Official Talk Leica thread

Had the opportunity to spend a few hours yesterday with a Q3 & a Q2M wandering around Oxford, courtesy of London Camera Exchange. Both are exceptional cameras, I'm quite blown away by the quality of the images both of them produce... I took my Z7ii along for the ride and as impressed as I am with the image quality from the Z series, the Q2M/Q3 files are fantastic.

If I had to choose just one, I'd be hard pressed to in truth but would probably go for the Q2M as someone that converts most images to black and white the Q2M would make more sense but the files from the Q3 are very special.

Now then, anyone got any spare kidneys I could have to sell :ROFLMAO:

Q2m_L1060020 by Dave Young, on Flickr

Q3_L1030214 by Dave Young, on Flickr

Back in the Leica fold :)

After having a CL and Q2, both now just a memory, I took delivery yesterday of a 'minter' SL2-S
Indistinguishable from new, boxes, both inner and outer and all the bits and bobs and the unused strap.
Even had a 'full' manual.
Came with a 12 month warranty
Almost £1k below list.

I have a Pana 50mm S lens but a Leica 50mm f2 Summicron-SL ASPH Lens is arriving today for comparison, think I might just keep it and return the Pana.

Back in the Leica fold :)

After having a CL and Q2, both now just a memory, I took delivery yesterday of a 'minter' SL2-S
Indistinguishable from new, boxes, both inner and outer and all the bits and bobs and the unused strap.
Even had a 'full' manual.
Came with a 12 month warranty
Almost £1k below list.

I have a Pana 50mm S lens but a Leica 50mm f2 Summicron-SL ASPH Lens is arriving today for comparison, think I might just keep it and return the Pana.
Nice Dave. Didn’t see that coming.

Nor me Trevor.

Impulse buy, I was 80 in March.
It came at the right price, with full SWIMBO approval, in fact she egged me on,
Eagerly awaiting the Leica 50mm to arrive this PM.
You’re a very lucky man to have her. Don’t tell her I said so…

So, an update on the lomography purchase.
I bought the Lomography LC-A Minitar-1 Art Lens f2.8 32mm. Picture below

Ultra pancake, which means the camera can fit into a jacket pocket. 32mm is a bit wider than I'd like but thats the challenge.
It arrived a week before the cruise to norway, perfect timing. And being so small didnt take up much space.
The lens cap is screw on type, large coin size.
However disaster happened... the lens cap fell off. But I caught it so to make sure it didnt fall off again, I tightened it. Perhaps a little too far? Anyway when taking the lens capp off, not only did the cap come off but so did the outer housing. I thought the build quality was a bit low, but its lomo... meant to be ? But then the focus didnt work right... and whilst tilting the camera nd lens that actual lens fell out.. ok. Broke it on day 1 of the cruise.... guttted... Still had other lenses (cruise pics in the pile to be processed).

Contacted Lomography and they were helpful and fast in responsing. Sent the lens back once I got back home and they offered money back or replacement. I did like the pancake size, so I asked for a replacement (pic above).
Front focus has four positions the soft click to give you long, 3m 1.5m and 0.8m focus distance. Initially I thought that the long was phone like and everything would be in focus.. uh no. just the bit in the distance.
its smooth on sliding.
The aperture is controlled with a little knob on the side... usually I leave at 2.8 or 5.6.
Link to flickr album

Post storm damage...

I have noticed a tinge on the sides, might be pushing the saturation too much :/

Back