Official Talk Leica thread

Forget the M6 and get an M2! My favourite M, and it has the 35mm frame lines which I don't think the M3 has...

That's right, but I have the 35mm Summicron with goggles so it isn't a problem. Had an M2 and sold it. That was a mistake.

Thank you so much, to be honest I often think the same with other people's photos (in both col/bw!)

It was foggy that day which I think always gives photos a little something in the end look

Can't help with that, I'm a lazy digital M shooter :D

booooooooo! :D

In the interest of addressing the digital/film balance in this thread, here is San Fransisco on the M3 and Ektar 100

Last edited by a moderator:
If it helps any... I’m currently wearing a tee shirt that has stains from darkroom chemicals (which dates it to about the mid 1990s)

My dark room progress has stalled as I am going to be selling this house, so won't be finishing it unfortunately. I am currently reading a book with photographs by Elliott Erwitt and really considering sticking to B&W in the Leica for a while.

So the problem I have with manual focus is that without my specs I can't see for toffee... This though, is how I see things without help...
M6, Voigtlander 35mm f2, Ilford Delta 400

Blind Man Selfie
by Ian, on Flickr

Attempting to sell outwith classifieds
Had a 3c once. (I think c)
Stolen or lost.
MOD EDIT: leave the selling until you can particpiate in the Classifieds Section please

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic Dan.
Had a bit of a wobble and thought about selling my Q.
Gave myself a slap...obviously..

:D hah

I ordered the 24mm 1.4 GM, I wondered if it would tempt me away from the Q2 for any reason...

But actually i worked a leavers' ball tonight, I used the Q2 with a flash just setup for a group photo in front of a 2019 sign - and used the 2 x A9 for general event photos. So three cameras came in useful.

Is anyone waiting for a Q2? I've ended up with a spare so I can offer it here, if it helps someone out, before sending it back.

I still have my Q2 sat here unopened. Can't decide if I want it if I want to stick to the Q-P, or try something different like an SL. Since using the Q-P my enthusiasm for the Q2 has waned a little and I'm struggling to justify the "upgrade". No doubt it's a great camera but as Trevor says, it's not for everyone.

As digital cameras go, the m9’s ccd sensor is a lot less digital looking with its images than many modern chips

I know, I am only playing. If I ever got a digital body, it would probably be a Leica to take my lenses.

Back