Official Talk Leica thread

Hi, flowers - with some air traffic ... (SONY A7R2 - LEITZ Elmarit-R 2,8/135 f 4 ; crop) :

DSC01564-a7r22-L135r-4-c.jpg

(Erwin Puts found, that the Leica R lenses performed better than their M equivalents. And this may be the reason why newer mirrorless bodies have a bajonet with a larger diameter,
and use fatter lenses ... )

Last edited:
Hi, ... (SONY A7R2 - LEITZ Macro-Elmarit 2,8/60 f 2,8 ; crop):

DSC01402-a7r22-L60-28-c.jpg

DSC01402-a7r22-L60-2.jpg

(Not bad for a vintage lens on a back-level body ... )

M8 + Zeiss 28mm
chopped to a 1 x 1

TP_Husband_wife_BW.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, that Jackpot-feeling ... (SONY A7R2 - LEITZ Elmar-R 4/180 f 5,6 ; crop) :

DSC02089-a7r22-L180r-56-c.jpg

(This Elmar is optimal for animal pics at the feeder. - But again, the yield is much higher with the SONY AF 4/70-200 ... )

Hi, with an eye injury ... (M9 - LEITZ Tele-Elmar 4/135 f 5,6 ; crop) :

L1025135_DxO-L135m-56-c.jpg

Attachments

• L1025135_DxO-L35m-56-f.jpg
    L1025135_DxO-L35m-56-f.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi, in Schwelm/D ... (M9 - Summarit 2,5/35 f 4 ; crop) :

L1024586_DxO-L35s-c.jpg

(Good performance of a low-cost Leica lens. - I bought it used years ago, when the Summarits were cheap ... )

Attachments

• L1024586_DxO-L35s-4.jpg
    L1024586_DxO-L35s-4.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 1
The Big Un: British Airways Airbus A380 taking off (TZ40 / Leica Elmar Zoom)

British Airways Airbus A380 TZ40 1020149.jpg

A somewhat spectacular winter cloudscape over Swindon (TZ40 / Leica Elmar Zoom)...

Panasonic TZ40 1000623.JPG

Hi, taking pics of (living) butterflies is not easy ... (M9 - Summarit 2,5/75 f 2,5 ; crop) :
This is true.

You can make it a little less painful though, by using more appropriate tools (Panasonic G9 / Leica DG-Vario-Elmar 100~400mm)...

Butterfly on damp patch of ground G9 P1013360.jpg

Hi, taking pics of (living) butterflies is not easy ... (M9 - Summarit 2,5/75 f 2,5 ; crop) :
No never is... unless you tease them first (fruit) or find them in a butterfly farm (usually very nice) or native area with water/liquid...

You really need the macro/reach to not disturb them, or get a burn by being still in the sun.
If manually focussing, try to get the flower where they will be ... difficult in any breeze though...
Alternatively the evf (I know the m9 didn't have live view tho - so more of a challenge....)
One of mine from the beginning of the year...
Leica M10 + novoflex + nikkor macro 105mm

bit of a queue.....
so no 200+? ;)

(and yes I see the 100kph limit - just some places are a bit less restricted (but not as many as I thought))

Hi, this was just behind the speed trap ... With my dear old 300SE I normally drive at around 140km/h, (the 430TE V8 has a cruising speed of 160km/h).

In my younger days, I drove faster. - What I am experiencing now is not so much old-age wisdom, but simply laziness ... ---

On my route from Mainz to Schwelm only 10% has no speed limit. And there are many speed traps, including mobile ones.

An Old Car in an Ancient Street by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

One of my many holiday snaps!

I really enjoyed the m10 on vacation, some of it's auto iso choices were a bit "er what?" but nothing that completely destroyed a picture

Yet again I travelled with zero leica glass o_O - the zeiss 50 and 21 and CV35 offering everything I needed for the trip

Recently picked up a M2 (first Leica) and have been wondering what lens to start with…feel like I’m suffering from analysis paralysis…

Was thinking 35mm first and probably looking to spend £500-700. So far I have shortlisted:
  • CV 35mm 2.5 color skopar
  • CV 35mm nokton 1.4 v2
  • Zeiss C biogon 2.8 35mm
  • Summarit-M f2.5 35mm (very much depends on used availability and condition as to if it falls in price range)
  • CV ultron 35mm f2 vintage
I like small lenses and that’s what I’ve tried to keep it to. I just go round in circles in my head as to what to get. There’s not many right now but the color-skopar looks like a good deal used. The nokton is tempting due to 1.4. Many forum posts talk about the greatness is the Zeiss and summarit and not to ignore them due to their speed.

I mostly photo people - friends and family. I’ve tended to only use film outdoors as it’s too dark inside but would like to use it indoors if possible.

I’m not sure what I’m expecting people to suggest as there’s no right answer, so maybe any advice or personal experiences.

Last edited:
Recently picked up a M2 (first Leica) and have been wondering what lens to start with…feel like I’m suffering from analysis paralysis…

Was thinking 35mm first and probably looking to spend £500-700. So far I have shortlisted:
  • CV 35mm 2.5 color skopar
  • CV 35mm nokton 1.4 v2
  • Zeiss C biogon 2.8 35mm
  • Summarit-M f2.5 35mm (very much depends on used availability and condition as to if it falls in price range)
  • CV ultron 35mm f2 vintage
I like small lenses and that’s what I’ve tried to keep it to. I just go round in circles in my head as to what to get. There’s not many right now but the color-skopar looks like a good deal used. The nokton is tempting due to 1.4. Many forum posts talk about the greatness is the Zeiss and summarit and not to ignore them due to their speed.

I’m not sure what I’m expecting people to suggest as there’s no right answer, so maybe and advice or personal experiences.
It's not easy as there is such a big price range with Leica fit lenses

If you buy used and are careful you should always get your money back with such a lens, so maybe start at the cheaper end and see how you go - one of my favourite lenses on my M6/M8 and also M4/3 with an adapter is/was the Voigtlander Ultron 35mm f/1.7 which is quite a lot cheaper than your stated price range. The lens, however is not really small,

Good luck

Last edited:
Back