Official Talk Leica thread

DPR comments make this place on its worst day look like hippy love in :D

I can see the appeal of the Q cameras and they seem very capable but to be honest they're way beyond what I could ever justify spending on myself for anything short of a car :D and I do think I prefer 35mm to 28mm so I'll just admire the Q's from afar and wish those who own one all the best :D

Ignore DPR comments though :D and some of the more negative ones on this site too :D

Hi, Leica M9 - Leitz(Leica) Summicron 2/35 v4, f 2:

L1017406_DxO-L35c-2-tp.jpg

Years ago, it received the honorary title king of bokeh. Meanwhile, other lenses have caught up, I think ... ---

Q-P in the classifieds (not mine)

Love it! That's the sort of shot a camera-club competition judge would describe as "well seen" which is a phrase that always annoyed me when I was in a club... But it does seem apt in this case.

Thank you.
I find 'well-seen' to be a great compliment. :clap:
The only better compliment is...'I wish I'd taken that'.....but lets not get carried away :LOL:

Hi, A rose by any name would smell as sweet, Shakespeare wrote.

Who am I to disagree ? ---

Now would it look as beautiful if this picture was not taken by a Leica ?

I am at a loss here ... --- :)

L1017520_DxO-L50c-c-2-tp.jpg

Leica M9 - Summicron 2/50 current version, f crop full image

Attachments

• L1017520_DxO-L50c-2-tp.jpg
    L1017520_DxO-L50c-2-tp.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi, Leica M9 - ZEISS Distagon 1,4/35 f 1,4:

L1017536_DxO-z35d-14-tp.jpg

I have been looking for a comparison between the Leica Summilux and the Distagon for some time.

The reviewer appears to know the Summilux well and tried the Distagon for a few days recently:

https://www.macfilos.com/2018/05/18/2018-5-16-zeiss-distagon-t-1435-zm-review/

I find this review balanced and fair. There seem to be no compelling reasons (for me) to buy the Summilux, too.

The lens shade of the Distagon was a problem, for some, because of its price. China shades were just screw-ins, so no filter and cover use ...

Now, there is a bayonet shade available from China (like the ZEISS original) for 40 €. I bought it, and am satisfied.

Last edited:
First photo of the day, before I even joined the photo-walk, and now I can't be arsed with anything else I took for the rest of the day..

I hear you, the amount of times my first photo of the day has been my fav photo of that day, yet still I spent hours walking wearing my little legs out

Hi, Leica M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Nokton 1,2/35 v1 f 1,2:

L1017554_DxO-v35-12-tp.jpg

This Nokton is still my fastest lens. I use it rarely because it is bulky and heavy and the ZEISS Distagon 35 is better. Using fast lenses on the M9 is not as much fun
as on my SONY A7R2. The Leica shutter speed of 1/4000 sec is often too slow.

Why not 1/8000 sec? SONY can do it.

One could use grey filters. But they are expensive, and even good ones can affect colours ... ---

Last edited:
Hi, Leica M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Nokton 1,2/35 v1 f 1,2:

View attachment 246245

This Nokton is still my fastest lens. I use it rarely because it is bulky and heavy and the ZEISS Distagon 35 is better. Using fast lenses on the M9 is not as much fun
as on my SONY A7R2. The Leica shutter speed of 1/4000 sec is often too slow.

One could use grey filters. But they are expensive, and even good ones can affect colours ... ---
I think the new 35/1.2 is smaller and lighter... it also gets good reviews

... ---

100% agree. (Fuji can do it too)

Personally I was very surprised that the M10 didn’t go to 1/8000.

Especially considering that the very first M8 did

Also digital Ms don’t have the lowest base ISO known to humanity (the M10 isn’t really ISO100, that’s actually a ‘pull’)

Back