crop) :

L1032539_DxO-v12-8-c.jpg

A little flaring, a blue spot in the lower middle. My 12mm lens is an early screwmount version. Later releases might be better.

But I can live with this kind of flaring quite happily ... ---

Last edited:
For interest, if anyone is interested, I thought that I would post a couple of images of some of my Leica Cameras

L to R

Leica IIIf produced in 1951 LTM with the 5cm Leitz Elmar f3.5 lens made in 1933 - I have a Leica II from 1936

Leica M3 produced in 1956 with modern Carl Zeiss 2.8f 28mm ZM lens

Leica M6 produced in 1985 with the Voigtlander Ultron 35mm f1.7

Leica M8 with the Leica Summarit 35mm f2.5

Leica cameras are, IMHO, "works of art" - my days of shooting film have long gone but I still find it difficult to part with the three film cameras, but at my age there is no point in keeping them

TP_4_Leicas_1.jpg

TP_4_Leicas_2.jpg

Leica cameras are, IMHO, "works of art" - my days of shooting film have long gone but I still find it difficult to part with the three film cameras, but at my age there is no point in keeping them
It is a fine collection but they, the film cameras, were made to be used so sadly perhaps it is time to pass them to new hands. I hope that when you do sell them they get some more use.
He said feeling slightly guilty for the relative lack of use his M2 sees these days, not that I don't still use film it is just that I am in a SLR mood at the moment.

It is a fine collection but they, the film cameras, were made to be used so sadly perhaps it is time to pass them to new hands. I hope that when you do sell them they get some more use.
He said feeling slightly guilty for the relative lack of use his M2 sees these days, not that I don't still use film it is just that I am in a SLR mood at the moment.

I have started using my M8 again - and I realised that for web use, which is over 90% that 10MPX is enough - but I would like an M9 even so

I started a couple of years ago "copying" all my negatives, but it takes ages, so I gave up, particularly as at least 50% of my film shots weren't great or worth keeping- that's the beauty of digital, if you have the wrong settings you find out almost immediately, whereas with film, make errors and you only find out when you get the film back and then it's sometimes difficult to remember what you did, even if in the past you made a note of the settings when taking film.
MPB have made some good offers for the M film cameras, (almost what I offered the M3 for sale on here) so I'll give eBay a go and if not successful I'll try MPB. Thanks for your comments

Back