Official Talk Leica thread

Hi, bokeh impressions... ---

M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Apo-Lanthar 2/50 f 2 ; crop :

L1030807_DxO-v50-2-c.jpg

M9 - ZEISS Planar 2/50 f 2 ; crop :

L1031143_DxO-z50p-2-c.jpg

I also included the full pics below to help assessing the differences in lighting and position ...

Attachments

• L1030807_DxO-v50-2.jpg
    L1030807_DxO-v50-2.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 1
  • L1031143_DxO-z50p-2.jpg
    L1031143_DxO-z50p-2.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ok, for the slow of thinking (me), why shoot through a welding glass?
For fun.
and more for practice.
Can do a longer exposure on a sunny day, so say it was a bit more interesting (like a square with a statue, blue skies with some fluffy moving clouds) then people who are moving become ghosts, the clouds streak, but the statue would be nice.
Or water gets smooth.
For me its a fun thing to try and do and when it is a decent subject, looks good :)

plus, welding glass, adapter ring, blu-tack (to seal without light getting in), step down or other adapter to the lens... fairly cheap in comparison to the proper glass (one I have).

Oh, that feeling of emptiness !!! ... (M9 - ZEISS Biogon 2,8/25 f 2,8) :

L1031535_DxO-z25.jpg

I put the cam on the table, the lens resting on the shade. Its closest distance is 50cm. So, I used the the M9 body for measuring the distance, which worked.

An EVF is more elegant to use, of course ... ---

There's very little discussion about the gear in this Leica thread, not even about how overpriced it is :ROFLMAO:

On the other hand maybe we're just taking photos and not obsessing about specs, I must admit it's liberating to not be constantly trying to work out what to buy next.

There's very little discussion about the gear in this Leica thread, not even about how overpriced it is :ROFLMAO:

On the other hand maybe we're just taking photos and not obsessing about specs, I must admit it's liberating to not be constantly trying to work out what to buy next.
I've my 3 M9s and no desire for any other Leicas until my M9s die then I am in a dilemma but hopefully that will be a long way away.

Hi, one reason for this is that Leica M mount lenses (including ZEISS and VOIGTLÄNDER) were always of high quality, and performed well. So, it is quite difficult to buy
a new lens offering a major step forward.

I am very happy with my two M9s, and I shall use them as long as possible. I like the CCD rendering.

Hi, ... (M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Nokton classic 1,4/40 f 1,4 ; crop):

L1012104_DxO-v40-14-c.jpg

This is an early version, before they had the single coated and multi coated models. It performs nicely, but I use it rarely, because the focus ring is sticky, and makes screeching sounds ...

This is the only VOIGTLÄNDER lens I am not happy with ... ---

Back