Official Talk Leica thread

Edit My Images
No
That's amazing, they both have a rugby field at the end!

Edit My Images
Yes
With the voigtlander 15mm f4.5 - did you get many with the vignette/shade casting into the photo ? (see below left and right sides)
Leica typ 240 mp - voigtlander 15mm f4.5
L1007421 by Katia & Vince, on Flickr

Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
With the voigtlander 15mm f4.5 - did you get many with the vignette/shade casting into the photo ? (see below left and right Leica typ 240 mp - voigtlander 15mm f4.5
by
Hi, for me, this looks like a SONY A7xx without using the SONY lens correction app ... ---

The Leica M9 has a manual lens profile selection feature. For the 15mm Voigtländer, I use the 2,8/21 Elmarit profile, and have no colour shift. (This profile works with
many "difficult" lenses with a colour shift tendency.)

Voigtländer 4,5/15 V3 on M9 (posting #1488):

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/official-talk-leica-thread.429606/page-38

Perhaps, this works for the 240, too ... --- :)

Last edited:
Edit My Images
Yes
@justpix... food for thought. I don't suppose LR has some extras that could be applied/downloaded ?

Leica typ 240 mp + 7Artisans 50mm f1.1
L1007459 by Katia & Vince, on Flickr

Beginning to get the hang of it.
Sometimes the exposures go wrong (especially with the 15mm - doesnt seem to hold an exposure or perhaps I am doing it wrong)
But enjoying the pics I can get... :)
15mm has a mild distortion near the edges plus the chromatic shift - I will need to check around.
Only other thing is dust speck that get to be annoying (I have a blower but it seems its not enough)
Really enjoying the camera and lenses though! :)

Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes

1)@justpix
... food for thought. I don't suppose LR has some extras that could be applied/downloaded ?

2)15mm has a mild distortion near the edges plus the chromatic shift - I will need to check around.

3)Really enjoying the camera and lenses though! :)
Hi,

ad 1, 2) I try do as much as possible in cam, hence my reference to profile selection.

ad 3) Which is the most important thing !!! :)

Have a nice weekend! (Leica M9 - ZEISS Biogon 2,8/25 f 2,8) :

L1018371_DxO-z25-28.jpg

Last edited:
Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
Dave , how are you finding that CL? I have a Q and Pen F but the CL keeps calling, i’ll Keep the Q and sell the Pen and lenses, but I keep looking at the cost of lenses for the CL. What other lenses do you have and use?

Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, at the Classic Gala 2019 in Schwetzingen,( (Leica M9 - Summarit 2,5/35 f 2,5 crop) I show the full picure as a thumbnail, hoping this is helpful )) :

L1018805_DxO-L35s-25-c-tp.jpg

On Saturday, I took the M9 and the Summarit (and the SONY A7R2 - SZ FE 1,8/55, because of AF, when I had less time, because of the general public),
on Sunday the M9 and the ZEISS Distagon.

Attachments

Edit My Images
Yes
Dave , how are you finding that CL? I have a Q and Pen F but the CL keeps calling, i’ll Keep the Q and sell the Pen and lenses, but I keep looking at the cost of lenses for the CL. What other lenses do you have and use?
Mmmmmm.......I have the 18-56mm and the 55-135mm, both are, IMVHO, stunning lenses. I can pull-up to 100% when required, no problem. TL lenses are not cheap and they will almost certainly be my last due to lack of IS.

I dooooo miss the IS from my Oly E-M1 MKll + 12-100 f4 Pro, so much so that I replaced the combo last week. IBIS + lens OIS gives me 6.5 stops of stabilisation....at 76 years of age I find it necessary. With the CL I tend to use a monopod especially with the heavier 55-135mm.

The CL, my first Leica, was/is a learning curve, so unlike 'normal' cameras, idiosyncratic to say the least. I'm still enjoying it....but is it a keeper? The jury is still out.

IQ is superb as to be expected, but so are the images from my sons Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II and almost every other camera/phone these days.

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
Mmmmmm.......I have the 18-56mm and the 55-135mm, both are, IMVHO, stunning lenses. I can pull-up to 100% when required, no problem. TL lenses are not cheap and they will almost certainly be my last due to lack of IS.

I dooooo miss the IS from my Oly E-M1 MKll + 12-100 f4 Pro, so much so that I replaced the combo last week. IBIS + lens OIS gives me 6.5 stops of stabilisation....at 76 years of age I find it necessary. With the CL I tend to use a monopod especially with the heavier 55-135mm.

The CL, my first Leica, was/is a learning curve, so unlike 'normal' cameras, idiosyncratic to say the least. I'm still enjoying it....but is it a keeper? The jury is still out.

IQ is superb as to be expected, but so are the images from my sons Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II and almost every other camera/phone these days.

Thanks Dave I appreciate you taking the time and your thoughts.

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Some images from my first walk out with my new Leica SL, which im loving.

Leica SL - Leica 24mm Elmarit-M 2.8 ASPH, @ ISO100, f/2.8, 1/2500s

Leica SL - Leica 24mm Elmarit-M 2.8 ASPH, @ ISO100, f/2.8, 1/2000s

Leica SL - Leica 24mm Elmarit-M 2.8 ASPH, @ ISO100, f/4.8, 1/2000s

Leica SL - Leica 24mm Elmarit-M 2.8 ASPH, @ ISO100, f/5.6, 1/200s

Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

L1018949_DxO-z35d-c-tp.jpg

L1018709_DxO-L35s-c-tp.jpg

Both are taken with the M9, #1 with the 35mm Distagon, #2 with the 2,5/35 Summarit, both at f 3,5, and cropped.

No ceteris paribus observed. Both lenses performed nicely, I would say ... The ZEISS seems a little contrastier, but it was used on another day,
after rain, before the sun ---

Last edited: