Official Talk Leica thread

. I was loaded with 100 speed film and the light was low in here so my shutter was as low as I dare but it captures all the action of a Portugal fish market, I think.

Sooner or later you’ll find your m6 at the right price.

And that lovely image certainly does capture the Portuguese fish market vibe (I live in Portugal)

Sooner or later you’ll find your m6 at the right price.

And that lovely image certainly does capture the Portuguese fish market vibe (I live in Portugal)

Ah thank you Adam on both counts. That MP was really lovely and so tempting but it was also really pricey.

Adam, I'm currently debating picking up a summarit 35mm 2.5 for roughly 600 pounds. How does this lens perform indoors? I was looking at this and a zeiss biogon 2.8 as they're roughly in the same price bracket. Love the colours in your image.

Adam, I'm currently debating picking up a summarit 35mm 2.5 for roughly 600 pounds. How does this lens perform indoors? I was looking at this and a zeiss biogon 2.8 as they're roughly in the same price bracket. Love the colours in your image.

Hi Sanad,

Which camera would you put on?

I use an M9, which I never have set above iso640. This can be coaxed up to about 2000ish in LR (more so in BW than colour) and at web/social media sizes the images look ok.

If you have a newer Leica, then the iso will be better

On the M9 f2.4 can be very, very SS restrictive indoors on such a low iso value. Yes handholding technique or wall/table (or even real) tripods can save the day, but if you’re shooting something that moves there’s no substitute for SS

You can try and use what light there is and go for a dark moody picture.

If you have an M240 add about a stop to that, if you have an M10 then you’ll be fine as by all accounts the iso on that is pretty good

Hi Sanad,

Which camera would you put on?

I use an M9, which I never have set above iso640. This can be coaxed up to about 2000ish in LR (more so in BW than colour) and at web/social media sizes the images look ok.

If you have a newer Leica, then the iso will be better

On the M9 f2.4 can be very, very SS restrictive indoors on such a low iso value. Yes handholding technique or wall/table (or even real) tripods can save the day, but if you’re shooting something that moves there’s no substitute for SS

You can try and use what light there is and go for a dark moody picture.

If you have an M240 add about a stop to that, if you have an M10 then you’ll be fine as by all accounts the iso on that is pretty good

I'll be using it on the m240. It's my first foray into leica so wanted to buy a 240 first and see if I feel with the system.

But that doesn't make it a good photograph! As you most probably know.

Unfotunately, yes, I do know and that goes for pretty much all of my photographs. Out of interest, what would make it a good photograph?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still umming and ahhhing over the next lenses...
Had a look at kamera express, there is a used 15mm in an affordable amount plus a dark filter attachment, plus the 50mm 7artisans...

But for a similar price is the zeiss 50mm f1.5 and the used 50mm leica...
I am going to try and resist the urge to buy now and see what I've got available next month... Feel free to try and get me to buy now though ;) more time to practice :D

plus a summer offer knocking off a few hundred on a leica summicron 50mm f2... oooor the voigtlander 50 f1.1 ... Choices and no lotto win yet :/ sigh

Last edited:
Hi, (Leica M9 - Summicron 2/50 current version f 4, crop) slight veiling to the right of the funnel :

L1018396_DxO-L50c-4c-tp.jpg

(For bright sunny days, the Summarit might be better ... --- )

Attachments

• L1018396_DxO-L50c-4-tp.jpg
    L1018396_DxO-L50c-4-tp.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The current Summicron 50mm is my favourite 50, but I'm not sure on the 35mm. I think the Ultron 35/2 Asph is at least as good as the current Summicron 35mm and better than the previous version...

The current Summicron 50mm is my favourite 50, but I'm not sure on the 35mm. I think the Ultron 35/2 Asph is at least as good as the current Summicron 35mm and better than the previous version...

Hi, I cannot say anything about the 35s you mentioned from personal experience. I am quite happy with my 5 35s ... ---

Maybe in the links below you find some suggestions :

https://sites.google.com/site/wosim...richte-objektive-leica-lens-reviews-28mm-35mm

A discussion on the LUFI of the ZEISS Distagon 1,4/35 and the Leica Summilux 1,4/35 (with contributions of people having or having had both):

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/282639-recommend-zeiss-35mm-f14-distagon-t-zm/#comments

Last edited:
Back